Key West Pub Crawl

barbgeo

Hi Group,

Sailing imagination on Nov 2nd. Pub crawl seems to be the choice of our group while in Key West. I see that some folks pre register is this some thing we need to do? Does it actually sell out??? Can anyone who has done this share on your thoughts. Thanks

Geo of BarbGeo

It is fun, but I think you can do it on your own with no problem. The ship docs right in downtown Key West. There are many, many bars on the main drag. Regardless of how you do it, have a fabulous time.:D

Hi Group,

Sailing imagination on Nov 2nd. Pub crawl seems to be the choice of our group while in Key West. I see that some folks pre register is this some thing we need to do? Does it actually sell out??? Can anyone who has done this share on your thoughts. Thanks

Geo of BarbGeo

You really don't need an excursion to do a walking tour (or pub crawl) of Key West. Almost everything is on Duvall Street and is a short walk. There's a website HERE that lets you plan a walking tour (or pub crawl) of your own. The natives are more than friendly; they're downright helpful. :D

I've done it twice and it's lots of fun and well worth the cost. You get a drink at each bar and a tee shirt. Great information from the tour guy/gal with some great humor. Can meet some other cool fellow pub crawlers too.

Have a great cruise!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk. Please excuse any typographical errors.

GREAT FUN and a little history thrown in for good measure. You can do it on your own, but you do leave Duvall street and would probably miss those pubs off of Duvall. Also, I won the prize at the end of the tour!:D One of the few Carnival sponsored tours that we actually thought was worth the price. I would make reservations before getting on board as it has sold out on several of out cruises.

Keith

Feb last year my husband and brother-in-law did the pub crawl while we were in Key West. They thoroughly enjoyed it, and thought it was probably better than if they had just gone to bars on their own. While they did that, my sister-in-law and I went on the City View Trolley to see the town, and enjoyed that.

If my wife and I do this in December when we stop in Key West, will our 17yo be able to walk with us, do you think? My wife likes to put a few back when we are on vacation but I don't want our daughter to go off on her own. Figure if we are with a group like this we are sure not to miss the ship. None of the others with our group going with us will want to do this. I don't want us to miss our ship.

We did the pub crawl in May and absolutely LOVED it! My huband is wanting to do it again in November.....I wonder if they change t-shirts....the t-shirt we got was a nice one ....and with the drinks and the guide it was well worth the money.

My son and his girl friend did the Carnival Pub crawl in July when we were in Key West on the Freedom and they loved it. It was on the first day of the cruise and they met friends that they enjoyed seeing, talking to and hanging out with through out the rest of the cruise.

My wife and I and our daughter and her friend (both 17 yrs old) did the City View Trolley and got on and off whenever we wanted to. The trolley drivers tell some great stories, share some history and make it fun. We had plenty of time to shop, had a great lunch, had some key lime pie. A wonderful day. ENJOY!:cool:

It is a lot of fun in Key West to go to all the Bars along Duval Street. But you can definitely do it on your own and have more fun because then you can go to the bars that you want to and spend the time that you want to at each one

Be sure to make a stop oat Hog's Breath and for sure visit Captain Tony's.

There are several bars that claim Hemingway, but it was Captain Tony's where Hemingway would tie one on!!!!!

PS..this is the Captain Tony's referred in the Jimmy Buffet song, Last Mango in Paris.

If it's by day, not all have live music and might not be the fun you're expecting until after 5 o'clock.

Irish Kevin's is a piano bar that is quite fun in the daytime as well. :D

Hog's Breath normally has someone playing Jimmy Buffet type of music. :)

LuLu

~~~~

Archived