Weather in Aug for islands

I am looking at going to the islands (Noumea etc) around this time next year from Sydney.

Could anyone tell me if it is too cold to travel at this time as l would love the kids to swim in the beaches and have fun on the ships water area too.

Thanks.

I see you are from Victoria, so you will probably find it warm enough. I'm from Brisbane, and it would probably be a bit chilly for me. Noumea is a similar latitude to Rockhampton in Queensland and the other islands cruises often calla at are a bit further north.

A friend of mine just returned from a South Pacific cruise on P&O Pearl. She said the weather was coolish.....water in New Caledonia was cool and so was the pool water on the ship. Most days were around 24 degrees.

For Melburnians Princess have a 12 day cruise in October 2014 from Melbourne round trip to New Caledonia and Noumea . Well priced and good time to go . Average temp at that time 23 - 24 degrees C .

Pity Princess do not run this itinerary in June and July when Victorians want to get away from the freezing cold weather . Average temps in the South Pacific at that time 24 - 27 degrees c .

I did a 9 night on carnival spirit around New Caledonia which left on 27 July and returned on 5 August. Definitely warm enough to swim - lots of passengers got sunburnt! Even the day before we got back to Sydney people were still in the water albeit mostly in the spa. Most of the days it was shorts and tshirt weather, I only wore track pants one day and lots of other people were still in their shorts.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Archived