Hopefully 'Live' from Ocean Princess. 6-14 August

cinnamon

Just seen a one woman show at the Fringe Festival by Eilish O'Carroll, she is in a popular comedy show on the BBC but used to belong to my amateur theatre group over 20 years ago.

Quite an experience being part of the Fringe. Will shortly retrace our steps back to the ship. Weary but happy.

Back onboard now after our final port stop. There are 30 taxis which operate between the Terminal and Inverkeithing station. Cost of £6.80 each way, even divided by only two of us was substantially cheaper than the Princess shuttle.

Tonight's entertainment is a Scottish Folkloric show. We shall have another try at the music quiz I think. Open seating for dinner so will probably go around 7.00 or 7.30.

I have quite a lot of Internet minutes left so feel free to ask any questions, those who are on subsequent UK cruises on this beautiful ship.

Back onboard now after our final port stop. There are 30 taxis which operate between the Terminal and Inverkeithing station. Cost of £6.80 each way, even divided by only two of us was substantially cheaper than the Princess shuttle.

Tonight's entertainment is a Scottish Folkloric show. We shall have another try at the music quiz I think. Open seating for dinner so will probably go around 7.00 or 7.30.

I have quite a lot of Internet minutes left so feel free to ask any questions, those who are on subsequent UK cruises on this beautiful ship.

Loving the uptotheminute info. We are embarking on Wednesday. Is there a shuttle directly into Edinburgh? If so how much is Princess charging for this and for other shuttle transfers?

Mark

Thanks for taking time - on your holiday! - to tell us all about your cruise. very interesting and helpful. We look forward to our cruise on Wednesday.

What a super day. Had a lovely dinner, eating with a couple we have made friends with and another we hadn't met previously but who are really nice people. Came second on the Name that Tune Trivia and finished off chatting with others in the Tahitian Lounge.

What a great ship this is for friendship.

Loving the uptotheminute info. We are embarking on Wednesday. Is there a shuttle directly into Edinburgh? If so how much is Princess charging for this and for other shuttle transfers?

Mark

No direct shuttle. Easy enough though. Taxi to station and then a train every 10-15 minutes into Edinburgh Waverley. No need to use Princess shuttle as taxi is cheaper for 2 people.

Just met a lady who did the Tattoo in Edinburgh independently. When disembarking in the morning they found a taxi, took his card and booked him to come for them at 5.15 pm. They had to leave slightly before the End of the show to meet him where they had been dropped but made it back to the ship just after 11.00 pm. Cost was £30.00 each way plus tip.

We've had a very relaxing last day. Trivia and lying on the deck in the sunshine. Finished my second book on the Kindle and started a third. Very high energy Production shiow pre-dinner which we are just about to eat. I havve been very impressed with the singers and especially the dancers who put on a great entertainment on a small stage.

I haven't used all my minutes yet so will check again before bed in case there are any questions.

Corinne

Corinne, Thanks for the very useful updates. It sounds like you had a very enjoyable cruise.

I've just finished packing and will be boarding tomorrow for the same itinerary!

Have a good journey home

Carol

I'm sorry if you've already answered this, but who is the CD on the Ocean P now? Thanks!

Nevermind..... found the Picture, Jen the cruise director. :o

Jen is the deputy. The CD is Frank Castiglione from San Diego

Corinne, Thanks for the very useful updates. It sounds like you had a very enjoyable cruise.

I've just finished packing and will be boarding tomorrow for the same itinerary!

Have a good journey home

Carol

Trivias, crafts, you name it, they try to do it.

We have been back home again for a little over an hour after a very smooth disembarkation. We chose a latish time and was given 8.20 am. Our number was called right on time, luggage collected and we were into the car park ready to drive off by 8.32.

I have kept all the Princess Patters plus the list of disembarkation times for the various different forms of transport, so am happy to answer any further questions.

We have had a wonderful cruise, met some lovely people, both staff and passengers, eaten far too much delicious food and enjoyed all our ports to a greater or lesser extent. With hindsight we should have caught a local bus in Waterford out to the coast at Dunmore East, which I think we would have enjoyed more than just wandering around in the city. The weather there was mostly dull and we copped out a bit. The ports such as Dartmouth and Edinburgh, where we were more adventurous, ended up being more enjoyable.

It was my first experience of being Platinum level in the Captain's Circle. We went up to the special Cocktail lounge on 3 occasions but never saw more than 2 other couples in there. In the end I didn't actually use all my 250 minutes as they were not available this morning before leaving the ship. John is now Platinum too and we will certainly choose Ocean or Pacific Princess again as we love the smaller ships. Just have to keep looking for deals in 2014. :)

Bon Voyage to all those sailing on the UK departures of the Ocean Princess in the next few weeks.

Corinne

Thank you for posting during your cruise! I enjoyed reading it very much as we will be on the Ocean Princess in two weeks. I would like to hear more about Waterford as we don't know what to do there! I saw your comment about taking a bus to another town.

Thank you for posting during your cruise! I enjoyed reading it very much as we will be on the Ocean Princess in two weeks. I would like to hear more about Waterford as we don't know what to do there! I saw your comment about taking a bus to another town.

Thanks for your comments. In Waterford the free shuttle goes past the Bus station so you will see where it is on the river bank on your way into the city. We met someone who caught the local bus to Dunmore East on the coast. It is where the bigger ships dock and is a small fishing village. We would have preferred that to the ugly commercial area that OP uses. I had researched it in advance as we didn't know where we were due to go and liked the look of it. Had the weather been nicer we would have gone out there. About 15 miles I think.

Why they keep him is beyond me. He has to be the worst CD out there.

One to one he seems fine. When addressing groups, such as in the Cabaret Lounge, he adopts what to me seems a smarmy tone and style. We were disappointed in the Wake Show on the tv in the mornings. On previous Princess cruises these have been great fun, often interactive with passengers and sometimes a good double act with the deputy. Frank's shows were ad dry ad dust.

And that's a compliment. ;) Deputy Jen is a sweetie; could have let her run the whole enchilada and it would have been fun.

I agree, she is lovely, remembered us readily after one quick chat. Never failed to stop for a natter and is keen to read the blog!

Archived