Daily Clothes Planning Spreadsheet

Well, here's a bit of info I just read about on another thread...there's a product called Magic Wrinkle Remover that is sold at WalMart. The OP said she uses it and that it's better than other wrinkle release products that she's used. I plan to give it a try on our next cruise...which I hope may be this June.:D

I buy a bottle of unscented Downy, since my husband hates the scented stuff (and it is usually his clothes that need it most :rolleyes: ). I also need a 3 oz travel bottle, and a larger mist spray bottle and a measuring tablespoon to take with you. Pour the softener into the travel bottle. One 3 oz bottle is enough for a 7-day cruise.

When you are ready to de-wrinkle your clothes, measure one tablespoon of softener into the mist spray bottle containing 1 cup of water (the handle on the sprayer is easier to use than a tiny 3 oz. spritzer). It also helps to use a larger bottle if you have a lot of clothes to spray and don't have to keep refilling. If you want smaller, use 1 tsp softener to 1/3 cup water. Spray the clothes, stretch and smooth. I usually do this the evening before I plan to wear them to allow them to hang and dry, usually on the shower rack).

I usually have no problems with staining, but if you are not sure, try it before your trip.

Cruizluvers,

Thanks for the recipe, I'm going to give it a try next cruise!:D

Clickchick,

Thanks for the referral to Polyvore.com. I'm going to check it out. I already got a couple of ideas for outfits just from the links you posted!:D

I always over pack. We bring home more clean clothes than dirty ones. I will try the spread sheet this time.

It really does help. I used to do the same thing but now I usually wear everything I take. I'm not to the point where I can do just a carry on or re-wear clothing, or do laundry, but I'm down to one checked bag and split a carry-on between the DH, DS, and I. He and the DS take one checked bag and a backpack each also. I'm still trying to go lighter...:D

Edited by mousey

I do a list to mix and match. I try not to wear the same blouse and bottom too close together so the outfits look different. It keeps me from overpacking.

Unfortunately, now I've got so many combinations, I don't know which to chose! Jeans, long dresses, one skirt with different tops? I want to dress colorfully for the season, but the ship is usually cold.

Copyofth_Carnival-VIFP-Platinum_zps41db4d4e1_zps02e438c7.jpg

Here's what I do. Keep in mind that I don't care about mixing/matching, packing light or wearing things twice. It's just my preference because I love dresses and am going to check a bag anyway. I'm cruising in November but I don't wear jeans because it's a quick enough walk into the airport to make them unnecessary.

This will evolve as I buy items or change my mind. It sounds like I'll need a pirate costume too.

9ybu9y2u.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 3 weeks later...
That’s pretty much it, but if you email me at plush75417@mypacks.net - I would be happy to send you the file. It is an Excel spreadsheet. If you don’t have Excel, I can try to put it in any format you need to open it.

Would you mind sharing your spread sheet with me as well? I have a pretty extensive one going but I love to get new and improved ideas. From a one poster I borrowed the idea of putting on the trip info (i.e. confirmation numbers & phone numbers) on one page another had a great To Do list for before they left on their cruise. :) My email is macgranitravel at gmail dot com

I keep a tab for question for our TA, another tab for pricing out excursions and their websites, another tab for our schedule and so forth. We are off to Alaska this August with some dear friends. My friend laughs at my spread sheet and in the next breath says "you are going to email that to me right?" For me it's fun! Spread Sheet Geeks Unite! :D:D:D

There is a Excel template called Daily Planner on Microsoft that is a free download that one could put in daily events or even clothing if you want. This template starts with you entering the week date including year at the top at "for the week of". This template starts on Monday so you will have to look up that date. Once you enter that date it will enter the dates for the rest of the week. If your travel dates starts on a Friday you will have some blank days and will have to Save As for that week and start anew for the next and so on.

I find it handy to look at for packing because I can see what each day looks like after I enter the itinerary in. My first entry is if it is a sea or port day. I also enter any prescheduled tours or entertainment. If I know the dates of the formal nights I enter that as well.

Shak

http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/templates/results.aspx?qu=daily%20schedule&ex=2&av=zxl150&queryid=b42b9d2e%2D0957%2D410b%2Dbee3%2D7fcfa0c250ff&AxInstalled=1&c=0#ai:TC102930020|

• 4 months later...
I adapted this one from an earlier thread on Excel. It also helps with color coordinating. I referred to this every day on our cruise and it really helped!

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=306735&stc=1&d=1395599048

Not sure, think my friend did something similar few years back.

Sad that it can't be enlarged, nice spread sheet.

Tried printing out my spread sheet, something's wrong...can't open the file... :( So glad I bookmarked this thread...I made a copy and saved it to my pc...

DH & I learned the hard way not having a list....

One time we forgot to pack our house keys since we hired car service. Well' date=' when we arrived back home that's when it hit us "no keys" :eek: Had to break into our own house.

Second time, it was a spare of a moment trip... No list... Told my DH to pack his own stuff...I packed mine.... When we arrived at the hotel and checked in, I started to unpack... Asked my DH where his clothes were... :eek: [u']He didn't pack anything.[/u] :cool: We immediately went shopping... Nice way to get new clothes... I should have thought of that one. ;)

That's why I make a list, especially for a cruise. ;)

I have used a clothing list similar to yours for several years. It keeps me from overpacking, and I can see mix and match possibilities. For longer cruises, that is a big benefit.

Regarding a general packing list, I couldn't agree with you more! We have one for each of us and the house as well (like taking house keys!), which we live and breathe by! The last thing we do? Turn off the water!! :eek:

Thanks for your ideas, I am always learning something new.

Edited by travelgoddess1

LOL! This made me laugh. On the return from our first Alaska cruise, DH thought it would be a good idea to pack the house keys in his checked bag so he wouldn't lose them. Great if the baggage compartment on the plane didn't get stuck closed, it's 11pm eastern time and there are no airplane mechanics at the airport at that hour. DH didn't want to break into the house so we spent the night at an airport hotel. With just our carry-ons. Guess who doesn't pack his keys in his checked bag anymore? :D

Pam

• 2 weeks later...

Ooh! So glad I found this thread! Have just been doing a Pinterest Board for my honeymoon packing. Am also losing weight at the moment so I get to buy a whole new wardrobe - eep!

I've become a huge spreadsheet fan after planning our wedding, so I like the idea of a spreadsheet with pictures. Must check out Polyvore too.

Here's my Pinterest link if you'd like a gander :)

http://www.pinterest.com/pin/266205027949817821/

I do pretty much what you do, except each page not only has a photo of each item, it also has a description of each item in each outfit -- "white full skirt," "royal blue tank," "silver beaded necklace," etc. I use these itemized lists for packing.

I have a sheet for each outfit I will wear for each part of each day on the cruise. So on a day when I will be on shore, for example, I will have two or even three sheets -- excursion outfit, afternoon outfit (if we will be back on board early) and dinner outfit (we always "dress" for dinner.)

Every single part of each outfit is both listed and pictured on each sheet -- jewelry, shoes, shawl, hat -- everything. Unlike you, I print out sheets for each day and pack them in my suitcase. Once on board, I refer to them when I dress for each activity.

I always have a ball planning each outfit before I leave, and I am stress-free on board, as I know just what to wear at all times! I also can dress quickly, which my DH appreciates :), as I do not have to make any new decisions. Of course I could make spur of the moment changes when dressing if I chose to or needed to, but I don't think I ever have!

I use this system for all vacation wardrobe planning, and it has been working very well for me for years. I have re-used outfit pages for different cruises, and referred to sheets of past outfits to plan new ones. I also enjoy looking back at the pages to remember what I wore on different cruises or vacations.

I take pictures of all my outfits laid out. Then I write them on post it notes.

That way I can easily change things around. For me this isn't work. Its part of the fun of the trip. I love planning.

My youngest DGD (age 6) came over as I was starting the process of cruise packing. Clapped her hands & said , oh goodie! It's paper doll time! I have pix of my cruise clothes & mix/match till I get what I'm taking. She came up with a couple of combos that I hadn't thought of, but will use. Such a fun day!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I am a planner.........spreadsheets for everything......family think I'm mad!

Certainly have a spreadsheet for clothes but having lost a lot of weight recently have had photos taken in the different outfits.

Does anyone else go to these lengths, or is it just me?

You should see my family-of-4 wardrobe spreadsheet. Even my husband, who was initially averse to it, ended up using it.

For my personal wardrobe I also use an app that allows me to use pics, cause I need to see the clothes all together to make decisions. The app is Wardrobe Journal, and I love it because it allows up to 2 pictures per entry (I do outfit and shoes), you can add multiple identifiers, which you can then use to filter your list, you can put the date you're going to wear them...you can even add who saw you with each outfit (helpful for when we go home-I know I can repeat an outfit that I wore when I was at my in-laws when I go visit my parents a few days later on the other side of the island).

I also love that I can look back at what I wore on my last trip/ cruise, so I make sure I don't repeat outfits.

Here are some screenshots. I made identifiers for cruise, day, night. Then I filter by cruise+day, for instance, and check that I have outfits for all the vacation days. Same for cruise+night.

IMG_9825.png

IMG_9826.png

Edited by sherezada

You should see my family-of-4 wardrobe spreadsheet. Even my husband, who was initially averse to it, ended up using it.

For my personal wardrobe I also use an app that allows me to use pics, cause I need to see the clothes all together to make decisions. The app is Wardrobe Journal, and I love it because it allows up to 2 pictures per entry (I do outfit and shoes), you can add multiple identifiers, which you can then use to filter your list, you can put the date you're going to wear them...you can even add who saw you with each outfit (helpful for when we go home-I know I can repeat an outfit that I wore when I was at my in-laws when I go visit my parents a few days later on the other side of the island).

I also love that I can look back at what I wore on my last trip/ cruise, so I make sure I don't repeat outfits.

Here are some screenshots. I made identifiers for cruise, day, night. Then I filter by cruise+day, for instance, and check that I have outfits for all the vacation days. Same for cruise+night.

IMG_9825.png

IMG_9826.png

This is very impressive -- when I have a little more time, I'm going to check it out more thoroughly. Thanks!:)

• 4 months later...