Anthem of the Seas

Hi. I went to your link and it says ADVENTURE and INDEPENDENCE will be in Villefrancehe, France in 2015. Where did you see it say ANTHEM, or did they change it? thanks, c

They must have changed it, because until yesterday morning, ANTHEM has been listed instead of INDEPENEDENCE...:confused:

They must have changed it, because until yesterday morning, ANTHEM has been listed instead of INDEPENEDENCE...:confused:

They may have changed it because this week RCCL UK announced there will be 100 redundancies in their UK office, so perhaps they didn't want to rub salt in wounds or perhaps they are peeved that the news of Anthem sailing from Southampton got out before they were ready to announce it ? :confused:

They may have changed it because this week RCCL UK announced there will be 100 redundancies in their UK office, so perhaps they didn't want to rub salt in wounds or perhaps they are peeved that the news of Anthem sailing from Southampton got out before they were ready to announce it ? :confused:

You hit the nail on the head..they want to make the announcement.

Could be like that - I think RCI does not want that it's known that Anthem comes to Europe until RCI has announced any official news. ;)

Edited by celebrity_fan

Could be like that - I think RCI does not want that it's known that Anthem comes to Europe until RCI has announced any official news. ;)

As with everything, things can change. As long as they have one ship booked in at each port, it holds a berth for them. They can change to whatever ship whenever.

I was looking at Carnival bookings in Med for 2014 earlier this year before they announced and Dubrovnik showed the Carnival Spirit visiting many times during summer 2014 and she is a year-round Australia based ship. Carnival obviously had just named any old ship so that a berth could be booked.

In the end Carnival Cruise Lines arent having any ships in Europe in 2014. I suspect this wasnt the case until they had the unfortunate incident on the Triumph which scuppered their drydock plans.

Moral of the story is - we can speculate all we want but RCCL's plans probably change daily so we wont know until they announce.

It would make sense, because the british market is very important for RCI...

But for me it wouldn't matter whether Anthem or Independence sails from Southampton - I think on both ships you'll have a great cruise experience... :)

More important for me is that Serenade of the Seas sails out of Hamburg in August 2015! :D

So as long as we are speculating here what does everyone think of the Allure possibly spending the summer in Europe in 2015 after her dry dock in the spring.

RCI tested the water with the Oasis in the fall of 2014 after her dry dock and judging by the prices she commanded in Europe it looks like the demand was there just not the right season for her to spend a longer amount of time.

Allure could sail Europe for the summer with Anthem as well, that would possibly free up the Indy to take Allures place in FLL for the summer.

Whatever happens it will be interesting next spring once all the schedules get released.

So as long as we are speculating here what does everyone think of the Allure possibly spending the summer in Europe in 2015 after her dry dock in the spring.

RCI tested the water with the Oasis in the fall of 2014 after her dry dock and judging by the prices she commanded in Europe it looks like the demand was there just not the right season for her to spend a longer amount of time.

Allure could sail Europe for the summer with Anthem as well, that would possibly free up the Indy to take Allures place in FLL for the summer.

Whatever happens it will be interesting next spring once all the schedules get released.

Allure should have her dry dock schedule in 2015 - so I think she might do the Europe itineraries in 2015 which Oasis does in 2014...

But I think she won't sail the 7-night Western med out of Barcelona which Liberty does currently - if Allure did it, some ports couldn't be visited - for example, Villefranche, because you have to tender there - so the nicest port on the itinerary would be missed...

Liberty should also offer this itinerary in 2015... ;)

Allure should have her dry dock schedule in 2015 - so I think she might do the Europe itineraries in 2015 which Oasis does in 2014...

But I think she won't sail the 7-night Western med out of Barcelona which Liberty does currently - if Allure did it, some ports couldn't be visited - for example, Villefranche, because you have to tender there - so the nicest port on the itinerary would be missed...

Liberty should also offer this itinerary in 2015... ;)

Do Allure or Oasis use tenders in any ports currently or is that just not possible due to the size of the ships?

But i think it is possible to tender with the Quantum-ships?

Maybe this also depends on where the Anthem is sailing in 2015...

They already tender with the Freedom class, e.g. Liberty at Villefranche or Freedom at Grand Cayman, so with Quantum/Anthem being a similar size I'd say they'd be capable (whether they want to is another matter given the number of people) - if anything I'd hope they'd learnt a few things about the good designs for Oasis/Allure's gangways and employed them here.

I'd also say that as Q/A share similar DNA to the Solstice class that the gangways will be pretty similar.

With the potential of an Oasis class to come to Europe more permanently post-2014 I'd say there will be a long line of ports working to try to build suitable infrastructure to support them, and if they can support O/A then they can support pretty much anything.

I will say that I heard both Anthem and Oasis number 3 are both planned to be based in Southampton for their first summer seasons.

And no, it wasn't from a bartender. :D

hm, been considering the Allure transatlantic in 2015, but if Oasis III will do Europe and a transatlantic in 2016...gonna have to think about this one. Always prefer leaving from English speaking nations, so Southampton is a big plus over Barcelona.

They already tender with the Freedom class, e.g. Liberty at Villefranche or Freedom at Grand Cayman, so with Quantum/Anthem being a similar size I'd say they'd be capable (whether they want to is another matter given the number of people) - if anything I'd hope they'd learnt a few things about the good designs for Oasis/Allure's gangways and employed them here.

I'd also say that as Q/A share similar DNA to the Solstice class that the gangways will be pretty similar.

Also, Quantum is scheduled to tender in CocoCay and Samana, so Anthem can definitely tender.

Oasis III from Southampton?? Sounds interesting!!:eek:

But, to be honest, I cannot really remember that such a great ship goes on 14-night-cruises- also many ports cannot handle the large ship... ;) or the port capacities will be enlarged until 2016, when Oasis III debutes...

Anthem from Southampton would make more sense than from Barcelona - as already written, it's better for the english speaking nations! :D

I do not think that such a huge ship like Anthem sails to Alaska... maybe a Voyager-class-ship... could it be that Explorer sails to Alaska or is she also too large for that region?

Anthem should call ports which can handle the ships large - only ports in Europe and the Caribbean can handle such ships...:)

I do not think that such a huge ship like Anthem sails to Alaska... maybe a Voyager-class-ship... could it be that Explorer sails to Alaska or is she also too large for that region?

Anthem should call ports which can handle the ships large - only ports in Europe and the Caribbean can handle such ships...:)

The Mariner of the Seas used to sail to Alaska and a Celebrity Solstice class currently does. The anthem size wise is not much bigger than Voyager/Freedom class so I do not think size would be much of a problem.

Agree. I also believe that it is not just weather the ports can handle the larger ships but weather or not they can fit through the Panama Canal. To get to Alaska and back to the Caribbean or Europe would be a very long trip although some interesting itineraries. RCI seems to me to be more mass market and does not offer some of the more interesting itineraries that Celebrity and Azamara do.

Agree. I also believe that it is not just weather the ports can handle the larger ships but weather or not they can fit through the Panama Canal. To get to Alaska and back to the Caribbean or Europe would be a very long trip although some interesting itineraries. RCI seems to me to be more mass market and does not offer some of the more interesting itineraries that Celebrity and Azamara do.

The Brilliance of the Seas has been doing some interesting itineraries that have been fetching a huge price boost. Some of the itineraries like the north atlantic transatlantic are once a year and often more than double the price of other transatlantic. I think Royal has a market for these one off itineraries and these people will pay a fortune for them. They just can't over do it. Once a year is a rare treat, once a month is routine.