Sheraton Old San Juan - Minimum night stay 2 nights???

Cruise Gopher

• 2 weeks later...
I was trying to book the Sheraton Old San Juan for the night of December 13th, 2013 for our cruise but it appears that they enforce a two night min stay. Is there any way to get around this? I.e. call the hotel directly to book?

We would really like to stay there but we won't be in San Juan for two nights pre cruise.

Hi,

I just booked there for Sept 28th,, we are cruising on the 29th,,,, Maybe because I booked our return hotel with them as well,, maybe that is the trick...

It appears that, for a stay on any Friday or Saturday night in January, you need to have a minimum 2 night stay. If you were looking for any other nights, it is a 1 night stay.

Sorry that Sheraton lost you as a customer, but hotels do sometimes put in place minimum stay requirements. Seeing how that is high season there, they will still be full without you...

We are on the same cruise!! We'll be easy to spot -- probably the only ones with children - and children who look nothing like us for that matter. We rented an apartment in Caleta64 for four nights, planning on checking out OSJ with our kiddos. Excited!

If you're looking for something fun to do there's a very good children's museum In Carolina (Museo Del Niño). It's about a 15-20 minutes ride from OSJ. Taxis should be able to get you there ok. Buses out of OSJ take off often but the ones that go to Carolina take too long in between trips. If renting a car drive as if going to the airport, go past it and then get off when you see the first overpass. Keep left, go under the overpass and exit right. Keep straight and after about 5 minutes you'll see the museum to your left. On the expressway yo will also see brown and white signs with the "Museo del Niño (museum)" name and directions. Admission is $10 for adults, $5 for children. Go karts are extra.

Have fun!!

Anyone know why the Sheraton OSJ is offering a $99 rate on that type of premium location ?? Is there something going on there that would not be desirable to stay there ?? I know it is a prepaid rate but OMG for $99 you can beat it. Just asking. Maybe shouldn't look a gift horse in the mouth...but if anyone knows anything please respond.

Anyone know why the Sheraton OSJ is offering a $99 rate on that type of premium location ?? Is there something going on there that would not be desirable to stay there ?? I know it is a prepaid rate but OMG for $99 you can beat it. Just asking. Maybe shouldn't look a gift horse in the mouth...but if anyone knows anything please respond.

Where are you seeing this rate offered and for what dates?

It is on the Sheraton /Starwood website...still there as of approx 1:00pm on 9/19. It is also on Hotwire and Priceline and a straight no bidding or guessing purchase.

This is a non-refundable rate though and it is limited to a certain time frame ....which I have no idea what that is. My date was for a post cruise stay on November 3rd for 1 night.

Edited by mrgoalie
additional info

It is on the Sheraton /Starwood website...still there as of approx 1:00pm on 9/19. It is also on Hotwire and Priceline and a straight no bidding or guessing purchase.

This is a non-refundable rate though and it is limited to a certain time frame ....which I have no idea what that is. My date was for a post cruise stay on November 3rd for 1 night.

If I could get that rate for my precruise January I'd rent in a heartbeat even being non refundable. Unfortunately they want the 2 night minimum for my stay at the cheapest rate of $279 a night and I need 2 rooms :eek:

• 2 weeks later...
Where are you finding these rates? Please post the name of the site. Thanks

That specific rate for that specific date are on the Starwood sites (starwoodhotels, spg, sheraton...)

But, if you look for 11/2, the hotel is not available. A one-day sample for a specific date will not indicate a price for another date...

• 9 months later...

I know this thread is from last year, but I just wanted to update everyone as far as my own experience w/Sheraton OSJ. We are sailing on Carnival Valor 2/8/2015, and I initially wanted to stay at this hotel for 1 night pre- and post-cruise. All websites were showing this hotel as unavailable for 2/7/2015 (Saturday night only), but if I changed the dates to 2 nights - with one of those nights being 2/7/2015 - the room was suddenly available for booking.

However, I was able to book a single night for 2/15/2015 (a Sunday) without any problems. So, it works out well for our post-cruise stay.

We simply booked a different, cheaper hotel in OSJ for the night of 2/7/2015... this gives us some peace of mind in case our flights to San Juan are delayed to weather, etc. (and we somehow don't make it in that day as scheduled), as we won't be out a ton of $$$ for being a no-show.

Edited by RobertsonCruisoe
typo

I know this thread is from last year, but I just wanted to update everyone as far as my own experience w/Sheraton OSJ. We are sailing on Carnival Valor 2/8/2015, and I initially wanted to stay at this hotel for 1 night pre- and post-cruise. All websites were showing this hotel as unavailable for 2/7/2015 (Saturday night only), but if I changed the dates to 2 nights - with one of those nights being 2/7/2015 - the room was suddenly available for booking.

However, I was able to book a single night for 2/15/2015 (a Sunday) without any problems. So, it works out well for our post-cruise stay.

We simply booked a different, cheaper hotel in OSJ for the night of 2/7/2015... this gives us some peace of mind in case our flights to San Juan are delayed to weather, etc. (and we somehow don't make it in that day as scheduled), as we won't be out a ton of $$$ for being a no-show.

Robertson-

Thanks for posting your information. I'll be on Adventure of the Seas next May 2015, and all of this is great for me to know. It seems as though the Sheraton OSJ is a popular hotel, and I'm going to look into it for a pre-cruise stay.

Robertson-

Thanks for posting your information. I'll be on Adventure of the Seas next May 2015, and all of this is great for me to know. It seems as though the Sheraton OSJ is a popular hotel, and I'm going to look into it for a pre-cruise stay.

Most likely they want the weekends to be 2 night minimums since most people come in for the cruises. Sundays aren't a popular night since most cruisers head home so they probably will take the one night.

The location makes it popular and expensive.

We booked a single night (Saturday, 11/8/14) pre-cruise on priceline, then later booked a single night post-cruise (Sunday, 11/16,14) ... also on Priceline.

I was able to book one night on Jet Blue for Friday, 10/31 but now its at a 2 night minimum on all the online booking sites. Good catch for the one night precruise. It would be nice if they were consistent.

• 2 weeks later...

We are cruising in September, 2014 and I was able to book the Sheraton OSJ for one night through Expedia. The Sheraton website and their phone reservation system require 2 night minimum. After a few months, Expedia did not offer one night anymore.

Check other travel websites if you can't book through the hotel's website/phone line.

I had the same issue with the 2 night min for this hotel when I was originally booking my trip months ago. Since we are only staying 1 night pre-cruise I originally booked with Caribe Hilton through Expedia. I just happened to be looking yesterday at hotels on Expedia and it popped up as being able to book it. I called Expedia as that is who my reservations for hotel and flights are through and they told me that the hotel is full and I can't change. I then got online for the hotel and saw that I could book it direct through Sheraton. I called the toll free number and booked our room for Saturday, Nov 1, 2014. I called Expedia back and cancelled the Hilton hotel as I have a no fee to cancel with them. I am soooo happy we snagged this hotel. I just think you have to keep looking and when you see it, call them direct and get the room. I looked up prices and everything before I called. They tried to give me a higher price and I told them what I saw on their website and he surprisingly found that rate and I got it for that price.:D