Carnival Spirit -- A few questions

Hi All,

Myself and a group of 20 are off on the Spirit in a fortnight from today, and had a few questions that we're hoping the community can assist with:

1. On board shopping; whats available? Same as the other ships? Also, what brands of mens watches do they have?

2. Availability of food outside of dining room/buffet hours; is there a cut off? What time?

3. Themed nights; apparently there is a mexican themed night?

4. We aren't going to Vila, however will be going to Noumea, Suva, Denarau -- where would we get the best price on duty free alcohol?:D

5. Anything else we should know? Things to explore that we may not know of/be aware of?

Hi All,

Myself and a group of 20 are off on the Spirit in a fortnight from today, and had a few questions that we're hoping the community can assist with:

1. On board shopping; whats available? Same as the other ships? Also, what brands of mens watches do they have?

2. Availability of food outside of dining room/buffet hours; is there a cut off? What time?

4. We aren't going to Vila, however will be going to Noumea, Suva, Denarau -- where would we get the best price on duty free alcohol?:D

5. Anything else we should know? Things to explore that we may not know of/be aware of?

i havent been on the Spirit so i cant comment on the ship but if you want duty free alcohol its Noumea, when you get off the ship if you ask at the information desk in the terminal and they will give you a map and directions and you MUST take your passport to the duty free shop or you wont get served....they do take aussie $$$$ and they deliver to the ship

Hi All,

:)

Hi there

1. They have the usual brands stocked on cruise ships- men's watches - there were Citizen, and others but I can't remember what they were.

2. You can get pizza 24/7 from the pizza bar in the buffet area

3. Themed nights- Caribbean and Mexican

4. We bought duty free alcohol on board- cheaper than home in liquor shops.

5. Have a good time.

Hi did not look at the watches so can not advise.

24/7 pizza plus the ice cream machine also seemed to be open all the time.

They had one Mexican and one Island themed night though the cruise I was on not many people dressed for the occasion.

I think the alcohol on board at the duty free shop was cheaper then the ports.

The only possibility for duty free on your cruise would be Noumea where one of the duty free shops is 'Marlene'. As Bob said, you have to have your passport. The main problem I have seen at Marlene's is the small variety and quantity of alcohol available. Prices are OK on what they have. :)

My husband found the alcohol prices on board unbelievably cheap. Here's a couple of photos:ImageUploadedByForums1376221395.866847.jpg.6371e503be6ef6eeedeb1a9003dbfb49.jpg

My tip would be have a think about how you're going to keep in contact with your group to organise dinners, meeting up at the pool etc. I was in a group of ten (3 families) and it drove me completely bonkers trying to track people down - I once walked the decks for an hour and a half trying to find my husband. I wish there was some kind of text messaging system ....

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

ImageUploadedByForums1376221375.655177.jpg.f0b9a5765200a3dc67a91c1aa4adb3ef.jpg

My husband found the alcohol prices on board unbelievably cheap. Here's a couple of photos:[ATTACH]282188[/ATTACH][ATTACH]282189[/ATTACH]

My tip would be have a think about how you're going to keep in contact with your group to organise dinners, meeting up at the pool etc. I was in a group of ten (3 families) and it drove me completely bonkers trying to track people down - I once walked the decks for an hour and a half trying to find my husband. I wish there was some kind of text messaging system ....

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

I have seen people using walkie talkies to find each other but I have found that when I travel with a large crowd we find it best to do our own thing but make a meeting time and place each day. It is also best if some one is 'tour leader' and tours etc are directed through them and they can keep a run sheet of restaurant or tour bookings etc

Cruise Love

Just further to some of the last posters....

Duty Free definitely cheaper on board. The only place it was cheaper was Vila, which you are not going to. But be quick, as they do run out of some things.

Pizzas are good, but they make to order, so a 10-15 minute wait. The pizza bar is in the buffet area.

The best coffee is made by Jerlyn downstairs on Deck 2 I think....next to the lounge.

I have a question regarding cruise credits on Carnival Spirit. Do carnival have a system similar to Princess (seeing Carnival own Princess) for passenger ratings, e.g. Gold, Platinum and Elite? We are Platinum with Princess but does this hold any recognition with Carnival and does a cruise on Carnival Spirit accrue credits to Princess. For instance, we were credited for a P&O cruise back in the eighties by Princess towards our Elite status so are cruises with Carnival also credited by Princess?

John

I have a question regarding cruise credits on Carnival Spirit. Do carnival have a system similar to Princess (seeing Carnival own Princess) for passenger ratings, e.g. Gold, Platinum and Elite? We are Platinum with Princess but does this hold any recognition with Carnival and does a cruise on Carnival Spirit accrue credits to Princess. For instance, we were credited for a P&O cruise back in the eighties by Princess towards our Elite status so are cruises with Carnival also credited by Princess?

John

i believe with Spirit you get zilch, we havent cruised on Spirit as yet so you would start off as a newbie

John

Carnival have a loyalty scheme called VIFP (Very Important Fun Person) scheme, but cruises on Carnival don't count towards your Princess loyalty level. Our cruises on Carnival and HAL don't count on Princess.

We were on the Spirit from Honolulu to Sydney last year. We bought our duty free liquor on board, cheap as chips. They had a surf brand shop, can't remember brand tho sorry. Pizzas were delicious. Cooking to order a bonus as was always fresh. Breakfast at buffet on Lido, go to pizza bar for fresh poached eggs - delicious!! Make sure you go on Green Thunder - so much fun!! Spend a night on Serenity Deck in one of the clam shells. Very comfy, very romantic, gorgeous. Just make sure your doona - yes send the man to get it from your cabin - is up off the deck as they hose the deck at about 5am. I'm sure our steward is still wondering what we did to absolutely drench a doona!! The jungle area is difficult to find and is a great place to spend a quiet hour or so reading. Mmmmm, I'm sure I've forgotten more, but she's a great ship with friendly crew and I. Sure you'll have a ball!! I know what I forgot, you have to try the cheesecake in the steak restaurant - delicious!! Our two slices lasted us three days they were so big!! Oh and o the behind the scenes tour - expensive, but WELL worth it.

Hi All,

Citizen was the most stocked brand of watch however, there were other speciality watches for diving etc.

Pizza available 24 hours Deli open till very late ( excellent toasted sandwiches and wraps) 24 hour tea coffee and ice cream.

Mexican and Island themed nights.

Duty free alcohol on board excellent prices with specials early in cruise (2x1LT bottles Jim Beam for $30) best range I have seen on any ship.

Thank you for the information everyone! It has been very helpful.

A week to go and I haven't had a chance to start packing!

Regarding communicating and meeting, we are all fairly experienced cruisers (all having been on 4 - 7 cruises) so we often set breakfast/lunch/dinner times for sea days and non-sea days and that way if someone wants to do their own thing they can, or if they get separated, can always meet up again soon.

Archived