Seabourn Pride, Route of the Midnight Sun

Jane Pond

It sounds like she just didn't want to have to go get it for you. Lazy and thoughtless to tell a guest with limited mobility to go elsewhere for a mixed drink.

Otherwise, I'm enjoying your reports!

Actually I was aware that she went and asked someone, returning with the 'can't do it.' So it all worked out well in the end.

We are heading to Spitzbergen, smooth sailing and sunshine. It's midnight and bright daylight. Just saw a huge rainbow off the port side.

Finally ordered Bangers and Mashed via room service and chef replied he didn't have the right sausages. Said it was ok to use whatever he had. It was fine, but the sausages weren't the right kind. Can rest easy until I get to London.

I find that the options in the vegetarian selections are very good. Had an asparagus and tarragon mousse in a parmesan sauce which was superb. And the breadstick baker is to commended; best ver in my opinion. It's 0400 and I am tempted to call roomservice for a pizza (with extra cheese and some of the garlic shrimp from the Caesar salad offering. I like to mix and match with the room service options.

What are you doing up at 4AM? Or haven't you gone to bed yet????

The 24 hours of daylight has something to do with it. I do more napping. Internet back after 7 days of no news! The current night shift waiter is a little iffy, he rings the doorbell @ 0400 even when I ask him not too.

Speaking of food. had twice-baked Boursin cheese soufflé for starter. I prefer it or the Gruyere version. Not a fan of goat cheese. Chef's dinner tonight with white tomato soup...sigh. Am loving the tasty veg options.

• 2 weeks later...

Headed back to Copenhagen. Sea Day, packing, Galley Market Lunch. I think the Wifi worked well (@no charge) and I also took advantage of the free laundry. I liked the prices in the Boutique, more reasonable for me than the last time, I had some great services in the Spa but did not get the 'free' back rub. BBC's and Sean Smith were both great. Food was the low point for me. Entrees looked like jumbled messes, things all piled up with the ubiquitous dried herbs sticking off the top. On to London. And Bangers and Mash.

Headed back to Copenhagen. Sea Day, packing, Galley Market Lunch. I think the Wifi worked well (@no charge) and I also took advantage of the free laundry. I liked the prices in the Boutique, more reasonable for me than the last time, I had some great services in the Spa but did not get the 'free' back rub. BBC's and Sean Smith were both great. Food was the low point for me. Entrees looked like jumbled messes, things all piled up with the ubiquitous dried herbs sticking off the top. On to London. And Bangers and Mash.

Jane thank you for your insights into your voyage and I hope you are feeling better. I have appreciated your comments and insights since I first started reading this board.

Glad to read you managed to find some good prices in the boutique ....my husband was rather pleased as he found a jacket he liked at a good price as well.

Julie

Archived