Cozumel late arrivals question

mikel24m

We have been to Cozumel a lot maybe 5 or 6 times but never had a late arrival.We arrive @ 1:30PM and depart at 10PM.

I figured we would just go to Mr.Sanchos again so I emailed them and the hours don't change for late arrivals. They are open from 9:30AM until 5:30PM.I thought I read Nachi was open until 6:30 but after thinking about it I cant justify spending that kind of money for such a short day :)

Arrive at 1:30 maybe make it to the resort and pay our balance get settled in by 2:30

3 hours at Mr sanchos for $100(2) plus taxi fare(I cant remember I think $12-$14 pp each way) to and from plus waiter/bartender tips

Nachi is $110(2) plus taxi and tips for 4 hours. I still think that's too much money even for 4 hours were not going to power drink/eat

I need some ideas especially for at night too

If you are cruising from the east coast/FLA your 1:30 ship time arrival is actually 12:30 Coz time, giving you another hour on the beach. :cool:

I forgot they were an hour behind ship time. Thanks, that does make a little bit of difference .I see you on the Cozumel boards a lot what do you suggest to do at night .In all our cruises we have never been their at night

Sorry, most of my Coz stops have been daytime and I am worn out or feeling the effects of too much "sunshine" :o to stay out late. We prefer Nachi if it is just the wife and I; with the kids we try to snorkel at the Money Bar before heading to the beach. Maybe a sunset sailboat tour?

When do you cruise? :confused: Sometimes the difference in daylight savings schedules between Mexico and USA gives you a 2-hour difference (one flight from Miami to Cancun "arrived" before it took off from MIA :rolleyes:). Good luck! :)

Sorry, most of my Coz stops have been daytime and I am worn out or feeling the effects of too much "sunshine" :o to stay out late. We prefer Nachi if it is just the wife and I; with the kids we try to snorkel at the Money Bar before heading to the beach. Maybe a sunset sailboat tour?

When do you cruise? :confused: Sometimes the difference in daylight savings schedules between Mexico and USA gives you a 2-hour difference (one flight from Miami to Cancun "arrived" before it took off from MIA :rolleyes:). Good luck! :)

We cruise in early September a little mini vacation we couldn't pass up I think $184 PP :)

We have never been on a cruise that stays in the evening.Its a funny thing we have never seen our ship lit up at night.I did read something about the money bar

On Nachis website I did read that they stay open later so you can see the sunset when ships arrive late.We have been a few times and we like Mr Sanchos food better

We cruise in early September a little mini vacation we couldn't pass up I think $184 PP :)

We have never been on a cruise that stays in the evening.Its a funny thing we have never seen our ship lit up at night.I did read something about the money bar

On Nachis website I did read that they stay open later so you can see the sunset when ships arrive late.We have been a few times and we like Mr Sanchos food better

Daylight savings ends in October so in September sunset will be between 6.30-7pm depending on time of month. Viewing the sunset can be great from any the bars on the west side of the island.

There are a lot of choices and it mainly depends on the type of ambience you are after. If you are looking for one of the beach clubs, Paradise Beach is "pay-as-you-go". Of course you couldn't stay late but you could always hop in a taxi from there to The Money Bar after 2-3 hours if you wanted to catch Happy Hour and the sunset before returning to the ship.

Some of the hotel resorts offer AI "night passes", usually after 5 or 6pm, so a little restrictive if beach time is your priority and I would imagine more like being on the ship but in a different location! Examples which come to mind, Allegro, Iberostar or of course Cozumel Palace, whose pass is valid from 7am to 10pm, but at a higher charge than most. Another option if you want to PAYG would be "No Name Bar", where a lot of cruise ship staff go, at the Hotel Barracuda, on the edge of town - some loungers and a pool, but I have never been at night. If you are in Cozumel, Friday or Saturday, Bucannos Grill, to the north is highly recommended for evening meal and ambience according to Tripadvisor and I intend to try it during a land vacation this fall. There is also a beach area and pool there so you could get in beach time first. This bar is PAYG although there may be a $10 cover charge to enter which is deducted from your check.

One advantage of leaving late means you can catch "Happy Hour" at many of the bars and restaurants. If beaches are not your top priority you could spend the afternoon doing some activity in town, shopping, museum, chocolate factory. One of our favorites for watching the sunset is the raised deck at Blue Angel dive Resort, "Happy hour" 4-6.30pm, or The Money Bar, "Happy Hour 5-7pm.

A lot depends on which pier you arrive at and factoring in taxi fares. Use Google images to view some of the places I have mentioned to see if any appeal.

You could still go to Mr. Sanchos, just don't get the AI option if you don't feel there is enough time to take full advantage of it. Do the pay as you go option. Then when they close you can take the cab back to San Miguel and walk around the plaza area. Go get a chocolate peanut butter margarita at the Thirsty Cougar and then wander back towards Senior Frogs/Carlos and Charlies or Margaritaville.

I wish we could be there late once. I would do a catamaran sunset cruise.

I forgot they were an hour behind ship time. Thanks, that does make a little bit of difference .I see you on the Cozumel boards a lot what do you suggest to do at night .In all our cruises we have never been their at night

http://www.cozumel-tours.com/sunset-sailing.htm

I was at Mr. Sanchos in May arriving on the Carnival Victory. I was told at that time that they are opened until 7pm on the days of late arriving ships.

I confirmed this a few times on their Facebook page. Maybe check there and see if you get a different answer.

Thanks everyone for the replies and great info I appreciate it. Now more research for me :)

I did email Mr Sanchos and I got the auto response .Then emailed them again and got no response

Try their Facebook page. I always received a response there when I posted a question.

Try their Facebook page. I always received a response there when I posted a question.

Sad to say :) I think im the only person in the world not on facebook

Im undecided still... after looking at Cozumelforaday those resorts look really nice

Chances are we may go to mr sanchos after I was reminded that Cozumel is an hour behind ship time.I think its long enough time. Then again Cozumel palace is open until 10PM

I think we have to talk about what time we want to be back on the ship.We have never been on any island at night so I think we need to explore and take some nice pictures of the ship at night. I looked at the menu for that day and its not my favorite so maybe staying on shore longer may be better for us

Im an over thinker :) Im sure I will change my mind 10 times before we cruise

Edited by mikel24m

Daylight savings ends in October so in September sunset will be between 6.30-7pm depending on time of month. Viewing the sunset can be great from any the bars on the west side of the island.

There are a lot of choices and it mainly depends on the type of ambience you are after. If you are looking for one of the beach clubs, Paradise Beach is "pay-as-you-go". Of course you couldn't stay late but you could always hop in a taxi from there to The Money Bar after 2-3 hours if you wanted to catch Happy Hour and the sunset before returning to the ship.

Some of the hotel resorts offer AI "night passes", usually after 5 or 6pm, so a little restrictive if beach time is your priority and I would imagine more like being on the ship but in a different location! Examples which come to mind, Allegro, Iberostar or of course Cozumel Palace, whose pass is valid from 7am to 10pm, but at a higher charge than most. Another option if you want to PAYG would be "No Name Bar", where a lot of cruise ship staff go, at the Hotel Barracuda, on the edge of town - some loungers and a pool, but I have never been at night. If you are in Cozumel, Friday or Saturday, Bucannos Grill, to the north is highly recommended for evening meal and ambience according to Tripadvisor and I intend to try it during a land vacation this fall. There is also a beach area and pool there so you could get in beach time first. This bar is PAYG although there may be a $10 cover charge to enter which is deducted from your check.

One advantage of leaving late means you can catch "Happy Hour" at many of the bars and restaurants. If beaches are not your top priority you could spend the afternoon doing some activity in town, shopping, museum, chocolate factory. One of our favorites for watching the sunset is the raised deck at Blue Angel dive Resort, "Happy hour" 4-6.30pm, or The Money Bar, "Happy Hour 5-7pm.

A lot depends on which pier you arrive at and factoring in taxi fares. Use Google images to view some of the places I have mentioned to see if any appeal.

Thanks for taking the time to response

We live about 15 minutes from the beach and love the beach but its not a priority.Maybe a little snorkel time. We would love to see a nice sunset and get some good food/drinks

Would you happen to know about prices? Everything I read is in pesos

How can I find out which pier we dock without calling Carnival.I looked and its not in our docs that I could see

Sad to say :) I think im the only person in the world not on facebook

Im undecided still... after looking at Cozumelforaday those resorts look really nice

Chances are we may go to mr sanchos after I was reminded that Cozumel is an hour behind ship time.I think its long enough time. Then again Cozumel palace is open until 10PM

I think we have to talk about what time we want to be back on the ship.We have never been on any island at night so I think we need to explore and take some nice pictures of the ship at night. I looked at the menu for that day and its not my favorite so maybe staying on shore longer may be better for us

Im an over thinker :) Im sure I will change my mind 10 times before we cruise

I will go on their FB page and ask for you. We went when we got off the ship and after 4 hrs we were done. It was nice to go walk around the shops and do a little shopping and take our time back to the ship. That night we ate at the buffet since we didn't want to get dressed for the MDR. It was a nice relaxing port for us. I'm sure whatever you decide, you'll enjoy it.

I just asked Mr. Sanchos the same question yesterday on Facebook. I will be there in September arriving at 1:00 (12 local). The response was that the AI closes at 5:00 and the remainder closing at 5:30. I saw earlier posts on Mr. Sancho's Facebook page that it may be considering changing its hours and staying open late because of the number of requests from late arriving ships, but apparantly that is not the case at this time.

I will go on their FB page and ask for you. We went when we got off the ship and after 4 hrs we were done. It was nice to go walk around the shops and do a little shopping and take our time back to the ship. That night we ate at the buffet since we didn't want to get dressed for the MDR. It was a nice relaxing port for us. I'm sure whatever you decide, you'll enjoy it.

Thanks for asking for me .I just booked Mr Sanchos again.we really love the food and service their and I figure for $45 pp that's a couple of margaritas and nachos at margaritaville or carlos and charlies.I think with being an hour behind ship time that should be plenty of time for us.I think we will eat a late lunch their and skip the MDR and maybe order some room service if we get hungry or maybe eat off the ship that night

I just asked Mr. Sanchos the same question yesterday on Facebook. I will be there in September arriving at 1:00 (12 local). The response was that the AI closes at 5:00 and the remainder closing at 5:30. I saw earlier posts on Mr. Sancho's Facebook page that it may be considering changing its hours and staying open late because of the number of requests from late arriving ships, but apparantly that is not the case at this time.

They never answered me so I'm glad you got a response. Maybe they weren't getting the business to stay open late from the late arrival ships.

Thanks for asking for me .I just booked Mr Sanchos again.we really love the food and service their and I figure for $45 pp that's a couple of margaritas and nachos at margaritaville or carlos and charlies.I think with being an hour behind ship time that should be plenty of time for us.I think we will eat a late lunch their and skip the MDR and maybe order some room service if we get hungry or maybe eat off the ship that night

We did the Pay as you go and we had plenty of time there. After a few hours we headed back to the ship. Even if you don't have the hours change, you will have about 4 hrs there so you'll definately have a great time.

Right now I wish I could get some room service breakfast ;)

• 5 years later...
On 7/28/2013 at 5:24 PM, girlscruise2011 said:

I was at Mr. Sanchos in May arriving on the Carnival Victory. I was told at that time that they are opened until 7pm on the days of late arriving ships.

I confirmed this a few times on their Facebook page. Maybe check there and see if you get a different answer.

I am going on the Carnival Victory in December of this year....I called and they told me that they are only open from 9am to 5pm