Coke Freestyle machine on Grandeur of the Seas

A recent report (7/11 one day sailing) indicated that they are not on board at this time. I have no information as to planned timing. If no updates are given between now and 7/26, I'll be on her then and will try to find out more and will update this thread when I get back on 8/2.

Edited by leaveitallbehind

Yes, Majesty has Freestyle machines.

clarea - I think we have our answer as to the current status with Grandeur but if you want to check back to this thread I will update any information I get when I get back from the week of 7/26 on board as to a timeline.

Edited by leaveitallbehind

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
I have been led to believe that only ships home-porting in the US year round will have them.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Forums mobile app

That is correct and the Grandeur is a recent addition to ships that are home porting year round from the US. People are now wondering if she will get the Freestyle machines just like the rest of the ships that home port from the US.

The Grandeur took over for the Enchantment out of Baltimore year round.

• 4 weeks later...
Anyone here recently off Grandeur? Anything to report, any signs of he machines being onboard but not hooked up yet even?

My fingers are still crossed for our December sailing. We will REALLY miss them if they're not there.

No reports of Freestyle machines on Grandeur.

Edited by clarea

Yes, last I heard that was the official word – however like I said I am still holding out hope that they pop up unexpectedly, or at the last moment.

On our cruise on Enchantment last December that's exactly what happened – reports trickled out mere weeks before our sailing that the machines had appeared, and it was literally a week or so before we boarded that they were actually hooked up – it was a great surprise after having experienced them aboard Explorer just a few months previous.

I wonder what the hold up / hold out is about...

Edited by Oshawapilot

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Ah bummer. Ok, thanks - at least we know once and for all now.

I had a friend on Enchantment the week after us last March - apparently the coast guard failed the ship's inspection because of the placement of several of the freestyle macines, specifically one in the Windjammer (too far into an aisleway apparently), and the one outside Windjammer (impeding traffic flow to the exit doors). The latter one I could see as I do remember there being "traffic" issues with the one outside the Windjammer, but the ones inside...well, a bit overzealous perhaps.

Maybe that's the reason they are apparently delayed on Grandeur.

We sure will miss them. RCI is also loosing probably at least 3 soda pass sales from our group as a result, though.