Across from laundry

beamqueen

Anyone been across the hall from the laundry facilities before? I have been told we are located right across the hall from the laundry and wondered if anybody had any experience with rooms by the laundry facilities and if it was noisy? We are on Carnival Miracle, 7267.

I haven't personally haven't had the experience of being directly across the hallway from a laundry facility, but I have spoken with a friend who has.

She found it very noisy - people coming and going from about 7am to 10pm, sometimes the door was left open and she could hear the washing machines, the dryers, chatting and even arguments.

In my opinion, it would not be a cabin which I would choose.

Hiya

We were directly across from the laundry room on our last cruise.

Was very concerned before the hoilday. I imagined constant noise from washing machines, tumble dryers and people coming and going.

But the truth was we heard nothing! It turned out to be a positive, very convenient for doing the odd wash or ironing a dress for a black tie night.

So fear not and enjoy the peace & quiet in your room!

Anyone been across the hall from the laundry facilities before? I have been told we are located right across the hall from the laundry and wondered if anybody had any experience with rooms by the laundry facilities and if it was noisy? We are on Carnival Miracle, 7267.

I was across from a laundry room on a different ship, and there was a sewer smell for a few days plus noise. I can not speak for Miracle. Some ships lock the laundry room doors overnight.

Miracle cabins are very good when it comes to insulation from sound. When you are in your cabin you get very little noise from the outside-- and when you open that door- its like wow.

Now if you sail with rude passengers who get loud that may be a different story. but you are gonna get that noise no matter where you are.

I had an aft balcony cabin on Miracle and I don't think anyone even used the laundry room on the 8-night cruise.

But there was a young lady who knocked on our door one day asking if it was the laundry room. When I told her "no, this is our cabin," her response was "but they said the laundry room was down here." So I pointed to the door across the hall and asked, "you mean THAT laundry room? The one that say "laundry" on the door?"

Sheesh. She didn't even bother to LOOK for it. :(

I'm next to a laundry room on Conquest. Haven't heard any negatives about it at all. I'm rarely in the cabin from 7 am until 10 pm, so if people are in there using it, I'll probably not even know about it!

Actually on a recent family "siblings only" cruise, my adult brother had an inside cabin next to the laundry. He loved it! He is a clean freak and was able to wash his clothes daily- he surely felt it was a prime location! He never complained about noise.

I would prefer to be down the hall from the laundry if possible!

Enjoy your cruise.

Alas,on our 48 day Brazil/Amazon cruise we were given the choice of being next to the swimming pool entrance doors, or across from a laundry room.:( OK, the laundry room had posted hours on the door with orders to keep the noise down in consideration for the nearby rooms. However, the door was regularly propped open and the signs were then not visible. The only salvation was that for about 5-6 days washing was prohibited due to the muddiness of the Amazon river and the room was locked up. But during the hours it was open 8AM-10PM it served as a community gathering place for all -men and women. In fact it looked sometimes like a great place to meet and greet! And then we had the self appointed time and line keepers who would tell you how far down the line you were and what your chances of getting those dirty clothes done that day. Several times, the captain threatened to lock the door if civility did not prevail. Several times it was difficult to get out of the room as someone was lounging against it! All in all, we had a great trip, but we will never book near a laundry room again.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived