Viking Cruise Documents

JJean

Documents arrived by fed ex yesterday. We feel great!!

Glad to hear they arrived a little more than 2 weeks before you leave and you are in Ontario. Can I ask: did you take Viking air? Good stop overs or long ones? Have a great trip.

Glad to hear they arrived a little more than 2 weeks before you leave and you are in Ontario. Can I ask: did you take Viking air? Good stop overs or long ones? Have a great trip.

We had paid the $100 extra for custom Air and I asked for Toronto to Beijing non stop with Air Canada. That is what they boked us on. I had checked out Air Canada website to find the flight we wanted from To. We leave at 3:05 EST Sept 13th and arrive in Beijing 4:00 (local time) Sept 14th. From Hong Kong it is 15 hr flight, non-stop to To. I was able to book the seats we wanted. Didn't pay the high cost of business travel with Air Canada. Viking is putting us in the same hotel as we will be in for the few days but a day earlier. Our trip starts Sept 15th.

Lori

We had paid the $100 extra for custom Air and I asked for Toronto to Beijing non stop with Air Canada. That is what they boked us on. I had checked out Air Canada website to find the flight we wanted from To. We leave at 3:05 EST Sept 13th and arrive in Beijing 4:00 (local time) Sept 14th. From Hong Kong it is 15 hr flight, non-stop to To. I was able to book the seats we wanted. Didn't pay the high cost of business travel with Air Canada. Viking is putting us in the same hotel as we will be in for the few days but a day earlier. Our trip starts Sept 15th.

Lori

Glad you got the flights you wanted with the Custom air. We were afraid we wouldn't and then it would be too late to get good flights so we booked our own; a little cheaper but excellent connections .. but then flights got changed so we have a bit longer stop overs than what we first booked but still not bad. Will know next time; custom air was good. Thanks for sharing.

We leave on Sept 12 for Budapest for Sept 15th sailing my T.A. says Viking told her my documents FedXed on Aug.22 but will not arrive at her office until Friday Aug 30th.I am not impressed with a 2 week before cruise delivery,when they say about 3 weeks on web site.

We just picked up friends at the airport who were on Scenic for a 2 week cruise similar to the Grand European Tour we are going on.They were less then enthusiastic,they had a good time but lots of glitches including a suitcase of wet clothes.

We leave on Sept 12 for Budapest for Sept 15th sailing my T.A. says Viking told her my documents FedXed on Aug.22 but will not arrive at her office until Friday Aug 30th.I am not impressed with a 2 week before cruise delivery,when they say about 3 weeks on web site.

I know it's Viking Policy to send them out 3 weeks before but it puzzles me... why so late? Even worse if they are going to TA and then she has to ship them to us. Even when they had flooding problems and then lock problems; these documents did not address any of these issues so why do they wait so long to get them to us??? I understand there's a lot of valuable information in them like converters, clothes to take, money etc. When we've been planning this for nearly two years; and have nearly everything ready; not very useful to get this helpful information a few days before we leave. We are also doing 4 days precruise so hope we get them in time.

Has anyone heard Vikings reasons for sending documents so close to departure date?

I find some of their business practices to be less than customer friendly. 2 for 1 is a joke.....payment in full due way in advance of sail date......documents not mailed in a timely manner. We look forward to our first river cruise, which will be on Viking next year, and hope the list of Viking negatives does not grow longer.

Our documents arrived by UPS today. We leave in less than two weeks but that's no big deal.

I was pleased to see that they are neatly packaged in a case that can be used later for my tablet. It does have advertising for Viking on it. Smart marketing.

We just picked up friends at the airport who were on Scenic for a 2 week cruise similar to the Grand European Tour we are going on.They were less then enthusiastic,they had a good time but lots of glitches including a suitcase of wet clothes.

How did an entire suitcase of clothes get wet? Is Scenic using luggage as an anchor in port? (If so, I will make sure I don't let my suitcases out of my sight.... :D)

Fran

How did an entire suitcase of clothes get wet? Is Scenic using luggage as an anchor in port? (If so, I will make sure I don't let my suitcases out of my sight.... :D)

Fran

I was wondering that as well?

PS. Anyone know why my quick reply doesn't work and I always have to put a title in when I hit the quick reply?

Has anyone heard Vikings reasons for sending documents so close to departure date?

I find some of their business practices to be less than customer friendly. 2 for 1 is a joke.....payment in full due way in advance of sail date......documents not mailed in a timely manner. We look forward to our first river cruise, which will be on Viking next year, and hope the list of Viking negatives does not grow longer.

I called Thurs. to ask when the docs would be mailed, and yes they have to be mailed to my TA first. The guy I spoke to was VERY nice and offered to answer any questions I had about the itinerary. The only one I had initially was what time did a particular Viking excursion end, because I wanted to do a walking tour afterward. Not only did he tell me the time, he emailed me the optional excursion information, he also told me that the ship's concierge could help me in arranging transportation to and from the ship. Then he told me about a shuttle and the times it ran. He could not have been any more helpful and I didn't feel like he was rushing me at all.

I hung up thinking that if some 800# guy could be this nice, then what will it be like on the ship. I cannot wait!

Felicia

I hung up thinking that if some 800# guy could be this nice, then what will it be like on the ship. I cannot wait!

Felicia

We found the service on our recent Viking cruise far exceeded our expectations. All staff on the ship, from housekeeping, to dining room, to kitchen staff, to the actual ship crew, were absolutely fantastic.

Nothing was a bother and they always aimed to please.

Cruise Critic has it well-organized for ocean cruises and we have had 75% good luck in finding or organizing an active and productive group of often informed folks! Obviously river cruising has "caught on" and our first experience (13 June 2014 Basel/Amsterdam) was for the most part sold out a few months ago while only three couples have posted who will be on this ship next spring/summer. I suggested that Cruise Critic organize Roll Calls by perhaps river and then maybe by cruise company. It is quite tiresome to try to locate and have used research tool. Also, had suggested that Cruise Critic advertize its potential value to river cruise passengers -- just read above:

River Cruising Find Others on Your River Cruise! River Cruising Roll Calls

Do I need to look at posting of reviews as well. Next June will be doing Rhine River Basel to Amsterdam. If you are interested, suggest you comment to Cruise Critic on ways you thing that information for river cruise passengers could be improved.

My best,

DJ:)

Cruise Critic has it well-organized for ocean cruises and we have had 75% good luck in finding or organizing an active and productive group of often informed folks! Obviously river cruising has "caught on" and our first experience (13 June 2014 Basel/Amsterdam) was for the most part sold out a few months ago while only three couples have posted who will be on this ship next spring/summer. I suggested that Cruise Critic organize Roll Calls by perhaps river and then maybe by cruise company. It is quite tiresome to try to locate and have used research tool. Also, had suggested that Cruise Critic advertize its potential value to river cruise passengers -- just read above:

Do I need to look at posting of reviews as well. Next June will be doing Rhine River Basel to Amsterdam. If you are interested, suggest you comment to Cruise Critic on ways you thing that information for river cruise passengers could be improved.

My best,

This thread is about Viking cruise documents.

My best,

I agree with you totally and it didn't bother me at all, you posted on the

wrong thread. As you quoted; to find the correct thread for river cruises is quite the chore.

Now I'm getting a bit irked. I leave in a week from tomorrow. No documents. I'd called my travel agent (a consolidator) that I use every time I book a cruise. She said that Viking had been slower than normal lately. And if I didn't have the documents "soon", to let her know.

Felicia

Not happy to hear this. A group of us leave Oct. 14 and sail Oct.19; read one from last year and a lot of valuable info in it. They've had our money for months and can't get the paper booklet out to us on time !!! Ours are being sent directly to us; not TA even though we booked with TA.

Archived