Prague to Budapest by coach

Stratheden

I seem to have read many horror stories of the coach trip from Prague to Budapest and vice versa. Coach breakdowns, accidents holding up traffic, two hour stops in less than desireable cafes.

Has anyone had a good trip. We are seriously thinking starting our trip from Budapest and forgetting Prague. I dislike coach tours and the thought of 8 hours stuck on a bus to commence my tour would be horrific.

Prague is a fabulous city, you will be sorry to miss it. Is the coach trip to Prague with Scenic? I have travelled with folks that went to Prague with Scenic and had a great time. Not sure about bus breakdown but that of course can happen to anyone. Why would you think it happens all the time?

Prague is a fabulous city, you will be sorry to miss it. Is the coach trip to Prague with Scenic? I have travelled with folks that went to Prague with Scenic and had a great time. Not sure about bus breakdown but that of course can happen to anyone. Why would you think it happens all the time?

I guess you only hear about the bad things. As I said in my OP I have never read a good comment about the coach trip and I had hoped someone had something good to say about it as I really want to go to Prague.

I guess that it depends on budget - I personally would probably fly, however it is on the expensive side.

Prague is a lovely place and well worth a visit, however so is Budapest. If I had the chioce between a short visit to both or a longer visit to Budapest, I would probably choose the latter.

I seem to have read many horror stories of the coach trip from Prague to Budapest and vice versa. Coach breakdowns, accidents holding up traffic, two hour stops in less than desireable cafes.

Has anyone had a good trip. We are seriously thinking starting our trip from Budapest and forgetting Prague. I dislike coach tours and the thought of 8 hours stuck on a bus to commence my tour would be horrific.

Hi Julie,

If you are booking with APT/Travel Marvel, do not fear. The Czech Republic Branch will look after you extremely well. 2 x 30 mins stop at very clean roadhouses for toilet and leg stretching. Lunch is a 75 mins stop at a winery, you can order salad, pork chops or roast chicken, includes a glass of wine and a bottle of water. All for €12..

Enjoy your cruise.

Nomes

We just returned from the Eastern European trip on Viking and we too had some trepidations about the bus trip from Budapest to Prague. First there were only nine of us, so there was plenty of room on the bus, which had a bathroom. We stopped once for lunch (not included) and then twice for bathroom stops and to stretch our legs--took about 7 hours and most people were so tired from the previous week's outings, that the trip allowed us to nap and relax. We wondered about flying, but honestly, by the time to you to the airport, deal with luggage, customs and immigration, wait for the flight and then deal with it on the other end, I can see that taking the bus might be easier. Prague is a most beautiful city--architecturally speaking and there is much to see.

• 2 weeks later...

We did the Prague to Budapest trip with Scenic last August.

No problems and enjoyed every km. The coach had plenty of legroom and,

there were plenty of stops including a clean roadhouse for lunch.

Definitely dont miss Prague it is beautiful, just because of a few stories about the coach trip to or from Budapest.

W

• 4 weeks later...
The trip on the train is great. Just reserve 1st class seats.

Agree! Take the train. European trains are great. First class reserved seats Budapest-Prague runs 166 Euros for 2. Six-plus hours but likely faster, less expensive and much less hassle than flying downtown to downtown. :)

Agree! Take the train. European trains are great. First class reserved seats Budapest-Prague runs 166 Euros for 2. Six-plus hours but likely faster, less expensive and much less hassle than flying downtown to downtown. :)

We are considering the train to Prague after our cruise but are concerned about storage for our luggage on the train. Did you find sufficient luggage storage? There will be 4 of us with one large bag and one carryon apiece.

We are considering the train to Prague after our cruise but are concerned about storage for our luggage on the train. Did you find sufficient luggage storage? There will be 4 of us with one large bag and one carryon apiece.

Luggage storage is usually not a problem, especially in first class. Europeans travel by train with luggage. Recent experiences on Swiss, German and Italian (Frecciarosa -Inter City Express) trains the car had a luggage compartment at one, sometimes both, car entrances. Local trains usually do not have luggage compartments.

Archived