Anthem of the Seas

Just off Allure and during the win a cruise bingo they said that the cruise was for a 7 night Carribean cruise and it could not be on Quantum or Anthems. I thought that was weird since everybody think Anthem is going to Europe...

Just off Allure and during the win a cruise bingo they said that the cruise was for a 7 night Carribean cruise and it could not be on Quantum or Anthems. I thought that was weird since everybody think Anthem is going to Europe...

Anthem will probably winter in the USA.

It was probably more that they were just reading the fine print lingo. Royal Caribbean now has a clause that special sales and deals cannot be used on inaugural seasons which would be all of Quantum's sailings and if Anthem is going on sale later this month, her as well. It probably wasn't linked to the caribbean part since I don't think Quantum will even be offering a 7 night caribbean sailing.

As far as I think, ANTHEM will be wintered in the Caribbean on the same itinerary that FREEDOM currently offers out of Port Canaveral.

From late 2015, ANTHEM calls at the same days at St Maarten as FREEDOM currently does.

And in summer 2016, according to rumors, OASIS III is supposed to sail year-round out of Port Canaveral.

As far as I think, ANTHEM will be wintered in the Caribbean on the same itinerary that FREEDOM currently offers out of Port Canaveral.

From late 2015, ANTHEM calls at the same days at St Maarten as FREEDOM currently does.

And in summer 2016, according to rumors, OASIS III is supposed to sail year-round out of Port Canaveral.

Very interesting! So you really think Anthem will replace Freedom at PC? That would be really great and would have a very big demand as it is within shorter driving distance for a lot of people from other states than a drive to FLL. But, will Royal Caribbean let NCL put a new ship in Miami and not "compete". They could do the same trend as was done in NJ/NY (i.e. two new builds. NCL followed by RCI). Or is Freedom heading to Miami?

It was probably more that they were just reading the fine print lingo. Royal Caribbean now has a clause that special sales and deals cannot be used on inaugural seasons which would be all of Quantum's sailings and if Anthem is going on sale later this month, her as well. It probably wasn't linked to the caribbean part since I don't think Quantum will even be offering a 7 night caribbean sailing.

Quantum will be offering 7 night bahamas cruises. When people book free 7 night caribbean cruises, they are permitted to make it a "bahamas" cruise. But apparently quantum and anthem have been added to the oasis and allure prohibited free cruise list - no matter when they sail or where they sail from.

Gina

I do not know whether FREEDOM is going to Miami than.

But I think since several years the old MAJESTY is the only ship which departes regulary from Miami...

But FREEDOM out of Miami from winter 2015 could be an option, I do not know it yet. Or maybe she (or ADVENTURE) sails out of New Orleans...:confused:

I personally could imagine that LIBERTY sails out of Galveston to replace NAVIGATOR, which seems to sail out of San Juan from may 2015...

Edited by celebrity_fan

• 3 months later...
Does anyone have any idea where these cabins are located and what is the obstruction? Is it worth the difference in price?

Most of the obstructed view cabins are where the lifeboats block part of the view. From what I've seen of the Solstice class (same design) the top of the lifeboats are about level with the top of the balcony railing. Google "Celebrity Solstice Obstructed View" and click images for some examples.

That might not be too bad. I wonder if it would be better to be up a little higher? Hmmmm . . . .

I was on deck 7 on Reflection and it was fine (see pics in my flickr below) - id avoid deck 6 because of the obstruction (unless it was competitively priced!)

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Although we have been on 2 cruises with Royal Caribbean we have not booked direct before. We are going to book Anthem for a Europe cruise in 2015 on the 26th Feb when they release the bookings for Crown and Anchor members. Do you have to phone the normal booking number or do you phone the Crown and Anchor number. We are based in the UK. I take it you cant book early if you book with a TA.

Although we have been on 2 cruises with Royal Caribbean we have not booked direct before. We are going to book Anthem for a Europe cruise in 2015 on the 26th Feb when they release the bookings for Crown and Anchor members. Do you have to phone the normal booking number or do you phone the Crown and Anchor number. We are based in the UK. I take it you cant book early if you book with a TA.

I don't see why you can't book with a TA, unless there are different procedures over in the UK I'm not aware of. The restriction in the early booking is that it's limited to C&A members, I don't believe it requires you personally to book directly through C&A.

Someone can correct me if I'm wrong.

Edited by Dave85

I booked quantum early through my TA. They have access to exactly the same systems. I've already set up my TA to put the booking in when the system comes online on Wednesday for Anthem :)

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

With the C&A priority booking period for Anthem kicking off on Wednesday, isn't it time RCI showed us the Deck Plans?? Bearing in mind the rumoured stateroom re-classifications??

An email from someone in the C&A dept told me this is apparently planned for Anthem ...

OS Category has 2 extra Staterooms.

GS Category has 2 extra Staterooms.

FJ Category has 4 extra Staterooms.

SJ Category has 4 Staterooms less.

But that was all he could confirm so far? No mention of what is happening to the D staterooms that I was actually enquiring about.

I don't like not knowing, I like to be perpared ha ha.

Don't forget that thus date is only for the Anthems European sailings.

Her winter sailings out of FLL will be released to C&A members March 12.

Is it safe to assume the Anthem Transatlantic from Southampton to Fort Lauderdale would be a 'European' sailing?? Just wondering what date that particular sailing would be available for C&A members

Is it safe to assume the Anthem Transatlantic from Southampton to Fort Lauderdale would be a 'European' sailing?? Just wondering what date that particular sailing would be available for C&A members

I would check how they handled Allure's TAs and would expect them to handle Anthem's the same way. If those TAs opened with the European sailings you should be able to book Anthem's on the earlier date... assuming Anthem opens on time in the absence of a published deck plan.

With the C&A priority booking period for Anthem kicking off on Wednesday, isn't it time RCI showed us the Deck Plans?? Bearing in mind the rumoured stateroom re-classifications??

An email from someone in the C&A dept told me this is apparently planned for Anthem ...

But that was all he could confirm so far? No mention of what is happening to the D staterooms that I was actually enquiring about.

It wouldn't surprise me that they made these changes especially with the FJ and SJ category. People complained about the lack of more FJ on Quantum. And given the demand they may have realized they needed to add more GS and OS suites. I don't think there is a suite left on any Quantum sailing. Once in a while a suite pops up then gone in the next day or so.

Perhaps I'm missing something obvious, but where / how are they creating extra room for those 4 (net) extra suites? ...or should I add this to the list of many unanswered questions about the Quantum Class?

Perhaps I'm missing something obvious, but where / how are they creating extra room for those 4 (net) extra suites? ...or should I add this to the list of many unanswered questions about the Quantum Class?

My guess would be that they are taking it from the D balconies and possibly the back portion of the center hump. The FJ and JS look like an easy swap.

Anthem in Europe & her October TA from Southampton to FLL opened up for booking just over two hours ago. I believe you have to call to book.

RCCL UK and UK TAs may be in for a bit of a shock tomorrow :eek:

Well I'm pleased to report that it's 8:39 PM here in New York and the Anthem of the Seas now officially exists in the booking section only of the Royal Caribbean U.S. website. Still no deck plan though, and the cruises on the website are unpriced!