Daily Clothes Planning Spreadsheet

OK.... I think I've managed to attach it. Beware my spreadsheet is very colourful ( I look at spreadsheets all day at work so my home ones tend to be a bit more funky so i don't go insane!!) :D

If you want to ask me anything go for it..... and dont forget you will probably have to customize it for your needs.

Shoot I guess that didn't work the link comes up invalid...... sorry. Anyone know how i can share my spreadsheet? Or will i just have to take pics of it and post them :rolleyes:

I was able to open the attached excel spreadsheet!

I do the same thing but prefer making separate pages/tables - then keep them all in a 'cruise binder' along with reservations/vouchers, excursion info, etc all with separate tabs - much easier to pull out what I need when I need it instead of having to open the whole spreadsheet...

Edited by Froufie

A month or so before packing, I put together different versions of how my clothes can be worn together and take photos with my I-phone. You think you will remember, but I never do without this helpful way to remember! Also, comfortable slip-resistant shoes are so important. You walk a lot, go on excursions and climb many stairs! My other tip is to bring a lightweight jacket -even if it's a Carribean cruise. Nights on ships even in this area get really windy and cooler - at least in March/April. I differ in opinion of those I've read on this site that recommend packing light. I bring a lot, but pack very compactly. We do so many different things on the ship and off and I like to be prepared with plenty to pick from. I've always ended up on the last day down to one last outfit to wear traveling home. The last thing I want to do on the ship is laundry!

I am one of those who can't decide what to pack or wear... I tend to overpack.. So I came up with a solution that helps me. I made a daily clothes spreadsheet (see below)... I also use a detailed packing list for other essentials.. Spreadsheet just helps me out planning what to pack without out emptying out all my drawers' date=' closets, etc.[/b']

Plus, organizing and planning for a cruise is half the fun!!! :D

I don't follow the chart to a T. I do switch outfits up when I'm on board. I don't know the exact dates when Formal Nights are. I just plan on two...

As you can see, some days aren't filled in completely, some have no details because I never know what day of the week the cruise will start... Sometimes it's Saturday other times it could be mid-week. I free-hand it in according to the start of the cruise. ...

bf9cefa5-3c58-45b3-86a7-2267e90942b7_zps79b65a2b.jpg

OMG! You must be my long-lost, twin sister! LOL! I've been doing my outfit spreadsheet for years! And you are so right...planning for your cruise is half the fun. Some people don't care what they wear but I've always loved fashion and I love going through my closet, doing some shopping for my cruise, and putting outfits together. :D

Yes! I just put a bunch of my outfits together today and snapped photos so I can remember how things can switch around. It is fun and makes me feel better! Especially since its freezing where I live so it's nice to think warm sunny thoughts! I have big plastic tub I put things in as I think of it like a belt or wrist purse, sunscreen, etc. it really makes packing day easier! We go the end of March.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I was able to open the attached excel spreadsheet!

I do the same thing but prefer making separate pages/tables - then keep them all in a 'cruise binder' along with reservations/vouchers, excursion info, etc all with separate tabs - much easier to pull out what I need when I need it instead of having to open the whole spreadsheet...

Im so glad it worked! :)

Most of my planner is for at home - pre-cruise planning. The only pages I print and take with me are the info, itinerary and clothes planning spreadsheet (which keeps me right on what goes with what)

Sparkles,

Carolyn,

Other Spreadsheet Junkies,

Welcome! It's funny - I had the same reaction: I have found my peeps!! BTW, we are not OCD, we just have an attention to detail. It's the same way I look at being cheap - I'm not cheap, I'm just smart with my money. :D

I posted my spreadsheet around post #99 and love to see other spreadsheets too. I just got back from 17 days in South America/Antarctica and the 'sheets were invaluable. I love the idea of the first tab being emergency and travel info. I have that in a seperate spreadsheet, but will add that to the "main" spreadsheet moving forward.

Pam

• 2 weeks later...

I'm new to cruising and as such, do not own cruise-appropriate clothing. So, I've been shopping and searching and buying and I copied some of your spreadsheets and it's really kept me from over-spending and over-packing. I can match each day's activities with an outfit or two and while some might call it OCD - how awful to live in the sticks and realize the day before your cruise that you don't own a sundress? Or take a 7 day cruise and buy 12 sundresses?

It's really helped me keep my spending in check because i don't wear "nice summer clothes" at home, so I only need enough for my cruise. I can look through the spreadsheet and see where I have enough here, but need something there. And I don't need to pack every summer outfit I own.

Just wanted to let ya'll know that you're not crazy or OCD, you're just great planners. And you've helped a total stranger along the way. So . . . thanks!:D

Have any of you been to Cabo in March/April? I'm wondering about whether I'm bringing too many Carribean-weather outfits. I'm hearing its not that hot. Then again, I'm from Missouri and hot right now would be 50:)

I used to pack an outfit for every night. Believe it or not, I just finished a 27-day cruise packed in just a carry-on and a backpack. We now get free fights from some friends who work for the airlines, so we fly stand-by and need to keep our bags with us. It was tight, but I made it! Did lots of wash and mixed and matched my clothes. It worked out well. I'll never pack in a big suitcase again. It's amazing what you can get by with. And nobody else really cares about your clothes, anyway, as long as you look nice.

Wow that is amazing! I'm very impressed! I usually take a large suitcase and a carryon, plus a tote bag for a 7-day cruise. I'm seriously listening to you light packers and I'm going to try it on a small level. Going to visit the folks in FL for two weeks. I'll plan it out and see if I can get it all into just a carryon and a tote bag. (I've got backup clothes at my parent's house just in case it doesn't work for me. LOL!:eek:) The DH would be very happy if I did succeed at traveling lighter.:D Thanks for all the tips!:D

Rescue Dog 2.

It's true, my SIL has a timeshare in Cabo and I have been there during just about every month at one time or another. While the days may be warm/hot in March and April it can be cool at nights with the breeze and all. So I'd say to just add a light cotton sweater, hoody, or jacket (I usually take a jeans one) just in case. You can wear it on the plane up and back. Just a hint...I'm from CA and originally from FL so to me anything under about 70 is cool to me. LOL!

Edited by mousey

Wow that is amazing! I'm very impressed! I usually take a large suitcase and a carryon, plus a tote bag for a 7-day cruise. I'm seriously listening to you light packers and I'm going to try it on a small level. Going to visit the folks in FL for two weeks. I'll plan it out and see if I can get it all into just a carryon and a tote bag. (I've got backup clothes at my parent's house just in case it doesn't work for me. LOL!:eek:) The DH would be very happy if I did succeed at traveling lighter.:D Thanks for all the tips!:D

Rescue Dog 2.

It's true, my SIL has a timeshare in Cabo and I have been there during just about every month at one time or another. While the days may be warm/hot in March and April it can be cool at nights with the breeze and all. So I'd say to just add a light cotton sweater, hoody, or jacket (I usually take a jeans one) just in case. You can wear it on the plane up and back. Just a hint...I'm from CA and originally from FL so to me anything under about 70 is cool to me. LOL!

Mousey, just wanted to say I thought your first post on the other thread was very nice and certainly reasonable. You were wise to walk away, wish I had sooner;)

Mousey, just wanted to say I thought your first post on the other thread was very nice and certainly reasonable. You were wise to walk away, wish I had sooner;)

Thank you so much! I felt bad that my post was taken the wrong way. I let my DH read what I had posted and he didn't see where anyone should have taken issue with it. But you know CelticGirl Cruiser you just can't please everyone! Thanks so much for your support. Really, I feel a lot better now.:D

• 2 weeks later...

One week until our cruise! I thought this thread would appreciate knowing I'm almost packed. If only we could have irons on the ship! I will be the wrinkled one since everything's been folded since last month - ha ha:)

One week until our cruise! I thought this thread would appreciate knowing I'm almost packed. If only we could have irons on the ship! I will be the wrinkled one since everything's been folded since last month - ha ha:)

If you are sailing on Carnival...don't know what cruise line you're on...they have a wash room where you can do laundry and they have an ironing board and iron (I've only had to use it once ever...the DS waited til the last min. to pack and his formal night shirt got crushed...so...mom to the rescue! LOL!). You can also always have anything you want to wear that is too wrinkled sent out for ironing (although I must say...I did this only once because I didn't like the way my shirt was ironed...it wasn't to my standards, which are pretty high. ;)

Also, did you know you can take a compact travel steamer instead of an iron. I have in the past but not in a long while so maybe that rule has been changed.

Whatever you decide...I hope you and your loved one/ones have a wonderful, fun-filled cruise! :)

Edited by mousey

Thanks! I didn't know about bringing a steam iron, but good option! I'm glad to know about the laundry option, but in the past have just stayed away from anything with the word laundry because I love escaping it for a week:)

Thanks! I didn't know about bringing a steam iron, but good option! I'm glad to know about the laundry option, but in the past have just stayed away from anything with the word laundry because I love escaping it for a week:)

Rescue Dogs 2.

I think I goofed and didn't make myself clear. You can't bring an iron onto the ship...but you can bring a travel steamer. At least, I have many times with no problem. But I haven't cruised since Aug. of 2012 so I'm not sure if the rules have changed regarding bringing a steamer. Maybe other posters know the current rules on this.:D

I too, unless it's some kind of emergency, stay away from doing more than rinsing something out that I might have spilled something on and don't want it to stain. ;)

Rescue Dogs 2.

I think I goofed and didn't make myself clear. You can't bring an iron onto the ship...but you can bring a travel steamer. At least, I have many times with no problem. But I haven't cruised since Aug. of 2012 so I'm not sure if the rules have changed regarding bringing a steamer. Maybe other posters know the current rules on this.:D

I too, unless it's some kind of emergency, stay away from doing more than rinsing something out that I might have spilled something on and don't want it to stain. ;)

We cruise with Royal Caribbean and, unfortunately, I just checked RCCL and this is what I found...

Prohibited items:

... Candles, Incense, Coffee Makers, Clothes Irons, Travel Steamers & Hot Plates. (Items that generate heat or produce an open flame. This includes heating pads, clothing irons, hotplates, candles, incense and any other item that may create a fire hazard. NOTE: The only exception to this policy are curling irons and hair straighteners. ...

We cruise with Royal Caribbean and, unfortunately, I just checked RCCL and this is what I found...

Prohibited items:

... Candles, Incense, Coffee Makers, Clothes Irons, Travel Steamers & Hot Plates. (Items that generate heat or produce an open flame. This includes heating pads, clothing irons, hotplates, candles, incense and any other item that may create a fire hazard. NOTE: The only exception to this policy are curling irons and hair straighteners. ...

I'm sorry to hear that. I haven't sailed on RCCL, mostly we've sailed on Carnival and NCL. Also, it's been since 2012 that we've cruised so maybe they've changed their rules too. Sorry to give you misinformation.:o

Well, here's a bit of info I just read about on another thread...there's a product called Magic Wrinkle Remover that is sold at WalMart. The OP said she uses it and that it's better than other wrinkle release products that she's used. I plan to give it a try on our next cruise...which I hope may be this June.:D

Edited by mousey

This is a thread after my own heart! I am a notorious for planning my packing. I am in my early 40's and still have a notebook from high school where I made a packing list for a school trip down to the outfit and accessories.

What I do now is use Polyvore! It's a free website where you can make outfit collages. Think PowerPoint but you can search a big catalog of items to use - for instance, if you have a denim jacket but not a photo of the one you actually have, you might find it in their database or something really close. Plus, you can really put outfits together layering jackets over tops, adding shoes... It's a lot of fun and a great way to build up to a cruise. Plus, you can have a collection where you store all of the items you want to pack which helps with mixing and matching. If you are a visual person and have packing OCD like I do, definitely check it out.

Here are some examples of things people have done:

Fancy - collection of clothing to pack: http://www.polyvore.com/winter_trip_packing_essentials/set?id=106008037

Basic - single outfit: http://www.polyvore.com/packing_for_orlando/set?id=85140289

And here is one of mine: http://www.polyvore.com/day_travel/set?id=116443614

Bon Voyage!