Vision of the Seas February, 15, 2014

Disco Duck

We are taking the Vision of the Seas in February, 2014. We are leaving the day before and the ship picks up everyone in Colon, Panama. Can someone recommend what we should do for a hotel/what town to stay/transportation?

• 4 weeks later...

We just had to change our Vision of the Seas, 2/15/2014 cruise because RC has changed it to a Spanish speaking cruise. All entertainment will be in Spanish so if you don't speak Spanish, or can't learn quick enough, you might want to change your cruise. RC is very vague about what has happened here other than the majority of the ship is now people from Brazil. They called me. They made it seem like there was no big deal. Then when I said there was a big deal, they said they could change the itinerary. I explained that this is not an itinerary change when it has to do with what language you will be listening to all the time.:eek::mad:

I think I would change to a cruise that does the Panama Canal and leaves from Miami or Fort Lauderdale going thru the canal or in & out and back to FL. Why spend the extra $$ to fly to Panama? What are the ports you had planned on with Vision of the Seas? There are other ships that go to these ports too.

Thank you for your reply. I was just trying to let everyone know that if you don't speak Spanish, this cruise is not for you. I have picked another one leaving out of Puerto Rico on the Jewel of the Seas. We did not want to go through the canal (already did that one before).

Edited by Disco Duck

• 4 months later...

Thank you for contacting me. Unfortunately, I was told that everything will be in Spanish. Entertainment, announcements, everything. They did try to make it sound like it wasn't a big deal until I started asking more and more questions. They said they have the right to change the itinerary and I told them changing to go to a different island is their right, not a different language. That is why we had to cancel and it did end up costing me (which I didn't think was the right way for them to do it) but we are now leaving out of Puerto Rico. I would have cancelled completely but I have to eat Gluten Free and RC really takes very good care of that. I hope you enjoy your trip. I really wanted to do that one.

I hope this helps, this is right from RC website.

These itineraries are popular with guests from the region who represent a majority onboard and are staffed with a higher number of crew members from the region as well. Local customs, practices and languages will predominate on the ship, but English will always be spoken by our staff and crew. Be immersed in another culture while enjoying Royal Caribbean’s signature service, comfort and amenities, for a unique cruise vacation.

We are thinking about the April 5th, 2014 cruise.

We think it will be fun. We are also tired of the same ports in the Caribbean.