More=Merrier rates

delta13

Does anyone know if the More=Merrier rates include price protection like the ES rates or are you locked in once you purchase?

I am looking at the Valor cruise out of SJU in early December which I know is kind of a low travel time and the MTM rate for 3 in a balcony is $1550 on the upper deck. Not sure it will go much cheaper than that...

Thanks!

Does anyone know if the More=Merrier rates include price protection like the ES rates or are you locked in once you purchase?

I am looking at the Valor cruise out of SJU in early December which I know is kind of a low travel time and the MTM rate for 3 in a balcony is $1550 on the upper deck. Not sure it will go much cheaper than that...

Thanks!

No rate protection, you're locked in.

You can switch to another rate if you find another one that is cheaper - ou re not locked in.

Perfect. I just submitted the price drop.. if we get approved, to date we're about $300 less than when we originally bought it!

Perfect. I just submitted the price drop.. if we get approved, to date we're about $300 less than when we originally bought it!

You can't submit the price drop form for non-ES bookings. You'll have to call or email carnival to change your booking.

I posted this in another thread recently...

You can price match any fare for which you qualify BEFORE final payment (even if you pay off early). I do it all the time.

THEN, if you're sure you won't have changes, you can switch to ES just before it "vanishes" due to the time frame (dependent on the length of the cruise; 3 months before a 3-5 day, 5 months before longer cruises).

I book whatever rate I want and qualify for, usually a past guest rate. For my Conquest cruise, I booked a 1A because I'm solo.

They were sold out weeks ago, but one suddenly came open (I had noticed that 4As were less than my 1A but couldn't price match because it wasn't my category). So the second I saw there was a 1A, I called my PVP and got $140 drop for the cabin.

ES is no longer available, but I didn't switch because I'm never quite sure if I'll need to make changes and I just don't like the restrictions. ES works for many but not for everyone. Once final payment has passed, I simply refuse to look at the prices. I wouldn't have booked in the first place if I wasn't willing to pay whatever the rate was at that time.

You can price match any fare for which you qualify BEFORE final payment (even if you pay off early). I do it all the time.

Sorry for my miss information OP, this above is correct. I was having a senior moment (or just stupid moment) and didn't realize (even though it was posted) that you were before final payment.

If you do a mock booking and put in more than 2 people, it should just show up IF it is available.

I didn't even see it because I had only put in for two people (just booked my Fantasy cruise a week or so ago), but when I actually called my PVP to book and told him there would probably be three of us, that rate came up.

Yep, just did it for my 9/1 sailing and it still comes up. I don't use FareViewer; I just go into the generic "plan and book" screen and go from there.

On my past few cruises, the More=Merrier rate will pop up a few months before sail date, as they try to fill the ship to maximum capacity. I'm guessing that they apply it when they have a lot of double occupancy bookings but little else. On my next cruise, I have a two person room and a three person room (price matched to More = Merrier), and the three person room is $30 pp cheaper (for the first two passengers).

They really did a good job filling up our Dream cruise last week...More=Merrier rate for a 7C Cove Balcony went down to $189 for the week. We had 4,600 pax onboard - was told at kids club orientation that there were 700 "teens" (age 12-17)!

Not showing on the cruise I'm checking, which is Valor out of SJU for Christmas week. But the resident rate dropped again this week (was down $100 last week) so I just submitted for another $100 drop for that sailing. In the last 3-4 weeks have submitted for about $250+ in drops.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Archived