guys burgers

golfer1903

I couldn't wait for Guys Burger on the ship and BOY was I dissapointed. The burger was thrown together and was very greasy but the fries were excellent. I did not go back and eat another burger to give it anotehr try unfortunatley maybe next cruise. I did like the blue Iguana with the shrimp fajita and the fish and chips was great. I also agree get the fries from guys instead of the fish and chips station

I agree about Guy's Burgers but I disagree about Guys fries. We have always received mushy, lukewarm fries. I love the fries at the fish and chips station. They have been so crunchy and ALWAYS hot.

I agree about Guy's Burgers but I disagree about Guys fries. We have always received mushy, lukewarm fries. I love the fries at the fish and chips station. They have been so crunchy and ALWAYS hot.

That's why you ask for unseasoned fries. They always come hot out of the deep fryer (not that I know this from first hand knowledge :) )

Nope. I remember this place called Del Taco...omg...they had the best burgers and the lettuce was shredded. It was soooooooooooooooooo good. I hate they closed.

When I was in LA some years ago I saw several Del Taco's thinking it was the same establishment that was once in Houston....it wasn't. :(

And though I don't eat soup (I can't remember who commented about the food servings at Fish & Chips)' date=' I never noticed soup on the menu for the one on Valor. They also didn't have the other things you mentioned. All they had was fish, chips, fries, and sushi.[/quote']

Not to go OT but we are talking about burgers. Lol

I worked at Del Taco when I was a teen in Houston. Tell you why the burgers were so good. The dressing was a mix of mayo, buttermilk and a whole bunch of Accent brand MSG!!!

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Forums mobile app

Never had fish and chips in England (I was a silly high schooler when I visited England and remember going to get pizza and McDonald's a couple of times for lunch SMH) but the fish and chips at Epcot were very good :D

The Fish & Chips at Epcot were awful, small, greasy and expensive. Never again. If you liked those however, that's cool. The ships' fish is better.

The Fish & Chips at Epcot were awful, small, greasy and expensive. Never again. If you liked those however, that's cool. The ships' fish is better.

Perhaps you got a bad batch or maybe things have changed since 2008 but I know good fried fish when I have it. I actually found the fish and oysters pretty greasy on my last cruise on the Liberty. Every cook has a bad day.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S4

Not to go OT but we are talking about burgers. Lol

I worked at Del Taco when I was a teen in Houston. Tell you why the burgers were so good. The dressing was a mix of mayo, buttermilk and a whole bunch of Accent brand MSG!!!

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Forums mobile app

Wait, what?

I love good fish n chips...is this available on the Triumph or no? I know that both Guy's Burger Joint and the Blue Iguana taco bar are.

Does anyone know if there is a Fish n Chips station on the Legend when the 2.0 upgrades are done? We are going on the Canal crossing right after that and I'm afraid that the 2.0 will NOT include Guy's and the BlueIguana, which I've become spoiled to. The Red Frog BAR and Blue Iguana BAR aren't what I'm looking for.

Nope. I remember this place called Del Taco...omg...they had the best burgers and the lettuce was shredded. It was soooooooooooooooooo good. I hate they closed.

When I was in LA some years ago I saw several Del Taco's thinking it was the same establishment that was once in Houston....it wasn't. :(

I can't speak from experience about those locations in LA, but Del Taco HAS re-entered a few markets recently -- there are now three locations open in the Atlanta metro area, with hopefully more to come.

And yes, the burgers are just as awesome as they used to be...for one thing, they're always fresh-made. :)

(Atlanta folks: the three locations are in Snellville, Smyrna and the Kennesaw/Marietta area.)

Is there a Guy's burger, Blue Iguana or Cantina on the Dream?

Sorry, but no. All they got was the renaming of a couple bars, renaming of the candy store, & renaming of the comedy club. So it has the Blue Iguana bar (and the Red Frog bar), but not the cantina. Still didn't stop us from booking my 3rd trip on the Dream. Great ship, tons of entertainment and eating options. I just came off a ship with Guys & the cantina, but I probably won't even care that the Dream doesn't have them.

Does anyone know if there is a Fish n Chips station on the Legend when the 2.0 upgrades are done? We are going on the Canal crossing right after that and I'm afraid that the 2.0 will NOT include Guy's and the BlueIguana, which I've become spoiled to. The Red Frog BAR and Blue Iguana BAR aren't what I'm looking for.

I don't know what will be added with the 2.0 thing, but Fish n Chips is not a part of 2.0. Those were originally put on the 5 Conquest class ships only, and as far as I know, there are no plans to include it on any other ship. Sorry.

Archived