Daily Clothes Planning Spreadsheet

http://downywrinklereleaser.com/aa/

http://downywrinklereleaser.com/tips-and-tricks/

It comes in a TSA size and not only does it help with wrinkles, but it freshens things up. I took it and used it on one thing, only because I decided I wanted to wear it again and it worked fine. It's more of an *in case* thing for me. I can't say we really had any wrinkles in anything to speak of using the bundling method....my bag was packed for an entire week before the cruise. I bought it at Target I believe.

The Downy has a very perfumy scent that may not be for everyone. I make my own with unscented Downy and it turns out fine. I got the recipe online:

Pour one teaspooon of liquid fabric softener and one cup of water into a spray bottle with a nozzle that can produce a fine mist, shake it up, and, just as with the commercial stuff, apply it to a small patch first to make sure it won't stain or discolor.

On our last trip, I put the full-strength softener in a travel bottle and took an empty spray bottle with us. I then measured the required amount of softener and water and had no problem.

Because I'm a budget conscious person :D I like the tip about making your own wrinkle release.

Now my question' date=' how do you use it :confused:[/quote']

It's definitely much cheaper. A bottle of downy wrinkle release costs maybe 5 bucks? One bottle of fabric softener goes a long way for much less. It's easy to use. Just spray on the wrinkled clothes, shake them out and lay out overnight. I wouldn't use it on all fabrics though.

It won't let me quote everyone....argh!

Since I've quit using liquid fabric softeners and went to making my own laundry detergent (I now save what I spent on laundry detergent for cruising!:D), I just bought mine for a buck or so out of the travel bin at Target. I didn't want to have to search for an empty spray bottle that I wasn't sure I even had at home. I pack in a carry on, so the right size is everything in the airline security line! ;) I hung my garment on the back of the chair with my pins, so the smell dissipated by the time I wore my blouse. Mr. Sunshine was a tremendous help! At the rate I will use this bottle, I will have it for many cruises to come. :D

It has many uses and I'm sure if you make your own it will work same the way. These are the things they say you can do with it. http://downywrinklereleaser.com/tips-and-tricks/

If you are packing performance clothing like those that wick away moisture you may find that the manufacture advise not to use fabric softeners. It appears that the chemicals in fabric softeners reduces the wicking properties of the fabric.

If I have wrinkles that don't fall out when on a hanger or after hanging while showering I would change my packing method or choose more travel friendly clothing.

The first link is an article on fabric care and the second is popular performance shirt and if you read the care instruction it specifically says do not use fabric softeners.

Shak

http://www.bsa344.com/How%20to%20Care%20for%20Technical%20Fabrics.pdf

http://www.exofficio.com/products/details/mens-geotrekr-long-sleeve-field-shirt

It's definitely much cheaper. A bottle of downy wrinkle release costs maybe 5 bucks? One bottle of fabric softener goes a long way for much less. It's easy to use. Just spray on the wrinkled clothes, shake them out and lay out overnight. I wouldn't use it on all fabrics though.

Thanks for the tip.

Definitely going to try this.

It won't let me quote everyone....argh!

Since I've quit using liquid fabric softeners and went to making my own laundry detergent (I now save what I spent on laundry detergent for cruising!:D), I just bought mine for a buck or so out of the travel bin at Target. I didn't want to have to search for an empty spray bottle that I wasn't sure I even had at home. I pack in a carry on, so the right size is everything in the airline security line! ;) I hung my garment on the back of the chair with my pins, so the smell dissipated by the time I wore my blouse. Mr. Sunshine was a tremendous help! At the rate I will use this bottle, I will have it for many cruises to come. :D

It has many uses and I'm sure if you make your own it will work same the way. These are the things they say you can do with it. http://downywrinklereleaser.com/tips-and-tricks/

Would you mind passing along your recipe for laundry detergent?:)

I have found my people! :D I use packing spreadsheets for EVERY trip, business and pleasure.

For my non-cruise trips, I have my spreadsheet broken down by day and then day clothes and evening clothes for dressing down. The columns are: bottoms (slacks, dockers, capris, jeans,shorts), top #1 (blouse, shortsleeve, tank), top #2 (cardigans or blazer), Socks, Shoes and then the final column is jewelry. The row is the day. If I have two outfits (work for day and dress down for evening) then I use two rows for the day.

For cruises, the spreadsheet is more complex! For this spreadsheet, the columns are days and I note whether it's a sea day or docked/excursion. The rows are Morning, Afternoon and Evening. In each cell Day 1/Morning, Day 1/Afternoon, etc, I put in my clothes for that time. If it's a docked day, the morning and afternoon are merged and usually the same thing. I include all the clothes, shoes and jewelry in the cell. They are color coded too - blue are sea days and some shade of pale orange are docked days. That's the first page! :eek: The second page in the spreadsheet is a list per type - Tops as one column, Bottoms, Shoes, Jewelry, etc. I copy over from page 1 to page 2 and use page 2 as a packing list. Once I have page 2, I start washing clothes and putting them when clean in a guest room - folded on the bed or hanging in the closet. Oh, and at the bottom of the first sheet are the things I take on EVERY trip. Undies, bras, nightie, brush, comb, makeup, etc. This is especially good for phone cords, folding hamper and all the the little things that are a pain to forget at home.

I have shared my spreadsheet with many of my fellow cruisers, some appreciate my er...attention to detail...while others think I'm nuts (but a well packed and organized nut). Overpacking is not an issue and I always feel relaxed that I haven't forgotten anything.

If anyone wants a copy, I'm happy to share!

Pam

Yes, Please may I have a copy! Thank you so much for offering!

k schultz59 at aol dot com

I use a word document, not a spreadsheet, and I only plan my evening outfits, which are all long dresses. Every port I'm diving, so no planning needed there. I bring a couple pairs of shorts and t-shirts for sea days and I'm all set.

I don't normally repeat my evening outfits, but I am going to do that in November. I have my favorite sequined long sundress that is great for dancing in and will wear that the first and last nights. Since we're eating in the Steakhouse the first night, I figure no one will notice (not that I really care).

Would you mind passing along your recipe for laundry detergent?:)

This is the one I have been using. When I initially started looking for one, I knew I wanted it to be easy to make, not take a lot of my time, be gentle on my new HE washer (too much soap can be an issue for the bearings in the newer machines) and be easy on our skin. I have been using this one for two years and been very happy with it.

1/4 cup Borax

1/4 cup Washing Soda

1/4 cup degreaser type soap (Dawn, store brand-I have a Wegmans and love their brand!)

(I make mine in a 8 cup Pampered Chef batter bowl)

I boil 8 cups of water, add the ingredients and swirl until the powders are dissolved. I allow to cool. (I usually make this before work and let it cool for the day) Once cool, I pour into my laundry jug (2.81 qt) and then I add cold water to finish filling the bottle.(fill additional water slowly so that you are not dealing with lots of bubbles:eek:) I cap the soap, swish it around and you are ready to go! I use roughly a 1/4 cup a wash, but you can adjust it. I still have a 25 year old at home and we are still generating wash....when he eventually does move, I will figure an 1/8 of a cup will do us. Sigh.....

When I first saw it I was a little shocked, because it's a little thinner then regular detergent, but it's not be a problem getting things clean and most of all, I haven't suffered the itching that I do with many of the products sold (I have HUGE issues with Tide!).

I am also in LOVE with this shower cleaner! I have a brand new tub and it works fantastic!

http://thecraftpatch.blogspot.com.au/2012/05/pinterest-tested-tub-cleaner.html#.Uhsqbxvlbag

Edited by islandgirlejfan

I am also in LOVE with this shower cleaner! I have a brand new tub and it works fantastic!

http://thecraftpatch.blogspot.com.au/2012/05/pinterest-tested-tub-cleaner.html#.Uhsqbxvlbag

At the risk of highjacking this thread, I would love to know whether you have tried this mixture on mildew stains, or just soap scum? And did the mixture foam up? Was it hard to rinse off? (Bathroom cleaning is my bugaboo... :mad:)

Thanks in advance!

At the risk of highjacking this thread, I would love to know whether you have tried this mixture on mildew stains, or just soap scum? And did the mixture foam up? Was it hard to rinse off? (Bathroom cleaning is my bugaboo... :mad:)

Thanks in advance!

I have a fairly new, just remodeled last year by the hubby and I, however easy to mold bathroom. We think it's the side of the house because we have had bathrooms from here to Europe and never had issues the way we do with this one! We put in great ventilation, but we still seem to get it...especially the pink mold. I keep after mine with a water and bleach solution just because I know it's an issue. This solution I added the hyperlink for is just to clean with. My two guys and myself workout....I may be fluffy, but I do try....sweat and body oils seem to be our major cleaning issue. I love this cleaner because you spray it on and walk away for awhile. It does a great job! The only time I see a little foam is rinsing off. I don't find it any harder to rinse than other products. *I do find*most of products I used to use have been reformulated and they don't work as well....and am I the only person on earth that misses Top Job? I have found nothing to replace that....it was the best on cleaning kitchen walls. As for bathtub cleaners, it seemed like we were going through Scrubbing Bubbles almost weekly! This works for us, it's gentle on the new tub and I feel it really does a nice job.

Edited by islandgirlejfan

I have a fairly new, just remodeled last year by the hubby and I, however easy to mold bathroom. We think it's the side of the house because we have had bathrooms from here to Europe and never had issues the way we do with this one! We put in great ventilation, but we still seem to get it...especially the pink mold. I keep after mine with a water and bleach solution just because I know it's an issue. This solution I added the hyperlink for is just to clean with. My two guys and myself workout....I may be fluffy, but I do try....sweat and body oils seem to be our major cleaning issue. I love this cleaner because you spray it on and walk away for awhile. It does a great job! The only time I see a little foam is rinsing off. I don't find it any harder to rinse than other products. *I do find*most of products I used to use have been reformulated and they don't work as well....and am I the only person on earth that misses Top Job? I have found nothing to replace that....it was the best on cleaning kitchen walls. As for bathtub cleaners, it seemed like we were going through Scrubbing Bubbles almost weekly! This works for us, it's gentle on the new tub and I feel it really does a nice job.

Thanks for the review!

Love your list!!

I am a super packer as well!!!

I have 2 lists. List #1 is like yours and I consider it to be my visual list. It shows what items go with what on which days. List #2 is my itemized list, which has the individual items I would need (including non-fashion items such as toothbrush, passport, and money) I need both lists because some items overlap. For example, on day 2 and day 4 I might wear my black sandals. I can use list #1 to see what day I wear the black sandals, but list #2 will tell me whether or not I've packed them. Basically List #2 is my checklist, however, I do List #1 first because it helps me decide what to pack in the first place. On List #2 I separate the list into three sections: carry-on, suitcase, toiletry bag.My husband thinks I'm crazy but I don't care. As another poster stated, it gives me peace of mind and keeps me organized. Also, it helps with the pre-vacation jitters. I'm always overly excited to go on vacation (hence the active forum participation). Doing my lists etc. are all part of the excitement!

I take my two packing lists and I create a travel itinerary booklet for every vacation I go on (no matter where it is or the length). This booklet includes important contact info. that I leave for my mom and any information I may find pertinent such as the hotel and airline's number in case I don't have cell service to look it up etc. It goes farther than that though; I love options and I research various restaurants, excursions, tips etc. This has helped LOADS in the past. One time my husband got us a trip to the Dominican Republic as one of my Christmas presents, the booking was so mixed up and we had to wait hours to straighten everything out, luckily I had alternative hotels already researched, important phone numbers, etc. right there in my packet. He on the other hand was trying to locate the details on his iphone- he didn't even print the confirmation out!! I knew that DR wouldn't allow you to bring umbrellas in your carry-on (saved me losing my nice umbrella to their version of TSA), and we enjoyed some great local restaurants all from my research. In Vegas I found a really good fish and chips spot (who knew!?!?!?!)- to date it was the best catfish my husband has ever had and was worth the cab ride. :)

Love your list!!

I am a super packer as well!!!

I have 2 lists. List #1 is like yours and I consider it to be my visual list. It shows what items go with what on which days. List #2 is my itemized list, which has the individual items I would need (including non-fashion items such as toothbrush, passport, and money) I need both lists because some items overlap. s number in case I don't have cell service to look it up etc. .

I'm like you.

I use both lists. As I pack I check off the itemized list. Last minute stuff I highlight to make sure I pack it. :o

I don't use a folder. I have the lists stored in My Document on my pc. I just print them out when I travel.

Pretty experienced but still over pack!! Finished a Transatlantic in April and going on another in November from Barcelona. My suggestions: try to take 2 tops for each bottom remember that you can wear the same thing more than one time) who will remember, don't take every piece of jewelry that you own ( you will find that you wear lots of the same jewelry on different days) again, who will remember?

I created a spreadsheet a number of years ago for business travel and I now use it for my personal travel as well.

I find it helps making sure you have everything for each outfit, you don't overpack, you can co-ordinate outfits and accessories. I pre-plan what I'm wearing, then lay everything out before packing, the check them off the spreadsheet as I pack. It's also reassuring (God forbid) if my luggage were ever lost, I would know exactly what's been packed and what has to be replaced.

Some mock my spreadsheet, but I think they are envious.

On our last (and first) cruise, I was asked if I brought a trunk as it looked like I had a new outfit each time I was seen!

Edited by TravelBugM