What would you change first?

Some have mentioned the issue of rotten kids.I agree better parenting from some would be great but don't believe this is a strictly Carnival issue.

My Glory Cruise had over 600 kids on it . I thought they were mostly very well behaved.

The issue was the ship was at 120 % occupancy. Not a kid issue but a crowding one.

Maybe you should see someone about all these issues you have with Carnival. It's one thing to not like something and stop purchasing it, but your obsession with the things you hate about Carnival seems to be a little over the top and it definately can't be a healthy for you to dwell on it as much as you do:rolleyes:.

All true but don't argue with the haters. For some reason they feel superior to the fanatics and as you can see they get hostile when you call them on it.

Here's something that will help keep you from wanting to step foot on a CCL ship again:

It is night one-You are in the theater and the dancers come out dancing to "Anchors Aweigh", then the rock version is played while they take off their clothes, while the stupid white inflatable ship is brought out.

I don't have any objections to Las Vegas style shows though after seeing as many as I have they all start to seem the same.

All I can say is I love, love, love their beds, and PLEASE do not change. I am cruising on Princess this time (because of the time I am doing it, and work), and I am dreading the HARD beds they have. I would welcome Carnival beds anytime. :)

There is no comparison between service received in MDR in 2002, versus service in MDR in 2013. There are fewer waitstaff who are so busy, they have little time for personal service. Food arrives cold and sometimes never arrives at all. I still feel like I'm getting my money's worth, since the prices of cruises are less now, but I have to admit service in the MDR is lacking.

We've never had any problems in the MDR due to lack of wait staff or waiting for our meal. What problems we did have in the MDR was being seated with people we had nothing in common with and language barriers. Any time dining took care of that. We haven't really seen much of a change that has affected us.

If you were in charge of turning things back around for Carnival in terms of starting to lose even their cheerleaders to other cruiselines what would you change first? I would add more waiters/waitresses to the dining rooms. Then i would add the Steel Drum Bands back to the Lido deck. A few more thing but i feel these are the main problems

1. Bring back more smoking areas. Cigar bar, Piano bar, ANY bar other than 4 seats of one bar.

2. MDR - I really, really miss when the waiters had time to pamper and make relationships with passengers. Also on my last two cruises they have drastically cut back on the DR entertainment. I guess they don't have time. It's just not as enjoyable anymore.

Hot breakfast items (eggs, French toast, etc) on RS menu.

Creme brûlée on every day dessert menu.

My thought is that by the time it takes to deliver hot food through RS it would be cold. Eggs get cold fast. Then people would complain that the food was cold. I'd bet thats the reason for no hot breakfast items.

Name one. The days of women dancing around to

cover songs are long gone. Vegas now has Blue Men Group, broadway shows and Cirque Soleil.

The show at Bally's is still like that. Sorry, guess you better write your congressman to get that one removed.

I would start a new event on the ships. Plank walking for the whiners and complainers :p

I think that some passengers would volunteer to walk the plank. I heard that the first plank to be installed will be on the Triumph. Carnival could charge for it to keep the line shorter...

not sure what you are asking for but income is up, profits are way up, occupancy is up, what needs turning around?

I've been happy with Carnival. Of course there are different things people like, but nothing to turn around. I, for instance, hate steel drums...too corny while on a caribbean vacation.

Just curious how do you know income and profits are up? Remember the OP is talking about Carnival cruise line not Carnival Corp.

I would change the shows back to real shows with props and a band.

Also bring back a real captains night - formal night - where everyone dressed up, met the captain in a receiving line then danced and drank before dinner.

If you were in charge of turning things back around for Carnival in terms of starting to lose even their cheerleaders to other cruiselines what would you change first? I would add more waiters/waitresses to the dining rooms. Then i would add the Steel Drum Bands back to the Lido deck. A few more thing but i feel these are the main problems

I would:

Improve the food to 2002 - 2008-ish quality & menu selection standards

Bring back steel drum bands on Lido

Bring back quality piano bar singers

Archived