Specialty Restaurants: pre-cruise reservations and OBC

rjp50

I went to make a reservation at a specialty restaurant and at the end of the process it seemed to imply that once I confirmed the reservation that my account would be charged (and that canceled reservations would be paid to me in cash onboard). If this is the case, would I not be able to use my OBC when reserving ahead of the cruise?

That's correct. Booking specialty restaurants in advance require immediate payment and are charged to a credit card on the spot. You do not have access to your OBC before boarding. If you want to utilize your OBC for specialty restaurants, then wait until you board the ship to book them (but book them on embarkation day to avoid being left out!). While I'm sure there are exceptions, we've never been turned away or told "sold out" when booking specialty restaurant reservations on board on embarkation day. In fact, only a percentage of the restaurant's capacity is available for pre-departure bookings. The majority of inventory is handled by the ship/restaurant itself. After not being able to reserve the dining times I wanted in advance of the cruise, I simply waited and did it all on board and received the times/dates I wanted without any problem.

Good luck and enjoy your cruise.

That's correct. Booking specialty restaurants in advance require immediate payment and are charged to a credit card on the spot. You do not have access to your OBC before boarding. If you want to utilize your OBC for specialty restaurants, then wait until you board the ship to book them (but book them on embarkation day to avoid being left out!). While I'm sure there are exceptions, we've never been turned away or told "sold out" when booking specialty restaurant reservations on board on embarkation day. In fact, only a percentage of the restaurant's capacity is available for pre-departure bookings. The majority of inventory is handled by the ship/restaurant itself. After not being able to reserve the dining times I wanted in advance of the cruise, I simply waited and did it all on board and received the times/dates I wanted without any problem.

Good luck and enjoy your cruise.

I liked being able to book & pre-pay the speciality restaurants, and even the shore tours, it was good to pay in smaller amounts prior to the cruise rathern than being presented with on big on-board account at the end of the cruise, much better for budgeting

I went to make a reservation at a specialty restaurant and at the end of the process it seemed to imply that once I confirmed the reservation that my account would be charged (and that canceled reservations would be paid to me in cash onboard). If this is the case, would I not be able to use my OBC when reserving ahead of the cruise?

The other nice thing about booking ahead is being able to get the reservation times you want (if available). I did a 5 restaurant package with 1 additional Qsine. Got on the ship and upgraded to the Unlimited Specialty Package. They credited my on board account for the amount I paid pre-cruise and I kept my reservation times. :D

The other nice thing about booking ahead is being able to get the reservation times you want (if available). I did a 5 restaurant package with 1 additional Qsine. Got on the ship and upgraded to the Unlimited Specialty Package. They credited my on board account for the amount I paid pre-cruise and I kept my reservation times. :D

Ironically, not getting preferred reservation times by booking in advance is one of the reasons I waited until I boarded the ship. We sailed Century to Hawaii last year (15 nights) and nearly every date I tried in advance of the sailing only had very early (6:00pm) or late (9:00pm) to select from. It was through this experience that I learned only a fraction of available inventory is opened up to advance bookings, the rest being controlled directly by the ship/restaurant itself. Once I got on board, my first stop was to Murano's and got everything arranged to our preference with the Maitre'd. The dates and time slots I had originally tried to book in advance, but weren't available, suddenly were wide open when I booked on board directly with the restaurant staff! ;)

When I want to book specialty restaurants ahead of time I do not use the web-site' date=' but rather call Captain's Club and have them book the reservations for me, then e-mail a confirmation. That way I do not have to use my credit card to pay up front.[/quote']

Now that I'm a Captains Club member I will do this. Reflection was our first Celebrity Cruise..Thanks for that info. :D

I did the same; booked on-line, upgraded to the Ultimate Dining Package upon arrival, and the original amount was added to OBC. Don't forget that you can get discounts if you are only planning to dine once or twice, but if you are on an S-Class ship, I HIGHLY recommend the Ultimate. We will do it again for sure!!

We have pre booked our Speciality Restaurants - though the time for Muranos is a bit late. Is it possible to change the time of booking at embarkation or when we visit the restaurant during the cruise?

:)

We have pre booked our Speciality Restaurants - though the time for Muranos is a bit late. Is it possible to change the time of booking at embarkation or when we visit the restaurant during the cruise?

:)

If they have other openings, sure you can change the time. Just check with the Maitre d' as soon as possible after you board for the most choices.

What does the "Ultimate Dining Package" include and is it only available onboard?

The Ultimate Package includes unlimited breakfast, lunch and dinner in any "pay" dining venue for $29 per person per day. They usually also throw in something like an elegant afternoon tea one day as well.

You can only book the package on board ship, and should do so ASAP at embarkation as the number of packages they sell are limited. First come, first served...

If by chance you're sailing on Century, you should note there is no breakfast or lunch option on this ship as the only pay restaurant on board is Murano. All the other Celebrity ships have either Bistro on 5 and/or the Lawn Club for breakfast/lunch options.

Archived