new promises in HAL brochure.

dr.dawg

It is only a brochure. Who believes what they read or see in a brochure? Even a HAL brochure.

Just toss them away and move on. The marketing folks always get a little carried away with their enthusiasm-reality is left far behind in the dust.

We did not get the brochure. But you have to admit....describing Canaletto as a 'refined setting' is just a little bit humorous.

Once upon a time we think that HA was a premium cruise line (I am going back to when tipping was not even "required") with amazing service, entertainment, cuisine, etc. But now, it has downgraded itself to just one more mass-market cruise line...which does seem to specialize in longer cruises with great itineraries.

That being said, we certainly would not trash HA for having a nice brochure where everything is somewhat exaggerated. That is just called "marketing" and everyone does it. Since we cruise many different lines (12 cruise lines and 2 River Cruise lines) we normally get dozens of brochures (in all shapes and sizes) every week. Most of them go right in the trash :) since we get nearly all our cruise info on the internet (we average more then 15 e-mails a day from cruise lines).

Hank

It is only a brochure. Who believes what they read or see in a brochure? Even a HAL brochure.

Just toss them away and move on. The marketing folks always get a little carried away with their enthusiasm-reality is left far behind in the dust.

We did not get the brochure. But you have to admit....describing Canaletto as a 'refined setting' is just a little bit humorous.

Drinking $4 wine from Publix in Canaletto is even funnier

Even if I received this brochure today, my HA "consultant" told me that I cannot "take part" of this so call Program because this is going to be next 2014 (and some december cruises) . I sent this pics and she replied me that she can't do anithing to accomodate me.

I a leaving FLL on Noordam 25 november for a 21 days cruise. .???

Excuse for my frustration..!

Holacanada from Quebec city.

Next cruise on Noordam for the 21 days Collector Cruise / Turkey's At Sea...

I don't understand your frustration. Is your cruise in November, 2013, or November, 2014? If the former, why would you be frustrated when the policy clearly says it does not go into effect until 2014?

First let me say that I not writing this to offend anyone only to learn. I am like that cat that curiosity killed I have to ask this question. I’ve noticed that on Dr. Dawg’s posts and some others the same people always come on and complain about the negative posts about HAL. Now the question, If you believe that everything he or they write is to negative and you don’t like it, Why do you keep reading them and not ignore them. If I find someone who offends me or I just don’t like what they write I just don’t open their threads.

If I’ve offended anyone with this question it was not my intent. Have a great day!

First let me say that I not writing this to offend anyone only to learn. I am like that cat that curiosity killed I have to ask this question. I’ve noticed that on Dr. Dawg’s posts and some others the same people always come on and complain about the negative posts about HAL. Now the question, If you believe that everything he or they write is to negative and you don’t like it, Why do you keep reading them and not ignore them. If I find someone who offends me or I just don’t like what they write I just don’t open their threads.

If I’ve offended anyone with this question it was not my intent. Have a great day!

You just hit one out of the park trikeman!:)

As others have asked, where is the "like" button?!

Actually, the opening words of drdawg's OP made me laugh - I've seen the negative remarks to and about him, thread after thread, by the same set of people who can't wait to point out what they perceive as his negativity, and I fully understand why he might not include those posters in his circle of "friends"...

My observation is that one negative post multiplies into 20 negative posts like a farmer that has 2 rabbits, and wakes up one day a short time later to find his barnyard full of rabbits.....!!! :D

My observation is that one negative post multiplies into 20 negative posts like a farmer that has 2 rabbits, and wakes up one day a short time later to find his barnyard full of rabbits.....!!! :D

I was a rabbit farmer in my younger years and this was a good thing. :D

Archived