Best Booking Incentives You've Received

For an Allure Boardwalk balcony, we got $100 OBC, the "Classic Romance Package" :rolleyes: worth $100, and dinner for two in a specialty restaurant.

However, this particular TA is not my regular TA, and has awful customer service. :( I doubt I'll book with them again.

Two things a lot of people are leaving out:

1) What type of room they got (this largely affects perks as price gets higher/lower).

2) How long the trip was.

For people who partake in much shorter cruises, this is deceiving. I remember searching and calling tons of TA's for a week trying to find any that would offer me decent OBC for 4 day cruise and then realized that there really was none to be found.

To be helpful, would be please clarify the room/cruise/length?

1) What type of room they got (this largely affects perks as price gets higher/lower).

For people who partake in much shorter cruises, this is deceiving. I remember searching and calling tons of TA's for a week trying to find any that would offer me decent OBC for 4 day cruise and then realized that there really was none to be found.

For an Allure Boardwalk balcony, we got $100 OBC, the "Classic Romance Package" :rolleyes: worth $100, and dinner for two in a specialty restaurant.

However, this particular TA is not my regular TA, and has awful customer service. :( I doubt I'll book with them again.

It was a seven night cruise.

We also got my $100 next cruise OBC and my friend's D+ balcony discount.

As a first time purchaser I received the following. Cost pre tax.

Inside guarantee. Celebrity Reflection. 15 day TA. $689pp $100 OBC

Central Park view Balcony guarantee. Oasis of the Seas. 7d Caribbean $899pp $250OBC

Balcony guarantee. Norwegian Star. 14 day Panama Canal. $1399pp. $300OBC.

No idea if that is good or not, but it was negotiated up a few hundred and the cabins are at a reasonable price I think.

Wish I had booked the TA on Reflection when drink packages were available as a bonus but then again the fare may have been much higher then.

What is the best TA booking incentive you've received when booking an RCCL cruise?

Assuming you do not have status with a cruise line.

the credits are directly related to the cabin cost I normally figure 10% whether it is spa obc or flat out discounted

We are booked on the Oasis Aug 2014 in a balcony stateroom with the following perks:

Exclusive beach package:

Ride on the Dragon’s Tail Coaster

Dragon’s Splash Waterslide

One hour in the Aqua Park

Floating beach mat

$25 beach beverage credit (per stateroom)

$30 specialty dining voucher

Onboard soda package (for each person)

Dinner at Johnny Rockets

One spa experience: Choose from three rejuvenating treatments aboard ship: La Therapie hydrolift facial, Swedish massage or reflexology including massage (one per stateroom)‡.

We are. Also receiving $190 OBC.

we are booked on the Allure in a boardwalk balcony cabin....paid $863PP, got $100 OBC, dinner for 2 in a spec restaurant and prepaid gratuities....

we are very happy with this! incidently, we upgraded from a central park balcony cabin to boardwalk for only $30 PP more!! originally paid $833 PP for the CP one...upgraded after final payment....

Can't wait!!!! :)

Marsha

So this is news to me, so I might be interpreting the comments wrong, but it seems to me that you are more likely to receive OBC if the TA company is big and your cruise is 7-14 days long?

Is that correct? If so I need to change TA immediately, I have a one person operation who is very, very nice and kind but I am missing out on future big savings this way.

So this is news to me, so I might be interpreting the comments wrong, but it seems to me that you are more likely to receive OBC if the TA company is big and your cruise is 7-14 days long?

Is that correct? If so I need to change TA immediately, I have a one person operation who is very, very nice and kind but I am missing out on future big savings this way.

the other thing is to book a Next Cruise Credit on board. this way you can check for deals at home and get OBC and would have already paid the deposit of 100. per person.

even if you book it yourself on line.

What sort of leverage does one have to get a TA to match other TA perks? My TA has been good about price matching a discount house TA. Now the discount house TA is offering OBC as a sweetener and I would like my TA to match. I was directed to ask in this thread, I hope this is the appropriate place.

Just so that some of you understand, often the spa treatment, gratuities and specialty restaurant perks are packaged from the cruiseline and given to specific TAs so that they can offer them to their clients.

Different TAs at different times often have great incentives, and since some of them will stack, you can really get a great deal if you hit one at the right time.

The gift cards and some of the other things might be coming out of your TAs pocket, but many of the other perks are coming from the line. Not that this is a bad thing, just means that you need to be aware of when different companies are offering options.

Archived