Komodo Island

Cassicruiser

Hi Busybean - It seems quite difficult to organise anything on Komodo, and the ships tours are hugely expensive. I'll check whats happening on my sailing's roll call closer to the time. I'm happy to stay on the ship in Komodo but my family will want to do a tour.

We are on Celebrity Millennium 5 January.

HI,

I didn't make the arrangements for Komodo, but made a phone call since some people on previous cruises had some concerns about our tour. Siska was the lady I talked to at (from the US) would be 011-62-812 3815441. I used Pennytalk to call so it didn't cost too much. One just has to remember the time zone you are calling. A mobile # was 011-62 36170677 or 011-62 144876314.

to e:mail me just click on the HTML Guide link below for address. I didn't have her e-mail address since I didn't make the arrangements, but the arrangements were excellent. We did the Dragon tour, the Pink Beach and the Village. I liked the Village tour better than Pink Beach. I always feel better when I can talk to a person in addition to e-mail.

Dr.Joe

Edited by scapel

Paul that will be great if you can come back to this thread and post about your experience - have a wonderful trip!

Dr Joe - thanks for this - I have seen Siska's name on a couple of threads while looking through but no contact info. I will call and see how I go, hopefully I can arrange something, or get some details of how to book something else if not suitable.

Paul that will be great if you can come back to this thread and post about your experience - have a wonderful trip!

Dr Joe - thanks for this - I have seen Siska's name on a couple of threads while looking through but no contact info. I will call and see how I go, hopefully I can arrange something, or get some details of how to book something else if not suitable.

Call the number and get the e-mail address. Art doesn't have it anymore.

Dr.Joe

the thought of seeing a goat killed and fed to the dragons does not appeal to us does this happen on every tour or is this a one off , we are visiting Kamodo on RSSC over Christmas and would like to see the dragons but do not want to see this

the thought of seeing a goat killed and fed to the dragons does not appeal to us does this happen on every tour or is this a one off , we are visiting Kamodo on RSSC over Christmas and would like to see the dragons but do not want to see this

This did not happen on our tour.

Here is how I have been contacting Siska for our upcoming Jan cruise.

She has been very reponsive getting a tour set up

info.komodotheedge@gmail.com

Here is how I have been contacting Siska for our upcoming Jan cruise.

She has been very reponsive getting a tour set up

Thanks for finding the e-mail address. I saved it in case someone else needs it. Her arrangements were very good. The lunch was just a box lunch, but no need with all the food aboard the ship. Komodo is definitely worth the effort. You will probably enter Indonesia at another place so your visa should be active and you are let off the ship. Meet the guide and make cash payment in USD for the number in your group. When they ask for payment for cameras let each one pay for whatever they have, Still or video etc. Hope the video worked. I think we divided into about 10 per guide team.

As Cruisetexas has stated, the practice of feeding goats to the dragons ceased several years ago. According to the ranger who was guiding our group, the dragons are not fed at all, they fend for themselves. We were quite surprised to see deer wandering around close to the dragons :eek:

When we returned to the ranger station after our walk a dragon had deposited itself under the ranger's house and was just lying there with it's head on a rock having a doze.

We thoroughly enjoyed our walk (ship's tour), and we found the rangers to be very knowledgeable and personable. The scenery as we sailed away was also wonderful.

It's very hot ashore so be sure to use sunscreen on exposed skin :) and have some bottled water handy.

I'm sure you will enjoy Komodo.

Can't do that html thing, nothing happens, but looking for name of tour company you used if you could email me at kwarcins@bellsouth dot net. Love the village part of the tour added to the dragons and pink beach Thanks for your help

Alabama neighbor,

Rita

Thanks for finding the e-mail address. I saved it in case someone else needs it. Her arrangements were very good. The lunch was just a box lunch, but no need with all the food aboard the ship. Komodo is definitely worth the effort. You will probably enter Indonesia at another place so your visa should be active and you are let off the ship. Meet the guide and make cash payment in USD for the number in your group. When they ask for payment for cameras let each one pay for whatever they have, Still or video etc. Hope the video worked. I think we divided into about 10 per guide team.

Can't do that html thing, nothing happens, but looking for name of tour company you used if you could email me at kwarcins@bellsouth dot net. Love the village part of the tour added to the dragons and pink beach Thanks for your help

Alabama neighbor,

Rita

Alabama neighbor,

Rita

Email address didn't work.

the info is:

KOMODO ISLAND TOUR SISKA

Tel # Country code 62-812-3815441 From US you would have to dial 011 first.

Mobile- 62-144876314

Ask for Siska a lady.

Edited by scapel

We will be on the Volendam in January. Several people are interested in this tour as it also includes snorkeling. Hope this helps.

It is a great pleasure to have an email from you, and on behalf of Putri Komodo Tours I would like to say WELCOME to Komodo National Park.

Well, below are the options of itinerary & prices

Option 01 :

Itinerary :

" Morning pick up from the Komodo jetty and will make a registration in Komodo national Park front office, then 2 or 4 km trekking in Komodo Island for searching Wild Komodo Dragons and other wild animals and spectacular Panorama from Sulfurea Hill as a best view point. Afterward, you will going to do a snorkeling and relaxing in pink beach. Lunch will be served in our local boat. After enjoy it here, back in to Komodo jetty for your time to go back to your cruise ship."

Price Per Person :

4 Person : US$ 110.00

5-9 Person : US$ 100.00

10 - 15 Person : US$ 90.00

16 - Up : US$ 80.00

For Kids Below 10 years old : US$ 50.00

If more than 20 person, one free.

Price Include :

Komodo National Park entrance Fee

Long or short trekking in Komodo Island

English speaking guide

Komodo National Park Rangers & Guards

Lunch in Pink Beach

Snorkeling boat to Pink Beach

Snorkeling guide

Price Exclude :

Komodo National Park Camera Fee ( US$10.00 per camera) & Handy cam (US$18.00 per handy cam )

Snorkeling Entrance Fee US$ 10.00 per person

Snorkeling gears ( Rent snorkeling gears is US$ 8.00 per person )

towels

Personal expenditures

Tipping

Option 02.

Itinerary :

" Morning pick up from the Komodo jetty and will make a registration in Komodo national Park front office, then2 - 4 km trekking in Komodo Island for searching Wild Komodo Dragons and other wild animals and spectacular Panorama from Sulfurea Hill as a best view point. Afterward, back in to Komodo jetty for your time to go back to your cruise ship."

Price Per Person :

4 Person : US$ 85.00

5-9 Person : US$ 75.00

10 - 15 Person : US$ 65.00

16 - Up : US$ 55.00

For Kids Below 10 years old : US$ 30.00

If more than 20 person, one free.

Price Include :

Komodo National Park entrance Fee

Long trekking in Komodo Island. 4 km.

English speaking guide

Komodo National Park Ranger & Guards

Price Exclude :

Komodo National Park Camera Fee ( US$10.00 per camera) & Handy cam (US$18.00 per handy cam )

Personal expenditures

Tipping

Please let me know which options do you want to take?

I am looking forward to hear from you, asap.

Best Regards,

Jeffry Buana.

We did the Komodo Dragon tour first and the Sulfurea Hill did give a nice view, but the hill climb was very slippery and two of our group slipped down. No serious injuries. I had a guide helping me to keep me on my feet. I would not go back up the hill if I did it again. If there is a way around the hill to come back out the way we did it would be better. After passing the souveneer area we got on a boat to pink beach where some did snorkling and went to the beach. We stayed on board. After the beach we went to the village which I liked better than pink beach. An interesting way of life there.

We then went back to the ship.

Tour looks great but is it only me who finds these prices outrageous!! :eek:

We are a family of 4 and somewhere between $350 and $440 (more in AUS $) for one excursion is way out of our range.

It would be nice if we could just get taken to pink beach and the village and not have to pay silly prices to step onto the island. I guess we will be staying on the ship on that day....

We are a family of 4 and somewhere between $350 and $440 (more in AUS $) for one excursion is way out of our range.

It would be nice if we could just get taken to pink beach and the village and not have to pay silly prices to step onto the island. I guess we will be staying on the ship on that day....

I don't recall being asked for anything to get off the ship into the tender. You could get off the ship and you would be at the dock. I don't know if you could then get to the area where they sell souvenirs or not. There may be somewhere you could buy a ticket and get on a tour of the dragons, but you will need a park ranger. I felt that was for my protection when I the ranger told me to get along as one began to approach us.

Did you see post # 27

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nxGLH...jpPBDtN6CEA2Mw

Edited by scapel

You can see Komodo dragon at Sydney zoo. and I know a few others have them in North America also at Singapore zoo......

You can walk off the ship for free. If you want a tour or transportation somewhere, there will be a cost.