Eclipse - obstructed view rooms - how bad?

Hi there, just about to book our first cruise - we've left it a bit late and the cruise leaves on 6th October so there are limited choices for rooms. I particularly want a verandah stateroom - in that category my choices are far forward on the vista deck, or midship with obstructed views on the continental deck - or an aft room on the same deck. Or should i throw caution to the wind and go for a guarantee....

This is so complicated!

Thanks Pol:)

Hi there, just about to book our first cruise - we've left it a bit late and the cruise leaves on 6th October so there are limited choices for rooms. I particularly want a verandah stateroom - in that category my choices are far forward on the vista deck, or midship with obstructed views on the continental deck - or an aft room on the same deck. Or should i throw caution to the wind and go for a guarantee....

This is so complicated!

Thanks Pol:)

If this is your first cruise you may be better off getting something in the middle of the ship. You can certainly more movement in the forward section.

I'm surprised there are Aft cabins available since there are people that will Only cruise in those. But again, you can feel some movement there and for a first cruise I'd probably take a mid ship cabin.

Alan & Regina

Take the guarantee if it saves you money. This is your first cruise. Look at it as being a learning experience. It makes no sense to worry about trivial things that you know nothing about or experienced.

Everyone has their own preferences, wants and needs that may not be what you want.

No matter what cabin you get it will be enjoyable. After being on a ship you will know what you prefer for your next cruise.

thanks all - that is exactly what I've done :) Now going to suss out the beverage packages... more decisions!

Fingers crossed. We did our first Celebrity trip on Eclipse in July and booked a guarantee balcony. We were allocated a 1B cabin on the hump on Deck 9 so were extremely pleased however for what we paid we would have still been happy with a 2D.

Thanks for the pic - did you feel your view was obstructed - or was it not a problem?

Hi Swimming with Spaniels:

I hope that you realize that the photo A Sixth posted is of a 2D cabin on Deck 6. You are three grades higher than that, in a 2A, and your view will not be anything like that. You will not have anything sticking up above the floor of your veranda.

You got a great location at a great price. Enjoy your cruise!!

Hi Swimming with Spaniels:

I hope that you realize that the photo A Sixth posted is of a 2D cabin on Deck 6. You are three grades higher than that, in a 2A, and your view will not be anything like that. You will not have anything sticking up above the floor of your veranda.

You got a great location at a great price. Enjoy your cruise!!

Missed the post where SWS had been assigned a higher category.

As I recall 2A's are not obscured.

The OP posted "Eclipse - obstructed view rooms - how bad?"... IMHO they aren't that bad.... if the price is right (Our's was $1,000.00 cheaper for two weeks over a 2c)

Well worth the stress of a few days waiting and wondering:)

Well, I'm truly envious. I also got a guarantee cabin for the first time and received my cabin number almost 9 weeks from the Eclipse. However, I now know a little more about these grades, and checked my info I am not on 2D Thank God, but 2C Deck 6. I look forward to a wonderful cruise 31 Oct 2013. The view from 6192 was scary.

Lilyrose123

Well, I'm truly envious. I also got a guarantee cabin for the first time and received my cabin number almost 9 weeks from the Eclipse. However, I now know a little more about these grades, and checked my info I am not on 2D Thank God, but 2C Deck 6. I look forward to a wonderful cruise 31 Oct 2013. The view from 6192 was scary.

Lilyrose123

And that is one of the better 2d cabins:)

Archived