Seabourn Pride, Route of the Midnight Sun

Jane Pond

Today we are in Svolaer (9/7) and it is raining cats and dogs. Captain Erik Saabye did advise us to do the weather dance. Guess it didn't work. Other Officers are:

Staff Captain: Kai Odegard

Chief Engineer: David O'Hara

Hotel Director Manfred Jordan

Maitre d'Hotel: Richard Maier

Doctor: Roeliito Mendoza

Chief Purser: Leanne StClair

Chef d'Cuisine: Jeremy Paskins

Executive Housekeeper: Linda Duvenhage

Cruise Director: Jan Stearman

Travel Manager: Carol Frey

Cruise Consultant: Warren Van Zyl

182 passengers: Australia 31, UK 13, Denmark 5 US 94, and others

Please say hello to all, Jane, and tell Carol Frey I will bring her her favorite treat if she promises to be on the final crossing next year!

I hope the rain disappears before Bergen.

Winnie

Today we are in Svolaer (9/7) and it is raining cats and dogs. Captain Erik Saabye did advise us to do the weather dance. Guess it didn't work. Other Officers are:

Staff Captain: Kai Odegard

Chief Engineer: David O'Hara

Hotel Director Manfred Jordan

Maitre d'Hotel: Richard Maier

Doctor: Roeliito Mendoza

Chief Purser: Leanne StClair

Chef d'Cuisine: Jeremy Paskins

Executive Housekeeper: Linda Duvenhage

Cruise Director: Jan Stearman

Travel Manager: Carol Frey

Cruise Consultant: Warren Van Zyl

182 passengers: Australia 31, UK 13, Denmark 5 US 94, and others

Do you know if the Captain will be the same in September?

I am making notes for messages to be passed on. Have been sequestered in my suite because of my health (fatigue) and limited mobility. But am planning my curry luncheon. And have met some previous sailors with whom I have cruised.

Just missed the troll, passing through the Troll Fjord.

There was a wine tasting yesterday. I did not attend, but here are the selections:

Meursault, Burgundy, France 2007

Baron de "L", Loire Valley, France 2006

Hanzell Pinot Noire, Sonoma Valley, USA, 2006

Tignanello. Tuscany, Italy, 2009

Caymus Special Selection, Napa Valley, USA, 2009

Cost $75.00 Linda Hamburger, Sommelier; Mihailo Miloradovic, Asst Sommelier

when our travel agent sent us the grand announcement from Windstar. Here's the blurb:

Meet Star Pride, Windstar Cruises' beautiful new all-suite yacht.

This feels like your own private yacht. You know it the moment you step on board. Windstar's new Star Pride is exactly the right size - large enough to pamper and entertain you, yet small enough to tuck into the tiny harbors and hidden coves others can't reach. Casual elegance pervades everything, from the warm, welcoming ambiance to the luxury of your beautiful suite. And with only 212 guests cruising with you, each moment is all about you. Yours to enjoy. Yours to explore.

Discover Windstar Cruises' new Star Pride 2014 Voyage Collection now, including the all new Grand Prix of Monaco voyage.

Jane

Thank you for posting! Sorry you aren't feeling 'up to par. For a cool relaxing drink try Ginger ale, orange slices and mint. I keep oranges & mint in my suite ~also Ritz crackers. Hope you feel better real soon :p

Is Sean Smit at the Sky Bar? If so, please give him a big hug ~also tell Kai and Jan I surely hope to sail with them soon. Ask Jan to tell you the story of her Sunday morning church service in the card room and of me breaking down crying......it will make you laugh and laugh! Laughter is good for our souls:D

Again, thank you for sharing your "Queen Pride" cruise news!

Martita B.

So glad to hear they're there...she is soooo beautiful - and talented - and nice! They will know us (maybe) as Bonnie & Lynden who were with Peter & Lesley & closed the place down almost every night for 30 days (and lived to tell about it!) Hugs to both. I certainly hope they will go to another ship when the Pride goes over to the dark side.

Feel well & enjoy!

Jane - Keep up the hard work out there! Remember - someone has to be in charge.

Will you be able to do a tour with the chef on this trip? I do enjoy those - learn a lot and the triplet ones are small enough to actually hear what they're saying.

Keep the cheffy on his toes (or is that toque?) :D.

I have not asked about the shopping with the Chef. too much walking. I have done it other times. However, I would like to speak with the Chef. I asked the restaurant Manager,Richard Maier, several days ago if the Chef could do 'Bangers and Mash'. I understand he is British and it's my favorite pub g rub. No answer. Chef appeared in MDR last night and spoke with every table (almost) but ours. Waitstaff wouldn't even ask him to come over.I find the DR staff curiously indifferent, albeit polite. I am planning my curry lunch, however. Sun and Blue skies all day today, all 24 hours of sunlight.

>"Had a BBC after dinner in honor of National Pina Colada Day.

__________________"

The sommelier told me I couldn't order a mixed drink in the MDR. I had to go to the Sky Bar or Club. I told her on the Legend I had a BBC almost every night for dessert. She replied "Give me 5 minutes." Et voila!"

>The sommelier told me I couldn't order a mixed drink in the MDR. I had to go to the Sky Bar or Club. I told her on the Legend I had a BBC almost every night for dessert. She replied "Give me 5 minutes." Et voila!"

It sounds like she just didn't want to have to go get it for you. Lazy and thoughtless to tell a guest with limited mobility to go elsewhere for a mixed drink.

Otherwise, I'm enjoying your reports!

Archived