Carnival Stock

Arizona Laura

I am already booked on cruises on 9/22 and 10/31. If I buy the 100 shares now, will the shareholder benefit qualify for cruises already booked?

It will. It doesn't matter when you bought them, as long as you can provide a proof of stockholder eligibility in time for your cruise. You still have plenty of time to send the request for the OBC for both the cruise dates you listed, so, if you are so inclined, buy the stock and get your OBC.

For me, my money doesn't earn enough to make it worth having it in an interest account when I can get an immediate reward for owning the stock. This way I get the OBC, and it isn't shown as income.

Actually you are not correct. Stockholder benefit is for parent company Carnival Corp and will work for any of the companies owned by the parent.

Did it with HAL last year too

Did it with Costa too:p

Well, then I have to apologize for passing along advice that I had received from someone else. I was told all benefits earned under one cruise line (such as Platinum status) was not honored by the other cruise lines under the Carnival umbrella.

Well, then I have to apologize for passing along advice that I had received from someone else. I was told all benefits earned under one cruise line (such as Platinum status) was not honored by the other cruise lines under the Carnival umbrella.

The VIFP loyalty program is Carnival Cruise Line specific. The shareholder benefit is not specific to Carnival Cruise Line. It's a corporation wide benefit. Here are the details

http://phx.corporate-ir.net/External.File?item=UGFyZW50SUQ9MTc1NDY5fENoaWxkSUQ9LTF8VHlwZT0z&t=1

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S4

No problem. Any chance to make up for it you would agree to smuggle a bottle of wine for me?icon7.gif

My husband owns 100 shares and we always get the OBC. If I also buy 100 shares can we get another $100 OBC we can get? We are on the same booking number.

No, you will not get another $100 unless you have two cabins. We always cruise with kids. An extra OBC is one of the reasons we always try to book two cabins.

I purchased Carnival stock last January and have used the OBC 3 times with $100 each time. I have not received a dividend yet. Do they usually mail these to you?

They should be in your brokage account.

They should be in your brokage account.

Thanks for the information. I was able to find where 2 of the dividends have already been deposited. The stock is down about 40 cents a share from when I bought it, but I've gotten 3 OBCs and two dividends, so I am still way ahead of the game.

Here are the details:

http://phx.corporate-ir.net/External.File?item=UGFyZW50SUQ9MTc1NDY5fENoaWxkSUQ9LTF8VHlwZT0z&t=1

I bought shares in late June when it was pretty low and booked a cruise in late July for a cruise in November. Emailed them my first statement and was given $100 OBC within a couple of days. I don't really know if they re-verify if I am still a shareholder closer to the cruise date but I don't intend on selling anytime soon.

They don't have time to do that kind of checking. My next cruise is November and I got the credit last May. I sold some of my Carnival since but still hold the 100 shares. But there has been times when I sailed with the credit after selling and not owning anything.

wow 1000 shares do you know something i dont know. I bought my 100 shares about a yr ago and getting my 3rd obc off of in coming up in October so definitely pays you back. Plus quarterly dividends help

Stock market lesson #2 when someone thinks it's time to buy someone else thinks it's time to sell. Lesson #1 Buy low, sell high. lol

Please can someone clarify: I own 100 shares, I haven't had a chance to use this benefit yet. I do have a cruise booked for Jan 2014. I have 2 cabins booked, so my OBC will be $100 each cabin, Yes?

Also, if I booked lets say 3 cruises in a year, I will get my OBC for each cruise and as many cabins booked? Am I understanding this correctly?

Thanks in advance for your help

~Sweet~

You get 1 shareholder OBC for whatever cabin you are booked in. You can use this benefit unlimited times per year, but not per cruise as "you" can only be booked in 1 cabin. At least 1 person per cabin must own 100 shares of stock, if there are multiple shareholders for example me and my husband in the same cabin you still only get 1 per cabin. If we book multiple cabins we can put his name on one and my name on the other so both cabins can get OBC.

Archived