Which carnival cruise is good for 4 spring breakers next year 2014

heem

Really??? That's interesting. Not once in my search did that appear. I'm going to look into Norwegian now. Thank you

I think that poster was playing you. NCL is great and all but not what I consider a constant party unless you book a short cruise on the NCL sky which only does 3 and 4 day runs. Even then, its not what I consider wild.

The best time to cruise would likely be earlier In March since that is when most universities are on Spring break, but the grade schools are still in session since they go on break closer to Easter. So my assumption would be less kids (although there will ALWAYS be children and families on cruises no matter when you book). Also the shorter the cruise the more you find people partying harder since they try to get alot in, since the time is short.

We're looking for wild fun young people to party with.

Any 5 or 4 night cruise to the Bahamas will do the trick. Trust me on this.

Have fun. But stay off the railings.

I was young once.

:)

You're not going to find as much action as you want on a cruise ship. 24 hour non-stop partying has many fathers during spring break.(Daytona, Texas, and lots of the islands) But if you think you can go crazy on a ship think again, they have security and a couple of jail cells on board and those folks don't smile much... Most cruises have lots of couples and depending on the time of year lots of kids too. If you are set on a cruise I'd suggest looking at the shorter ones, those are the notorious booze cruises.

Carnival Sensation (4 days, Freeport and Nassau) was a pretty big party cruise. Everybody was out dancing in clubs until they closed, then hanging out on the lido deck until 4:00 AM. (Cabin hallways were still quiet.) The partying was even crazier in the Senor Frog's bars in ports: conga lines, shouting at random, free shots being poured, and so on. It was mostly the 20- and 30-somethings who partied, but some of the older crowd got in on the action too.

Carnival Imagination (4 days, Key West and Cozumel) from last year was a party cruise too, but slightly less so. People got their groove on and stayed up late, but it was less intense. In ports, it was still as lively, with people staggering back to the ship at the end, and pier runners sprinting so they won't be stranded in a foreign port.

Edited by LandlockedCruiser01

Carnival Sensation (4 days, Freeport and Nassau) was a pretty big party cruise. Everybody was out dancing in clubs until they closed, then hanging out on the lido deck until 4:00 AM. (Cabin hallways were still quiet.) The partying was even crazier in the Senor Frog's bars in ports: conga lines, shouting at random, free shots being poured, and so on. It was mostly the 20- and 30-somethings who partied, but some of the older crowd got in on the action too.

Carnival Imagination (4 days, Key West and Cozumel) from last year was a party cruise too, but slightly less so. People got their groove on and stayed up late, but it was less intense. In ports, it was still as lively, with people staggering back to the ship at the end, and pier runners sprinting so they won't be stranded in a foreign port.

Another reason to consider Key West...no worrying about getting lost in the moment and missing the ship. It happens all the time.

I know Carnival has the reputation as a party ship but especially during college spring break time they increase the security patrolling the ship and really keep it tame since there are lots of families with small children sailing during this time as well. You may want to rethink your cruise since what you plan on doing may just land you in the brig. Partying as you describe is no longer tolerated on cruise ships. Don't get me wrong you can go and have a good time but I think you and your crowd are looking for something different.

I have been on many CCL ships during spring break during the years between 1992 and 2005 there was heavy partying on the ships ,but after CCL started marketing toward families and added age restrictions the party days were over. Besides the drinks are so expensive now and watered down a SB would go broke if they were a heavy drinker. Good luck!!!!!

Edited by Shipbound

My daughter and a lot of her friends from Texas A&M went on the five day out of New Orleans and had a great time. Went to Progresso and Cozumel. Progresso had the Corona Beach Blast going on. They all had a great time.

Honestly, as a financially challenged college student many years ago, some girl friends and I did an all-inclusive trip to Cancun. OMG ... that is the place to go, trust me on this one. It's so much cheaper and there are so many different club/babe/party opportunities you can't even compare.

I think cruises have gotten a little more family-oriented than what you are expecting.

Just my $.02. :)

Sent from my GT-P3113 using Forums mobile app

For my least year in college, some buddies and I took a 7-day cruise on Carnival Valor (to Costa Maya, Cozumel, Belize, and Grand Cayman) out of Miami with similar intentions. It was a while ago (2009), so things might have changed, but there was plenty of partying on the ship for those who were looking for it. Things did seem to die down at about 2am though.

I would agree with other posters though that the level of partying on the ships (even during spring break) is tamer than, say, going to Vegas or Cabo or something like that. We still had a really good time though, and met a lot of other people our age on the boat.

So, if you do decide on a spring break cruise, here are some tips:

1) There seemed to be plenty of Spring-Breakers cruising out of Miami when I went. Carnival Conquest, Glory, and Liberty should be doing similar cruises to the one I went in Spring 2014.

2) This is just a guess, but I would avoid cruising out of Port Canaveral for Spring Break. Disney is close by, so you may get a lot of families visiting Disney and then heading over for a cruise (Other posters, would you agree?)

3) Find a cruise that has a pub-crawl excursion at one of the ports (I know Key West has one). Almost everyone you meet on these excursions will be ready to party and have some fun.

4) As other posters have mentioned, shorter cruises tend to get more spring-breakers.

5) Bring earplugs! Sometime the hallways get noisy in the morning, and if you are partying until late at night, I'm sure you don't want to wake up at 9 or 10am to announcements over the loudspeaker or people talking loudly while walking down the hallways.

I hope that helps, and let me know if you have any specific questions.

The four weeks in March are the best spring break weeks... Any 3,4, or 5 day trip on CCL will have tons of drinking and people your age... On a spring break trip there were 350 spring breakers on the CCL Dream and they had deck parties for the spring breakers with beer pong and such...

Find a week with a lot of spring breakers and you will have plenty of fun.

Four friends of mine are planning a cruise. We plan on drinking a lot and partying hard. We don't want to be surrounded by many couples nor kids. We're looking for wild fun young people to party with. I've done my research and notice Royal Caribbean and Carnival are my best options. With that said and based off the things I've read I think I'm choosing Carnival. Which Carnival ship parties the hardest? Which ships should I stay away from? Also what time during spring break draws the largest spring break crowd? I know around easter but easter 2014 is super late next year (April 20). Most schools go on break in early March with like less than 3% going after March 30th. Suggestions please? :)

Sounds like you'd be disappointed with a cruise. For what you describe you're interested in, it sounds like you'd be more satisfied with a Florida beach or Cancun. Cancun's beach is awesome, and full of what you describe during spring break.

Cruise ship drinks are very expensive by spring break standards. And cruise ships are full of kids during spring break because that's when the kids are out of school and can go.

I have to put my 2 cents in here about a land based trip over a cruise for a group of spring breakers.

Even Carnival with its big bad reputation, are not the party hearty ships they used to be .

And as also noted the prices of drinks on board would break your average college spring breaker. I remember the drinking I did back in my spring break days and couldn't do it at ship prices .

I think an all inclusive is the way to go

LMAO...Do not go with Norwegian Cruise. Grandparents ride that ship!

I would think a party crowd have been more shorter cruises than longer ones. However, spring break might have a lot of kids no matter what you choose.

For those who understood my reply, thank you.

For those who did not, just remember, they could be on your spring break cruise one day.

....:rolleyes:

What wrong with having those people on the same cruise?

Do you really think they will ruin anybody's trip?

Four friends of mine are planning a cruise. We plan on drinking a lot and partying hard. We don't want to be surrounded by many couples nor kids. We're looking for wild fun young people to party with. I've done my research and notice Royal Caribbean and Carnival are my best options. With that said and based off the things I've read I think I'm choosing Carnival. Which Carnival ship parties the hardest? Which ships should I stay away from? Also what time during spring break draws the largest spring break crowd? I know around easter but easter 2014 is super late next year (April 20). Most schools go on break in early March with like less than 3% going after March 30th. Suggestions please? :)

Any 7 day or shorter Carnival cruise would probably work or the 3/4 day Norwegian Sky out of Miami would be OK for March, but I'd stay away from the ones that leave from Port Canaveral due to Disney World and families. Yes, I'm sure there will be spring breakers and other young folks on board, but all the cruise lines have really cracked down on spring breakers. If you all under 21 then one adult over 25 will have to be booked into the cabin with you and you also have to be 21 to drink and it noted on your sign and sail pass. Sure, couples and kids will also be on board too so if you are expecting some wild college party on board then forget that, but I'm sure the disco will be humming until late. Also, all luggage is scanned for alcohol and if caught will be confiscated and returned at the end of the cruise. Personally, I was down in Cancun in March and that really looked a place to party for spring breakers and drinking age is only 18. Just saying....

Thank you as my answer was going to be a little shorter. The one I am not on. Since I will not sail NCL your answer was much kinder!

For those who understood my reply, thank you.

For those who did not, just remember, they could be on your spring break cruise one day.

Heck, I could have recommended Oceania or Avalon Waterway Cruises, but that would have been too obvious....:rolleyes:

Depends on where you live.

The 3 and 4 day cruises out of LA tend to be more party oriented even when it's not spring break. I think you would be "safe" pretty much any time during the months you mention. But later March/early April would likely be the best times. And during the spring break window, even the 7 day cruises have a livelier atmosphere. As for places in Mexico, there is almost always a party going on in Ensenada, especially on the weekends. Cabo is also a good bet. I have a 13 bar "Cantina Crawl" mapped out for Cabo that is a blast.

If you decide where you want to leave from (closer to home is always cheaper), you can always research the ports near there and make a decision.

Bob

Thanx for the info and that video was great lol

I know Carnival has the reputation as a party ship but especially during college spring break time they increase the security patrolling the ship and really keep it tame since there are lots of families with small children sailing during this time as well. You may want to rethink your cruise since what you plan on doing may just land you in the brig. Partying as you describe is no longer tolerated on cruise ships. Don't get me wrong you can go and have a good time but I think you and your crowd are looking for something different.

I understand. This is my second cruise and I met some wild crazy people on my first one (royal caribbean).

A group of 20 somethings out to party.......I would look at Cancun or Playa del Carmen in Mexico, Key West, New Orleans or Las Vegas in the US. Or there has to be a music festival somewhere.

Partying on a cruise ship can get pretty expensive, and if your smuggled items get found, can get even more expensive than that.

People on a cruise ship is hit or miss. It is still spring break so you shouldn't be the only non geezer, non kid, but the idea that there will be bunches and bunches of the type of people you are looking for is iffy. A cruise ship is a smaller pond.

Of all the lines, Carnival is probably your best choice, and a shorter one of the those will give you the best shot at what you are looking for. I have also heard that the NCL Sky 3 and 4 day cruises can be lively.

Cheap rooms, cheap food, cheap drinks, and a load of like minded people can be found in Vegas. Just don't get stupid and piss off the cops.

Have fun in what ever you choose.

Thank you but what did you mean by smuggled items could be expensive if found. When I recently went on a cruise we had these plastic items that held alcohol but was 100% guaranteed to show up as something different on the X ray monitor.

Thank you. Those are the type of examples I need to hear. When did you go though?

Honestly, as a financially challenged college student many years ago, some girl friends and I did an all-inclusive trip to Cancun. OMG ... that is the place to go, trust me on this one. It's so much cheaper and there are so many different club/babe/party opportunities you can't even compare.

I think cruises have gotten a little more family-oriented than what you are expecting.

Just my $.02. :)

Sent from my GT-P3113 using Forums mobile app

Thank you. I'm going to consider that. I think it's about time they make a ship designated strictly for young party people. That would be extremely hazardous with possibility of high risk low reward.

For my least year in college, some buddies and I took a 7-day cruise on Carnival Valor (to Costa Maya, Cozumel, Belize, and Grand Cayman) out of Miami with similar intentions. It was a while ago (2009), so things might have changed, but there was plenty of partying on the ship for those who were looking for it. Things did seem to die down at about 2am though.

I would agree with other posters though that the level of partying on the ships (even during spring break) is tamer than, say, going to Vegas or Cabo or something like that. We still had a really good time though, and met a lot of other people our age on the boat.

So, if you do decide on a spring break cruise, here are some tips:

1) There seemed to be plenty of Spring-Breakers cruising out of Miami when I went. Carnival Conquest, Glory, and Liberty should be doing similar cruises to the one I went in Spring 2014.

2) This is just a guess, but I would avoid cruising out of Port Canaveral for Spring Break. Disney is close by, so you may get a lot of families visiting Disney and then heading over for a cruise (Other posters, would you agree?)

3) Find a cruise that has a pub-crawl excursion at one of the ports (I know Key West has one). Almost everyone you meet on these excursions will be ready to party and have some fun.

4) As other posters have mentioned, shorter cruises tend to get more spring-breakers.

5) Bring earplugs! Sometime the hallways get noisy in the morning, and if you are partying until late at night, I'm sure you don't want to wake up at 9 or 10am to announcements over the loudspeaker or people talking loudly while walking down the hallways.

I hope that helps, and let me know if you have any specific questions.

Thank you for all the tips