What activities are there to do on the Norwegian Star?

I've decided to take a cruise this December to the Riviera and have a few questions.

What activities are there to do onboard? All I can see from NCL's website is eat, swim, and watch shows. Are there any other fun physical activities aboard (not like the gym or anything).

A few questions to anyone who has sailed on Princess and NCL. How would you compare the two lines atmosphere and deco?

Oh yes, they have lots of activities!! They have game shows like, The Newlyweds, Quest (cannot comment on that, it is adult only, and a blast). Poolside activities like best legs, hairiest back and belly flop contests and not to mention the White Hot Party!! You won't run out of fun activities on the ship. I am sure I missed a lot so I am sure someone will add to the list!!

Oh yes, they have lots of activities!! They have game shows like, The Newlyweds, Quest (cannot comment on that, it is adult only, and a blast). Poolside activities like best legs, hairiest back and belly flop contests and not to mention the White Hot Party!! You won't run out of fun activities on the ship. I am sure I missed a lot so I am sure someone will add to the list!!

I don't think Norwegian does these things, you must be confused with Carnival.

Nope, definitely not confused. My friends son participated in Belly Flop contest and watched hardiest leg contest. BOTH on NCL, never been on carnival. I believe you are mistaken or as you said, confused. ;o)

Nope, definitely not confused. My friends son participated in Belly Flop contest and watched hardiest leg contest. BOTH on NCL, never been on carnival. I believe you are mistaken or as you said, confused. ;o)

Sorry, hairiest legs lol not hardest!!

I didn't know NCL had those kind of things on it. It sounds like something you'd see on Carnival.

Besides these two activities it looks like the Star has the same activities as on Princess.

How is the ambiance onboard compared to Princess ships?

I didn't know NCL had those kind of things on it. It sounds like something you'd see on Carnival.

Besides these two activities it looks like the Star has the same activities as on Princess.

How is the ambiance onboard compared to Princess ships?

I would not know. I have never sailed princess. NCL is very casual. Smart casual for dress at dinner with the exception of a few down dressers.

So much of the cruise experience depends on where you are going. A belly flop contest might be standard fare on a Caribbean cruise, but I doubt you would see that on the Star in the Baltics.

You are probably correct and also the time of cruise. For instance, spring break time!!

Have to agree on this one. We watched these "shows" out by the pool when we were on the Epic back in 2010. I think they have had "similar" things on some of the other NCL ships we were on, but didn't pay too much attention. Usually we are busy doing something else.

Archived