Oasis, June 29-July 6, more a room review

I could post about the cruise, but for the most part, our cruise was as incredible as everyone elses, so in brief:

Shows were awesome- in particular Hairspray- better than I thought it would be, moreso for DW.

Food was really great- we dined at 150, Giovannis, Vintages, and Chef's Table; other eating was at Park Cafe and the CL (and a nice shout out to the CL- they have a pretty cool lunch menu). Snacks at CL and DL. No eating at MDR or WJ.

Ship was incredible. You all know that. No, there's virtually no view of the sea outside of the Aqua Theater. But it's still incredible to us, and we just loved hanging out in Central Park.

We managed to get to know the staff a lot- not sure how. Saw Amy a TON, and talked with her a lot. Captain Patrick was all over the place, and his enthusiasm fed the crew, I think. We could do both the DL and the CL, but spent more time at the DL, since it was right in the middle of things. (FWIW, there were very few Diamond cruisers, so the reception was in the DL every evening).

So to the part that's not regularly posted- the room review.

We were in Cabin 9329, which is the farthest back Boardwalk Balcony cabin on the Ports side.

Most of the cabin questions about Boardwalk are about noise- yes, you can hear noise out there, especially when there is a show- there are 2 or 3 10:30 aqua shows, but we still managed to sleep through it. The other times there is noise- it was not too bad. One thing to note- as long as you have the door locked (handle down) the sound is very well blocked. So one can keep the sound down really well.

Location was awesome to see shows- we set the table forward to the wall, and the seat along the glass- I sat on the table, DW on the chair- and we can see the shows really really well. The only thing you kind of miss is the feeling of the height of the dives, since we were even with the 3M platform. But we felt that was ok. The other great thing- we had a great view of stuff + the sea when we ate outside for breakfast. So IMHO, the location was really great. (for the non walkers- it's ALL the way back- so I'm sure you will find a way to not like it :D ) Being on deck 9, it was close to the Park Cafe for breakfast.

In terms of the cabin specifics- Bed was right next to the balcony, mirror/couch, and the bathroom/entryway. Not a big deal for privacy- just pull the shade. Space was ok, we found space for everything- but we do pack super light- carry on only.

All in all, the experiment with the Boardwalk Balcony was a big success for us.

Thanks for posting this. We just sailed Oasis with a Central Park balcony cabin and are going to be sailing Oasis (possibly Allure) again and are hoping to do a Boardwalk balcony cabin. Your review was very helpful. Do you have an pictures by chance?

Thanks for posting! :)

Thanks for posting this. We just sailed Oasis with a Central Park balcony cabin and are going to be sailing Oasis (possibly Allure) again and are hoping to do a Boardwalk balcony cabin. Your review was very helpful. Do you have an pictures by chance?

Thanks for posting! :)

How did you like your centralpark balcony, which room?

Did you feel a lot of movement while in the cabin? I guess if you have great seas during your cruise this might not be as noticeable. How was it for your cruise?

Movement, yes, but not a lot. It took me a bit to figure it out, since the ship would have not been moving at that frequency- it was more like choppy waters for one of the smaller ships. So I think it was just the structure moving a little. Which is totally fine with me- I'd rather it move and vibrate a little vs. fracture of being too stiff.

The seas were pretty variable- sometime flat, sometimes not so much. The base movement didn't change much with that. The ship did rock a little- the wind really does catch it out.

That all being said- the actual movement is considerably less than even the Liberty we saild on last December. So don't let that bother you. I don't want to lie and say that it does not move- it's just not a lot. Our other comparitor is Aft cabins on other ships- on the Enchantment, there's constant engine vibration (which I'm personally ok with), even the Liberty aft had noise. Brilliance and Jewel had some movement, but not too bad. Oasis has tons less.

The captain mentioned how little the ship moved during Sandy, and it would have been interesting to see compared to normal water.

The cruise was totally awesome, and we hope to be back on her again, soon.

Archived