Oasis Of The Seas - 7Two Monday 7:30pm

Subject to late program changes, 7Two will be showing an episode of Mighty Ships tomorrow (Monday) evening at 7:30pm. This week, it's Oasis Of The Seas. Even though I've seen this episode before, I can't wait to see it again.

I must remember to watch it though it's NOT the type of cruising that appeals to me as I like to feel like I'm actually at sea!

It's like my new motor vehicle - an automatic! I love to DRIVE so I'm not all that keen on the automatic gearbox!

Still, if it was cruise on the Oasis or not cruise at all then I'd go! :D

Subject to late program changes, 7Two will be showing an episode of Mighty Ships tomorrow (Monday) evening at 7:30pm.

Ha... yes, Channel 7 just changed times of the Mole on the same day last week, so you never know when something will show until it's actually on.

I love this show and would love to sail on Oasis!

Great show! My thoughts were that for a ship this size it would take much longer than 1 week to discover all it has to offer!

I know often it's the second to last day of a longer cruise before I find the BEST bar or lounge on a ship then wish that the cruise was just beginning! Just imagine how many places there would be to check out on the Oasis!

I was interested to see that the "Royal Promenade" appears to be open to the sky. I wonder what happens when it rains?? Watching this programme, I heard faint echoes coming from Voyager of the Seas. Oasis is much larger, but the two ships are obviously part of the same family :)

Barry

I was interested to see that the "Royal Promenade" appears to be open to the sky. I wonder what happens when it rains?? Watching this programme, I heard faint echoes coming from Voyager of the Seas. Oasis is much larger, but the two ships are obviously part of the same family :)

Barry

Same family (Royal Caribbean) but different class.

We loved Liberty which is a Freedom class. It was only on sea days that you had any concept it has lots of pax but the solarium area (adults only) was great. Always a chair to be had.

I've recorded this and will watch it tonight.

I was interested to see that the "Royal Promenade" appears to be open to the sky. I wonder what happens when it rains??

Not really - only at the back.

It's fully covered from above. Here's a picture for an idea.

http://vintage.johnnyjet.com/photos/Oasis-of-The-Seas-2009-416.jpg

Watching this programme, I heard faint echoes coming from Voyager of the Seas. Oasis is much larger, but the two ships are obviously part of the same family :)

Barry

Yes, their Promenades were carried through from all ships from the Voyager class on.

Do you still have the link to that video, would be interesting to see it?

No but I will have a look for the link. There was a link on Cruise Critic a short while after the Costa Concordia incident. People were speculating how long it would take the the 7,500 (approx) people on the Oasis would be evacuated.

Ok. I've now seen it. I'm not sure it's for me. I like being on ships that also look great. But this reminds me of a bulk live export container. Probably a tad harsh but I don't like the structure.

Ok. I've now seen it. I'm not sure it's for me. I like being on ships that also look great. But this reminds me of a bulk live export container. Probably a tad harsh but I don't like the structure.

I tend to agree. It is not as beautiful as say Radiance, but at least it doesn't have that flat back, that some other lines have, that look like a housing commission block.

Well, you get a lot more activities onboard than a bulk carrier...

Depends why you cruise though. More suited to an active/fun cruise holiday than a traditional sightseeing one.

Well, you get a lot more activities onboard than a bulk carrier...

Depends why you cruise though. More suited to an active/fun cruise holiday than a traditional sightseeing one.

Yes and I think it depends how you travel. When I go with my partner we go for the ports as he's not a fan of too many sea days and what might be manufactured fun. We don't even bother with shows as our holidays are a break from a hectic work life. I also like being onboard ships for the Sea days so activities are good.

Yes and I think it depends how you travel. When I go with my partner we go for the ports as he's not a fan of too many sea days and what might be manufactured fun. We don't even bother with shows as our holidays are a break from a hectic work life. I also like being onboard ships for the Sea days so activities are good.

OMG! Did you notice just how much luggage every one was bringing with them!

Just how much do you need for 7 days!

I took a "virgin" cruiser with me last cruise for 12 days to the South Pacific. She just had one carry-on! I was very impressed! Mind you, when she left with all her purchases, she had stacks to take off with her!

I usually take one mid-size case with a small carry on for all my personal stuff! Works OK for me!

Archived