Should I make this cruise change?

Cinedan

Thanks so much, everyone! You guys helped me make up my mind. Screw the Splendor!:D

Being from Michigan, I want all the warm days I can get in Jan! The thought of flying to a freezing and possibly snowy NYC sucks!

The balcony upgrade would be about $700 more on the Freedom:eek:! I'll stick with my 4J with its secret deck just outside my window!

Smart choice, Cinedan. We did that itinerary on Freedom this past January and loved it.

Thanks so much, everyone! You guys helped me make up my mind. Screw the Splendor!:D

Being from Michigan, I want all the warm days I can get in Jan! The thought of flying to a freezing and possibly snowy NYC sucks!

The balcony upgrade would be about $700 more on the Freedom:eek:! I'll stick with my 4J with its secret deck just outside my window!

I would keep checking your price not sure when in January you are going but the 01-11-14 cruise has a Michigan rate maybe that will help you.

Stay with what you have and try to change to a balcony. Leaving out of NYC is hit or miss being really cold or mild like in the low 40s as a high. Rough seas are a good chance on a day going or coming or like what happened to us last year not at all, I too like rough seas. Then of course there may or may not be snow. Finally I have to ask why give up those Ports for the Bahamas?

Sent from my XT907 using Forums mobile app

I really didn't want to give up the Freedom ports at all. I just got excited about getting my first balcony for such a low price. I was willing to give up the good ports for a balcony. After thinking it over and reading my replies, I figured I would not be happy on the Splendor.

I know you made your mind, but another vote for Freedom! St.Maartin is beautiful and Carnival has lowered calls there, so take it up while you can. Visit Virgin Gorda at Tortola. You have, in my opinion, the best itinerary Carnival offers. So as a song once said "Take the money and run", but here, I say "Take the Freedom and cruise".

I know you made your mind, but another vote for Freedom! St.Maartin is beautiful and Carnival has lowered calls there, so take it up while you can. Visit Virgin Gorda at Tortola. You have, in my opinion, the best itinerary Carnival offers. So as a song once said "Take the money and run", but here, I say "Take the Freedom and cruise".

Yep! St. Maartin is the main reason I booked this cruise. I will post a link of very good quality HD video I will shoot of the jets flying in over Maho Beach!

Saling out of NYC at that time will be very cold until you reach florida.... Same on the way back. So 4 of your 8 days would be cold.

Exactly! The itinerary on the Freedom is much better too.

Enjoy your cruise regardless of which one you chose!

I think the Bahamas ports are mediocre, but Pt. Canaveral as a destination??? This has to be in the running for worst port of call Carnival sails to. Wanna hit a good old american style strip mall, check. Mediocre beaches with cloudy green water, check. McDonald's, check.

It really depends on what YOU enjoy. If you're delighted just being on the ship for 8 days, I'd go with the Spendor, since you really want a balcony. BUT, if you enjoy getting off the ship at different ports, you should stick with the Freedom. It has a much better itinerary. Either way, I hope you have a fabulous cruise.

p.s., keep checking fares. It's possible the Freedom balconies may come down in price and you can upgrade for little money. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you.

I agree, and pre- or post- cruise land vacation in New York City is icing on the cake! :)

Archived