Just Off Allure 7/14/13 Sailing Review

CABIN:

We had connecting ocean view balconies on deck nine, which is a great location for Central Park. Balconies were unusable 90% of time due to next door smokers who were almost always out there and always smoking when they were.

We were on the Alure last Sept. Could never go out on our balcony because of smokers, they also had family members across the hall in a inside cabin that came on thier balcony to smoke. by thursday i had it. went to guest services they moved us to a balcony on central park, nice but missed our ocean view.

It really is a shame we had looked so forward to having breakfast out there. never did, tried the first day had to go inside.

Maybe some day they could alternate decks or make some decks smoking. i can only help this can be remedy. going on the oasis this sept because i did like the ship.

thanks for review

Can anyone tell me about the dress code on formal nights on the allure? Is it strictly enforced to suits, jkts, gowns and cocktails dresses OR....can men look nice in khaki's and collared shirts? Can woman wear any kind of dress or fancy slacks?

Can anyone tell me about the dress code on formal nights on the allure? Is it strictly enforced to suits, jkts, gowns and cocktails dresses OR....can men look nice in khaki's and collared shirts? Can woman wear any kind of dress or fancy slacks?

Not strictly enforced from what I could see. Some gentlemen wore jackets and ties, some just jackets and some just shirt and trousers. Some ladies dressed up other just smart casual, some casual. It was a bit more formal on formal nights in the specialty restaurants.

We were on this sailing and could not have agreed with your post more!!

Awesome vacation.

We did Embassy suites pre-cruise and did managers get together. It was crowded. Pop corn, munchies and salsa. But what amazed us was the open bar, everything was offerred and people were drinking!!

Yes, crowded, but we got a seat.

We had suite 1736, too cool during day, a little warm during night about 2-3am. How do I know? That was our daughters curfew, and we were up till she came in and you could feel the cabin temp change.

Sea Ya

Dress code definitely not strictly enforced. We went to Giovanni's first formal night and dining room on the second and never dressed up. I would estimate that only about half of males in dining room wore suits or ties and we even saw some people in shorts on formal night.

CABIN:

We had connecting ocean view balconies on deck nine, which is a great location for Central Park. Balconies were unusable 90% of time due to next door smokers who were almost always out there and always smoking when they were.

We were on the Alure last Sept. Could never go out on our balcony because of smokers, they also had family members across the hall in a inside cabin that came on thier balcony to smoke. by thursday i had it. went to guest services they moved us to a balcony on central park, nice but missed our ocean view.

It really is a shame we had looked so forward to having breakfast out there. never did, tried the first day had to go inside.

Maybe some day they could alternate decks or make some decks smoking. i can only help this can be remedy. going on the oasis this sept because i did like the ship.

thanks for review

Wow this is terrible.

The smell of smoke is so nasty to a non smoker.

Did RCi offer you anything else other than the move?

Edited by storm1of4

Lioness after 3am did it get cooler? What cabin number did you have again and on which deck believe a number or two is missing in the room number you gave?

We were in Crown loft suite 1736

The 17th deck only has 4 digit for suites.

It was by the basketball court and had a great view.

We were not bothered by any noise probably because our bed was in the loft, and we usually did not return to our cabin till 12am.

Did not hear the noise from the zip line, oceanarium or golf.

Sea ya

We were in Crown loft suite 1736

The 17th deck only has 4 digit for suites.

It was by the basketball court and had a great view.

We were not bothered by any noise probably because our bed was in the loft, and we usually did not return to our cabin till 12am.

Did not hear the noise from the zip line, oceanarium or golf.

Sea ya

Sue, you were just around the corner from us, we were in Crown Loft Suite 1708

Sue, you were just around the corner from us, we were in Crown Loft Suite 1708

People in the suite next to us moved in on Wednesday, wonder if they won the suite at bingo.

Also were you there for the security event, all the guards outside cabin around the corner. Could not for life of me get the scoop. Still dont know what happened.

Sea Ya

I was just wondering- what kind of parking lot the Courtyard has? We have a lifted pick up truck that we drive down and can only stay where there is surface parking lots. We can't fit in a parking garage.

Thanks so much for your help! And great review!

As I remember the parking at the Marriott Courtyard was valet only. The hotel had no onsite parking that I saw. There was a municipal parking lot about a block away but you would have to pay per hour to park there.

Wow this is terrible.

The smell of smoke is so nasty to a non smoker.

Did RCi offer you anything else other than the move?

They sent us each a certificate for $175.00 off our next cruise which i was pretty happy with. I thought that was nice of them. I guess it is how you approach them, my husband is pretty low key and handled it, if it was me i think a would have been angrier and not so nice, i tend to get excited. I have no negative feelings to RCCL, We have always been treated well.

I'm sailing on the oasis next week and know the itineraries are similar. Any chance you remember what night or time they had the quest? Thank you for your review.

Sent from my PantechP9070 using Forums mobile app

That would be great. A group of us from CC are trying to coordinate going and want to make sure we don't have conflicting shows already booked.

Sent from my PantechP9070 using Forums mobile app

[quote name='Lionesss'][SIZE=4]People in the suite next to us moved in on Wednesday, wonder if they won the suite at bingo.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=4]Also were you there for the security event, all the guards outside cabin around the corner. Could not for life of me get the scoop. Still dont know what happened.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=4][/SIZE]
[SIZE=4]Sea Ya[/SIZE][/QUOTE]

Yes, friends of mine were at the Bingo that day and were desperately hoping to win and be near us, no such luck though. Did not see the security guards, what day was that ? We must have missed it.

[quote name='neptune18']Dress code definitely not strictly enforced. We went to Giovanni's first formal night and dining room on the second and never dressed up. I would estimate that only about half of males in dining room wore suits or ties and we even saw some people in shorts on formal night.[/quote]

Specialty dining venue's do not follow the dress code on formal night :) Edited by janetz

[quote name='Pencruise']Yes, friends of mine were at the Bingo that day and were desperately hoping to win and be near us, no such luck though. Did not see the security guards, what day was that ? We must have missed it.[/quote]

[SIZE=4]Monday from about 10:30-11:30pm. One person in hallway corridor, suite door open, too many security people, could not get anything out of Marva our cabin attendant.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=4][/SIZE]
[SIZE=4]can only wonder.[/SIZE]

Enjoyed your review. I will be on Allure August 2015. This will be my first RC cruise. What I'm worried about is the food; I love when my food is hot, even if I can't really eat it that hot, I want it served hot. I've been on 4 Carnival cruises, and I really love having my cheesburgers hot off of the grill. Maybe by 2015 things will be different. We eat all of our dinners and breakfasts in the DR, but I really like a hot and juicy cheeseburger daily while on the ship.

Vlwalker- We never experienced food not being hot although I doubt hamburgers in Windjammer would be hot. I think there was a cheeseburger on the dining room lunch menu.

Janetz- Only about half of those in the dining room dressed formally on formal night.