Cruise Ship to YVR ????

I was looking at a 12:45pm flight from yvr. Our cruise ship is set to dock at 7:30am and we have booked cruiseline transportation to the airport. Will we have enough time to make a 12:45pm flight? Thank you

I was looking at a 12:45pm flight from yvr. Our cruise ship is set to dock at 7:30am and we have booked cruiseline transportation to the airport. Will we have enough time to make a 12:45pm flight? Thank you

Shouldn't have any problem. We disembarked on Friday around 9:45am. We were off the ship, in a cab and home by 11am and we live 15 minutes from YVR. Our cab driver didn't speed either. Seeing that you are from MO, I imagine that you have a connector flight either through Toronto or a US city. If you go through Toronto, you'll be dropped off at the domestic terminal and will go through customs in Toronto. Otherwise, you will go through customs in Vancouver.

There is also the SkyTrain. The station is about a third of a mile walk from Canada Place. Probably the cheapest (any maybe fastest) way to get to the airport.

Indeed many cruise passengers use SkyTrain but it has been breaking down a lot lately causing major problems and back ups. I would never try to negotiate SkyTrain with luggage.

Indeed many cruise passengers use SkyTrain but it has been breaking down a lot lately causing major problems and back ups. I would never try to negotiate SkyTrain with luggage.

Skytrain (Expo and Millenium line) and Canada Line run independent of one another. The problems that have plagued Skytrain of late have not affected the Canada Line. The trains on the Canada Line are wider and are meant to handle luggage much easier then the Skytrain line which has narrow trains and not as much standing room.

Skytrain (Expo and Millenium line) and Canada Line run independent of one another. The problems that have plagued Skytrain of late have not affected the Canada Line. The trains on the Canada Line are wider and are meant to handle luggage much easier then the Skytrain line which has narrow trains and not as much standing room.

Have to agree here. I've taken Skytrain a couple of times to grab cruises, simple to roll luggage on and off.

Maybe the reason that can afford a cruise is because they take public transit instead of taxis and/or their own car and use the money saved to go on cruises.

Cheers

Dennis!

I saved a ton of money using public transportation for the transfers on my most recent cruise. If you are able bodied and willing to do a small amount of research before leaving home, there's really no reason not to. The cruise line transfers are a rip off!

Archived