Where do you get your passport stamped in jamaica, grand cayman, cozumel

blurpy

In Jamaica, in Montego Bay, there is a place in the port building that will stamp your passport. It's in the big room to the left, go through the hallway with stores.

When we were in Ocho Rios, Jamaica they REFUSED to stamp our Passports unless we would be there longer than 24 hours. I was so upset at how RUDE they were when I asked. I don't travel much and I like to have my passport stamped so I can review "oh I was there then".

I also had a difficult time in Freeport, Bahamas.

Let's hope I have better luck in Cozumel!!!!!!!

Carnival Fantasy ~ April 18th (counting down)

When we were in Ocho Rios, Jamaica they REFUSED to stamp our Passports unless we would be there longer than 24 hours. I was so upset at how RUDE they were when I asked. I don't travel much and I like to have my passport stamped so I can review "oh I was there then".

I also had a difficult time in Freeport, Bahamas.

Let's hope I have better luck in Cozumel!!!!!!!

Carnival Fantasy ~ April 18th (counting down)

Sorry they were rude in Jamaica. Yes another reason I detest that Island. On my upcoming Vista cruise ... I will stay on the boat rather than get off there.

We did recently get our passports stamped in Cozumel. It's real easy. you just take a short cab ride downtown, costs a couple dollars and you get to see some pretty scenery. You go into the post office/immigration office and they will cheerfully stamp it for you. It's a nice stamp too.

Cheers!

Jeff aka Recovery Dude

Sorry they were rude in Jamaica. Yes another reason I detest that Island. On my upcoming Vista cruise ... I will stay on the boat rather than get off there.

We did recently get our passports stamped in Cozumel. It's real easy. you just take a short cab ride downtown, costs a couple dollars and you get to see some pretty scenery. You go into the post office/immigration office and they will cheerfully stamp it for you. It's a nice stamp too.

Cheers!

Jeff aka Recovery Dude

I have just a page and a half left in my present passport which expires this September. I'll be sending it in for renewal after my April 2 Conquest cruise and before my NCL Breakaway Bermuda cruise at the end of May.

I have never gotten my passport stamped while on a cruise. I hate to think how many extra pages I would have needed for the 17 or 18 cruises I've taken in the last ten years.

As for Jamaica, I have passport stamps for several land vacations thereand have always enjoyed the warmth and hospitality of the locals. One vacation I stayed on Doctor Cave's Beach at the old Beaches hotel, and Usain Bolt was winning the Olympics then. It was amazing to witness the national pride of the locals and participate in their joy for a national hero.

Live and let live is a great motto.

I realize this is an old post but there is some very good info.

I guess the most important change is you can no longer add pages to your passport. Because of that you may want to be very careful about souvenir stamps. As posted on page one, you sometimes need several consecutive pages for visa entries.

Most countries will not stamp officially for cruise passengers since you are less that 24 hours, but many have the souvenir kiosk.

Cheers!

Jeff aka Recovery Dude

You "detest" an ENTIRE island because of the actions of a few people? Wow... If I lived by that logic I'd have hated America long ago...

As for the poster before that, you were upset because they refused to break the rules for you. How dare they... No wonder other countries call us "entitled Americans." :rolleyes:

Cheers!

Jeff aka Recovery Dude

Last year in Cozumel, they said they were not doing the passport stamps anymore at the downtown office. I'm not sure if they changed or its attachments another location but they flat out said no. They even had notices in English in the offices.

If you don't come back on board (security scanning your sign and sail card) They first page you. Then they go to your cabin to check there. The person who has the "1 key" that will open any of the safes in your room and check to see if your passport is there, if it is: they give it to the rep in the port.

You "detest" an ENTIRE island because of the actions of a few people? Wow... If I lived by that logic I'd have hated America long ago...

As for the poster before that, you were upset because they refused to break the rules for you. How dare they... No wonder other countries call us "entitled Americans." :rolleyes:

Me, ~ being "the poster before that" ~ I was not upset because they refused to break a rule. I was upset at the RUDENESS when I asked them if I could get it stamped. I was on the island 3 minutes....how was I to know that there was a rule??? I also spoke of THAT experience, NOT for the entire nation! Once I was told no, I moved on and had a wonderful time visiting the shops and interacting with the locals at Ocho Rios.

I do not feel "entitled" to anything other than common courtesy.....so roll your eyes some other direction!!!!!!