need help planning DIY land itinerary for 8 days and nights on the Kenai Peninsula

allisons

I just want to comment on AKman2495's description of the Kenai Peninsula. He is correct in his descriptions of those communities. The major reason for folks to go to the Kenai Pen. is to go fishing. Since the OP in another thread described Fairbanks as having "nothing good to do there" they will not find many of these communities appealing. They may like Homer, but they won't find enough to do there to occupy eight days.

And while they may enjoy the drive into Valdez over Thompson Pass, people go to Valdez to either take a day cruise to either Columbia or Meares Glacier, or, dare I say it, go fishing (both sport and commercial). When there is a large (for Valdez) fish processing plant right downtown, that tells you that fishing is major operation there.

And Allison: Given your comments on the hotels where you stayed this summer I suspect that you may be stuck with an RV since there will be few hotels you will like. The condos associated with the Lands Inn Resort in Homer are a possibility, but we were just in Valdez earlier this month and I doubt you will be satisfied with the hotel options there.

A possibility for you to consider is driving to Valdez, and then scheduling the Alaska State Marine Highway (ie, ferry) from Valdez to Whittier. Then proceed to Homer for two days, or if you want to return to Denali, then either spend a night in Girdwood or head north directly.

Thank you so much! That is very helpful! I really appreciate it! That sounds like a very good idea for an itinerary, you've given me a big head start!

we kept meals easy ... oatmeal or toast for b'fast, soup & sandwich for lunch, and spaghetti/pasta prima vera for dinner or meat/potatoes/veg.

Given your high-end requirements, I think a car and hotel would probably work best. I don't see you being happy with the little RV shower or the bed.

For bear viewing, consider an overnight stay at Silver Salmon Creek or Homestead Lodge. The cost is higher than a day trip but you get soooo much more viewing time since you're there for a day plus the following morning as well.

The Kenai Peninsula is definitely an outdoor mecca. Spending 8 days there will be a stretch unless you like fishing, hanging out and general Rving.

As for gourmet meals...those will be few and far between. There are a few nice restaurants but mostly you will find basic food at a gourmet price. And don't worry if your clothes get wrinkled in the duffle bag. If you are all dressed up you just stick out as a tourist. ;)

Homer is a fun place to check out and can be done in 2 days EASILY. The Homestead Restaurant has excellent food and an awesome view from the hilltop but you will pay for it. When we took my parents there last summer for their 50th Anniversary we spent about $500 for the four of us.

Ninilchik is an old Russian village with interesting history and worthy of a day.

Hope is another town that would make a nice day trip.

The drive down from Anchorage is very pretty but when going thru Turnigain Arm heed the signs and DO NOT walk out onto the mud flats when the tide is out. The tide is wicked fast and the ground is just like quicksand. Many lives have been lost and emergency services are not quick in coming, as in most places in Alaska.

we kept meals easy ... oatmeal or toast for b'fast, soup & sandwich for lunch, and spaghetti/pasta prima vera for dinner or meat/potatoes/veg.

Given your high-end requirements, I think a car and hotel would probably work best. I don't see you being happy with the little RV shower or the bed.

For bear viewing, consider an overnight stay at Silver Salmon Creek or Homestead Lodge. The cost is higher than a day trip but you get soooo much more viewing time since you're there for a day plus the following morning as well.

Hmm . . . Maybe we would be better of with a car and hotel. I hadn't thought about the bathroom and beds being inadequate. Now I'm worried about that.

I don't know about an overnight bear trip. My husband raised an eyebrow at the cost of a day trip. He totally balked at the notion and expense of an overnight trip. We'll see . . .

The Kenai Peninsula is definitely an outdoor mecca. Spending 8 days there will be a stretch unless you like fishing, hanging out and general Rving.

As for gourmet meals...those will be few and far between. There are a few nice restaurants but mostly you will find basic food at a gourmet price. And don't worry if your clothes get wrinkled in the duffle bag. If you are all dressed up you just stick out as a tourist. ;)

Homer is a fun place to check out and can be done in 2 days EASILY. The Homestead Restaurant has excellent food and an awesome view from the hilltop but you will pay for it. When we took my parents there last summer for their 50th Anniversary we spent about $500 for the four of us.

Ninilchik is an old Russian village with interesting history and worthy of a day.

Hope is another town that would make a nice day trip.

The drive down from Anchorage is very pretty but when going thru Turnigain Arm heed the signs and DO NOT walk out onto the mud flats when the tide is out. The tide is wicked fast and the ground is just like quicksand. Many lives have been lost and emergency services are not quick in coming, as in most places in Alaska.

Thank you so much! This is so helpful! I really appreciate it! You've contributed many good ideas to our itinerary!

We're not worried about our clothes getting wrinkled. We just don't own duffle bags, so we'll have to buy them. And it doesn't seem like an ideal way to pack. It doesn't seem as organized as a suitcase.

We'll definitely check out the Homestead Restaurant. We're foodies. We don't mind spending a lot for food if it's worth it. I'll look into it.

We'll look into Ninilchik and Hope for day trips. Are they day trips from Homer? If not, where would we be staying when we visited them? I'll look up the driving times.

Don't worry. We definitely know not to walk out onto the mud flats. The guides on the train gave stern warnings about them. So sad that people die like that.

Ninilchik is about a 45 min drive north from Homer. Hope is south of Anchorage about 90+ minutes.

If you are going to be staying in hotels don't worry about duffel bags. The person recommended that because they would fit better in an rv. Storing regular suitcases in a small coach can be difficult but traveling anywhere else will be much easier with conventional luggage.

http://acabinbythepond.com/drivefromanchorage.html has some good ideas traveling from Anchorage to Soldotna. Once you get to Soldotna, Homer is about another two hours, depending on the number of motorhomes on the road and how many stops you need to make. There will be a few great pull-offs to get pictures. Stop at the area above Homer before the highway drops down. The views of the Bay and mountains across the Inlet are amazing. (And pray for a clear day!)

The Homestead is a WONDERFUL place to eat. I would recommend that over the Chart Room at Lands End Resort, which IMHO is just so-so, but the views are awesome. The Homestead has wonderful views as well, just not from all tables. Reservations might not be a bad idea either. http://homesteadrestaurant.net/

Ninilchik is about a 45 min drive north from Homer. Hope is south of Anchorage about 90+ minutes.

If you are going to be staying in hotels don't worry about duffel bags. The person recommended that because they would fit better in an rv. Storing regular suitcases in a small coach can be difficult but traveling anywhere else will be much easier with conventional luggage.

http://acabinbythepond.com/drivefromanchorage.html has some good ideas traveling from Anchorage to Soldotna. Once you get to Soldotna, Homer is about another two hours, depending on the number of motorhomes on the road and how many stops you need to make. There will be a few great pull-offs to get pictures. Stop at the area above Homer before the highway drops down. The views of the Bay and mountains across the Inlet are amazing. (And pray for a clear day!)

The Homestead is a WONDERFUL place to eat. I would recommend that over the Chart Room at Lands End Resort, which IMHO is just so-so, but the views are awesome. The Homestead has wonderful views as well, just not from all tables. Reservations might not be a bad idea either. http://homesteadrestaurant.net/

Thank you so much! Very helpful! Much appreciated! Great info!

I think we're still leaning towards the RV. I will look into duffel bags. I'll check at the Samsonite outlet this weekend. Is it okay if they're the rolling kind?

Thank you for the link! That will come in handy. We'll surely pull off and get pictures. We kept stopping on the road while driving and took ~3,000 pictures during our trip.

We'll definitely make reservations for The Homestead. It sounds great. I looked at the website and the menu and it looks good. And it's not that expensive after all.

A rolling duffel will be easier to cart around and as long as it is soft sided and 'smooshy' to be able to stuff into places, the wheels shouldn't be a problem when it comes to storing them in the rv.

The Homestead prices aren't too bad but by the time you add pre dinner cocktails, appetizers, wine with dinner and dessert it WILL add up. Of course it was a celebration evening for us so we didn't economize in any way! No matter what, you will enjoy the meal.

A rolling duffel will be easier to cart around and as long as it is soft sided and 'smooshy' to be able to stuff into places, the wheels shouldn't be a problem when it comes to storing them in the rv.

The Homestead prices aren't too bad but by the time you add pre dinner cocktails, appetizers, wine with dinner and dessert it WILL add up. Of course it was a celebration evening for us so we didn't economize in any way! No matter what, you will enjoy the meal.

Perfect! Thanks again! I'll see what I can find at Samsonite! I love shopping for Alaska!

Very excited to eat at The Homestead! YUM!!!!!

When I'm in Alaska or some other fine place I'm off duty. Completely. I have time to cook breakfasts & dinners (we eat 2 meals a day). Love waking up to my coffee & then making a country breakfast. Dinners are soups, stews & pan fried meats, fish. DH won't eat green foods. Being in an RV is like being in your own boat. Got to be organized.

Your try out weekend will answer much. You may live RV. Or not. For me it is fun. I don't pay to see bears. I watch them over my coffee cup.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

I don't understand why you need a duffle bag for an RV. Before you start buying stuff, check out some RVs at a dealer and get familiar with the layout. And look at the floorplans/photos on the GAH web site.

Regardless of the RV size there should be a closet plus several overhead cupboards above the dinette and/or couch. We were 3 adults in the smallest RV, a 22 ft ... we each had a suitcase plus 1 daypack and had no problems storing our clothing. We hung our jackets in the closet and put our suitcases in the bottom of the closet.

I'm quite happy to do my bear viewing at Denali and the Wildlife Conservation Center.

http://homeralaska.org/visit-homer/recreation-adventure/bear-viewing

As someone who owns a 34 foot motor home and also a 36 foot travel trailer with 2 slideouts, if you are going to spend most of your time in Homer and do day trips from there, I sure wouldn't get an RV. Just too many places that I personally think would be restrictive driving your RV to in the area. There are only a couple of RV places in Homer. The one on the South end of the Spit has the best views. BUT it is sure not fancy by any stretch of the imagination. And if you are used to nice hotels and nice restaurants, you may be VERY unhappy in an RV. You made the comment about dragging suitcases in and out of hotels. If you are going to get an RV, you will have to set it up each and every day because you will need it for transport during the day. THAT is more hassle than dragging suitcases in and out of hotels. You need to really consider if setting up the RV EVERY DAY (sewer hose, water hose and electricity, MAYBE putting down the jacks, parking in and out of an possibly TIGHT RV park) is going to be to your liking. JMHO

There is very limited parking on the Homer Spit, particularly if you go during a busy time like a holiday or when the fish start coming in. So what you are going to do in the daytime with the RV should be your biggest consideration after you decide whether RV'ing is for you.

Around Ninilchik, the roads are rather narrow and some are dirt. IF you don't have a lot of experience driving an RV on small roads, it may be a hassle. One of my favorite things to do in the Homer area is drive out East End Rd to Fritz Creek Grocery, have lunch, hang out with all the 1960's hippies that are there (I feel right at home-this is the closest I will ever get to 1968 Haight Asbury again) and then keep driving out East End Rd for the gorgeous views. But again, the road is rather narrow, some steep drop offs and an RV may be a larger vehicle than a lot of people are comfortable with driving.

If it was my vacation (and reading between the lines in your posts), I would take the rental car and stay in hotels/B & B's/condos. From your posts, you don't seem to be the kind of person that will just pull off the road at some out of the way spot, set up camp and be able to enjoy yourself. You even mentioned your husband didn't want to get lawn chairs. Where are you going to sit??? Stay in your RV??? That isn't any fun. Sitting outside, grilling some fresh caught fish and and enjoying the peace and solitude is what RV'ing in Alaska is all about as well as very useful for fishing. But you don't want to go fishing either, so again, I just think the rental car and hotels are going to be much more to your liking. JMHO

Class C RVs have STORAGE under the bed and under the interior floor, all accessed from outside. We had 3 people on our 18 day trip with several regular suitcases which we stored easily underneath. So I wouldn't go buying special duffle bags!!!

Our RV had a very comfy queen BED in back (dinette slideout). There is a floorplan with a double bed in 1 corner of back, which would not suit Mike & me since we have a king at home.

For 17 nights we stayed in a campground, where there were SHOWERS in the community bathrooms. Only nights not in a campground was the 1st night at Winnebago factory and last night in Great Alaskan's parking lot. Basically we used the shower stall on RV for storage of staples, cans, drinks etc...

RV POTTY worked great. Rental company provided all the chemicals for the holding tank. We have a houseboat & we don't put toilet tissue in our marine toilets, so we used a food store plastic bag in the bathroom wastebasket for tissue & discarded it every other day. Never an odor problem at all. If we stopped somewhere to eat, get gas, see a museum, etc. then usually we would use their toilets.

RV came with a TV & DVD player. In kitchen I primarily used paper plates/bowls during day and sometimes at night I would use the dishes provided in the RV, especially if we grilled a steak or chicken breast pieces.

We rented the LAWN CHAIRS & GRILL used them nearly every day. Most campground sites have a picnic table, but the bag chair was more comfy. Instead of renting from GAH, you could just stop at a WalMart or similar (can't remember name) & buy a couple bag chairs or cheap alum folding chairs.

Review your planned itinerary with Great Alaskan to find out which roads/places they would not allow you to drive on -- they do have some restrictions.

We had a real problem finding a spot to park the RV in Deadwood and didn't stop to walk around. Most of the other towns from Iowa through SD, WY, CO & Montana had RV parking lots in the touristy areas.

The COOKWARE wasn't that bad -- everything brand new for our trip bringing the RV to Anchorage. No matter where we go (timeshare or condo etc) I always take a small non-stick skillet for frying & scrambling eggs & my own spatula! Just my habit -- I know just how eggs will turn out in my own skillet. Friends & family laugh at me sometimes!!!

We started out life as car campers. Do I need to say more?

I've never rented an RV from a commercial company as friends or family always have one to share or is willing to trade something for the use of the RV. We go as small as possible for our own level of happiness.

I also have my own skillet and spatula. I understand that.

I spoke about an hour ago to a family (very) elder who has owned all sorts of RV's and I think was there when they were invented. We had a good laugh about the old days when luxury was not an RV benefit, but in those days we had a great deal of (cheap) fun.

I've never lived in luxury and in fact for over 17 years cooked in a kitchen with a 2 burner stove and an oven that was very old and weak natured. I did fine.

One huge part of visiting Alaska is that most of us can find a life style that suits us pretty well. What suits me and my family likely doesn't please the next person. All well and good.

I hope it stays that way.

When I wrote my last post, I directed it to Allisons because they are not positive whether to do RV or hotels -- plus I was responding to comments of others, some who were negative about the RV. And on top of all that, I forgot to mention you, PennyAgain!!! Sorry about that!! If you haven't rented one in Alaska, it's something you would enjoy. Their rental units are comfy but certainly not luxurious.

Those RVs being rented out now are new ones that arrived in AK in late May & early June by people like us -- OR some may be 1 year old. The company is both sales & rentals and were amazing to work with!! On their website, check out the "Spring Program" -- that's what we did.

[quote name='PennyAgain']When I'm in Alaska or some other fine place I'm off duty. Completely. I have time to cook breakfasts & dinners (we eat 2 meals a day). Love waking up to my coffee & then making a country breakfast. Dinners are soups, stews & pan fried meats, fish. DH won't eat green foods. Being in an RV is like being in your own boat. Got to be organized.
Your try out weekend will answer much. You may live RV. Or not. For me it is fun. I don't pay to see bears. I watch them over my coffee cup.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I'm really unsure whether I'll like it or not. Hmm . . .

[quote name='mapleleaves']I don't understand why you need a duffle bag for an RV. Before you start buying stuff, check out some RVs at a dealer and get familiar with the layout. And look at the floorplans/photos on the GAH web site.
Regardless of the RV size there should be a closet plus several overhead cupboards above the dinette and/or couch. We were 3 adults in the smallest RV, a 22 ft ... we each had a suitcase plus 1 daypack and had no problems storing our clothing. We hung our jackets in the closet and put our suitcases in the bottom of the closet.
I'm quite happy to do my bear viewing at Denali and the Wildlife Conservation Center.
[url]http://homeralaska.org/visit-homer/recreation-adventure/bear-viewing[/url][/QUOTE]

Thank you! That's helpful! We're also looking at the 22-foot RV. Our small suitcases nest inside of our big suitcases, so we'll just have to stash two 26" upright suitcases.

[quote name='geekypenguin']We stayed at the Good Karma Inn in Homer and absolutely loved it. I'd go back again in a heartbeat. The views were amazing and the rooms were nicely appointed.[/QUOTE]

Ooh! Thank you! That's great to hear! I'll check it out!

[quote name='greatam']As someone who owns a 34 foot motor home and also a 36 foot travel trailer with 2 slideouts, if you are going to spend most of your time in Homer and do day trips from there, I sure wouldn't get an RV. Just too many places that I personally think would be restrictive driving your RV to in the area. There are only a couple of RV places in Homer. The one on the South end of the Spit has the best views. BUT it is sure not fancy by any stretch of the imagination. And if you are used to nice hotels and nice restaurants, you may be VERY unhappy in an RV. You made the comment about dragging suitcases in and out of hotels. If you are going to get an RV, you will have to set it up each and every day because you will need it for transport during the day. THAT is more hassle than dragging suitcases in and out of hotels. You need to really consider if setting up the RV EVERY DAY (sewer hose, water hose and electricity, MAYBE putting down the jacks, parking in and out of an possibly TIGHT RV park) is going to be to your liking. JMHO

There is very limited parking on the Homer Spit, particularly if you go during a busy time like a holiday or when the fish start coming in. So what you are going to do in the daytime with the RV should be your biggest consideration after you decide whether RV'ing is for you.

Around Ninilchik, the roads are rather narrow and some are dirt. IF you don't have a lot of experience driving an RV on small roads, it may be a hassle. One of my favorite things to do in the Homer area is drive out East End Rd to Fritz Creek Grocery, have lunch, hang out with all the 1960's hippies that are there (I feel right at home-this is the closest I will ever get to 1968 Haight Asbury again) and then keep driving out East End Rd for the gorgeous views. But again, the road is rather narrow, some steep drop offs and an RV may be a larger vehicle than a lot of people are comfortable with driving.

If it was my vacation (and reading between the lines in your posts), I would take the rental car and stay in hotels/B & B's/condos. From your posts, you don't seem to be the kind of person that will just pull off the road at some out of the way spot, set up camp and be able to enjoy yourself. You even mentioned your husband didn't want to get lawn chairs. Where are you going to sit??? Stay in your RV??? That isn't any fun. Sitting outside, grilling some fresh caught fish and and enjoying the peace and solitude is what RV'ing in Alaska is all about as well as very useful for fishing. But you don't want to go fishing either, so again, I just think the rental car and hotels are going to be much more to your liking. JMHO[/QUOTE]

Thank you so much! That is a very thoughtful, insightful, and thorough response! It is extremely helpful to me! I greatly appreciate it!

I am very skeptical about us using the RV. My husband saw a bunch of people driving around rental RVs. Now he has it in his head that it's part of the Alaska vacation experience. He's thinking of it as a substitute for the car and hotel room, not for hanging out/camping/being outdoors.

[quote name='Cruisin Kay D']Class C RVs have STORAGE under the bed and under the interior floor, all accessed from outside. We had 3 people on our 18 day trip with several regular suitcases which we stored easily underneath. So I wouldn't go buying special duffle bags!!!

Our RV had a very comfy queen BED in back (dinette slideout). There is a floorplan with a double bed in 1 corner of back, which would not suit Mike & me since we have a king at home.

For 17 nights we stayed in a campground, where there were SHOWERS in the community bathrooms. Only nights not in a campground was the 1st night at Winnebago factory and last night in Great Alaskan's parking lot. Basically we used the shower stall on RV for storage of staples, cans, drinks etc...

RV POTTY worked great. Rental company provided all the chemicals for the holding tank. We have a houseboat & we don't put toilet tissue in our marine toilets, so we used a food store plastic bag in the bathroom wastebasket for tissue & discarded it every other day. Never an odor problem at all. If we stopped somewhere to eat, get gas, see a museum, etc. then usually we would use their toilets.

RV came with a TV & DVD player. In kitchen I primarily used paper plates/bowls during day and sometimes at night I would use the dishes provided in the RV, especially if we grilled a steak or chicken breast pieces.

We rented the LAWN CHAIRS & GRILL used them nearly every day. Most campground sites have a picnic table, but the bag chair was more comfy. Instead of renting from GAH, you could just stop at a WalMart or similar (can't remember name) & buy a couple bag chairs or cheap alum folding chairs.

Review your planned itinerary with Great Alaskan to find out which roads/places they would not allow you to drive on -- they do have some restrictions.

We had a real problem finding a spot to park the RV in Deadwood and didn't stop to walk around. Most of the other towns from Iowa through SD, WY, CO & Montana had RV parking lots in the touristy areas.

The COOKWARE wasn't that bad -- everything brand new for our trip bringing the RV to Anchorage. No matter where we go (timeshare or condo etc) I always take a small non-stick skillet for frying & scrambling eggs & my own spatula! Just my habit -- I know just how eggs will turn out in my own skillet. Friends & family laugh at me sometimes!!![/QUOTE]

Thank you so much for this! This insider information is very helpful! I really do appreciate it! It really gives me a better picture and a lot to think about!

I read someone saying not to put your suitcases underneath the RV or they will get ruined. We have very nice luggage. We'd be extremely upset if it got ruined. ?????

I'm now very concerned about the shower and toilet situation. I am a germophobe. I have issues with public bathrooms. When we stay in a hotel room, cruiseship cabin, etc., I first sanitize everything with Clorox bleach wipes. There is no way that I would use a shower at a campground. Absolutely not. I struggled with the public bathrooms in Alaska. I particularly struggled with the non-plumbed, non-flush toilets in and around Denali. I thought that the RV had a proper plubmed, flush toilet. But your talk of marine heads, chemicals, and not putting toilet paper in the toilet makes me worry that the RV toilet will be like a port-a-potty. I cannot handle that. This might not be for me at all.

We also have a king bed at home. The floorplan says that the permanent bed in the back is a queen. But with the corner cut off. Worst case scenario, we could sleep in separate beds. We definitely both need our space to sleep.

I guess we should rent the lawn chairs and grill. Ryan loves to grill at home. I guess he just doesn't want to grill on vacation. Oh, well!

I'm definitely not packing cookware. I'll use what's there or nothing. Although, I don't know if I feel like shopping, cooking, setting the table, cleaning up on vacation. That certainly doesn't sound like much of a vacation.

[quote name='PennyAgain']We started out life as car campers. Do I need to say more?

I've never rented an RV from a commercial company as friends or family always have one to share or is willing to trade something for the use of the RV. We go as small as possible for our own level of happiness.

I also have my own skillet and spatula. I understand that.

I spoke about an hour ago to a family (very) elder who has owned all sorts of RV's and I think was there when they were invented. We had a good laugh about the old days when luxury was not an RV benefit, but in those days we had a great deal of (cheap) fun.

I've never lived in luxury and in fact for over 17 years cooked in a kitchen with a 2 burner stove and an oven that was very old and weak natured. I did fine.

One huge part of visiting Alaska is that most of us can find a life style that suits us pretty well. What suits me and my family likely doesn't please the next person. All well and good.

I hope it stays that way.[/QUOTE]

Yes, you do need to say more. What are car campers?

[quote name='allisons']Yes, you do need to say more. What are car campers?[/quote]

For a long time when Alaska was much less sophisticated than it is now, we did car camping. That means we cooked outside, used latrines or just the outdoors with or without privacy,, didn't shower much and slept in our Subaru. My elder sister and I did a lot of this and had a ball. We thought the port-a-pots at Denali NP were wonderful! An upgrade.

My husband never did car camping although we got him to do tent camping a few times (he didn't enjoy that much). We gave him the best of what we had, showed him great places.......... but

We over-exposed my husband to the outdoor life in Alaska. I think there is a lesson in this. He loves fine hotels, cruise ships, and the good life.

When I'm in Alaska I revert to my old ways either on my own or with family members minus husband.

I guess that we have a mixed marriage!

So [B]Allisons,[/B] do your studing and take your time about it. I know that you are a wise person. Make the decisions that work out for you and your husband which may well be hotels and a rental car or an RV that suits you.

I humor my husband by staying in really nice places when we travel together and he humors me by letting me have my wilderness time.

Let us know how it all goes for you.

[quote name='Cruisin Kay D']When I wrote my last post, I directed it to Allisons because they are not positive whether to do RV or hotels -- plus I was responding to comments of others, some who were negative about the RV. And on top of all that, I forgot to mention you, PennyAgain!!! Sorry about that!! If you haven't rented one in Alaska, it's something you would enjoy. Their rental units are comfy but certainly not luxurious.

Those RVs being rented out now are new ones that arrived in AK in late May & early June by people like us -- OR some may be 1 year old. The company is both sales & rentals and were amazing to work with!! On their website, check out the "Spring Program" -- that's what we did.[/quote]

Thanks to your posts I am doing research on the rental RV's as we have all gotten older and deserve a little less roughing it. I do appreciate your information.

Archived