One week to Platinum!!!!

San_Antonio_Ex

I don't understand these 'dates' as to when you become platinum? Wouldn't you become platinum on the last day of the cruise that made you qualify??? Obviously I'm missing something here.

My tenth Carnival cruise begins Nov. 19. I will receive a platinum sail and sign card and the platinum benefits throughout that cruise.

So, to me, I 'become' platinum Nov. 19.

(after 12-31-13 the criteria changes to 75 nights sailed.)

I hit platinum on my Dec 13th cruise. We didn't cruise last summer or the summer before that (I did sneak in a 3-night cruise in Feb 2012) so my 10th is hitting just before the deadline.. I was the incentive to get my husband to go on another cruise. he could take them or leave them.

Congratulations everyone on hitting Platinum.

I don't understand these 'dates' as to when you become platinum? Wouldn't you become platinum on the last day of the cruise that made you qualify??? Obviously I'm missing something here.

Platinum status is reached on the first day of the 10th cruise, until 12/31/13. Then the rules change and status is reached on the first day of the cruise that includes the 76th sail day.

Thanks everyone!!! I'm really looking forward to it.

Congratulations to all of you as well. Carnival really knew what it was doing when they grandfathered folks in if they hit 10 cruises by December 31. LOL

Congrats on joining the club. We will see you on the 2nd half of your back to back. This will be my wife's platinim cruise as well.

We have paid for cruises for our kid's.

Why can't those be applied to our CCL credit????

We have 4 young adults, that we have paid for in the past.? Pre-and grad cruises. Along with a B-Day cruise etc.

If we pay for the cruise why can't we count that as credit towards our future cruises?

I just realized that CCL has none of my past cruises up on line.

Remarried 3 years ago. New last name. Updated all info last cruise but nothing shows up on CCL.

What give's??

Now I'm really confused. According to Carnival, my next cruise is my first. :eek:

Thanks everyone!!! I'm really looking forward to it.

Congratulations to all of you as well. Carnival really knew what it was doing when they grandfathered folks in if they hit 10 cruises by December 31. LOL

They sure did know what they were doing. We booked a B2B for January 2013 which put us at Platinum level. We even got the benefits of Platinum on our 9th cruise because it was a B2B on the same ship.

I was very surprised to get PRIORITY on the 9th cruise and figured we wouldn't be able to take advantage of Priority boarding till our 2014 cruises. We also liked it because we got Platinum gift on both cruises so came home with 4 Tervis Tumblers which we use all the time.

Archived