Where do you get your passport stamped in jamaica, grand cayman, cozumel

blurpy

going on another cruise on carnival magic

where can you get your passport stamped in montego bay, Jamaica...grand cayman and Cozumel

thx!

V

We never let them stamp our passport unless it is COMPLETELY necessary, and when they do stamp it, I show them where I want it, so that sloppy stamps don't fill a page - space in a passport is important.

Extra pages, if you run out of pages is a separate charge to get extra pages, and then if you had extra pages put in a passport, they make you buy them for your next passport renewal even if you tell them that you are no longer traveling much. That doubles the price of your renewal.

VISA stamps for some countries take up an entire page they are so big, and that will not be good if you have a ton of stamps you never really needed in your passport. They will make you buy extra pages when you go for a VISA stamp if you have a lot of stamps in your passport, and the extra pages are expensive.

We've always just got ours stamped on the way back through customs when we debark on the last day.

:confused:

U.S. Customs and Immigration can give a reentry stamp to the U.S. in your passport. But how can they put a foreign countries stamp in?

going on another cruise on carnival magic

where can you get your passport stamped in montego bay, Jamaica...grand cayman and Cozumel

thx!

V

In Grand Cayman their is a Customs-Immigration office in the port area that will do this for you.

I never have my passport stamped if it can be avoided. When one travels to certain countries multiple consecutive blank pages are required, many times a Visa takes a whole page as well and if you don't have the pages -- it will cost a few bucks to either get extra pages or a new passport prior to travel.

It is nice when you can specify where you want a stamp but some countries don't appreciate it. The folks in Zimbabwe, at a border crossing, really didn't think it was my right to tell them how to do their job.

Not sure this applies to people that only take cruises but if you truly travel and see the world in many different ways you will encounter this challenge. I renewed early a couple years ago for the pages. The renewal was the same price with extra pages as it would have been without them so I am in good shape for now.

If your passport is good for many more years, don't assume you will never explore the world in different ways. Or if you do be prepared to renew the passport or pay for additional pages before it expires.

I used to get my passport stamped all the time. New pages are not that expensive. I don't do it as much anymore, but my Grandkids like theirs stamped so I leave it at the pursers desk and they get it stamped and then call me the last night to pick up their passports.

When you leave your passport with the purser, do you not need it for re-entry back on the ship when you're done with your day at the port? Do you just use your sign & sail card to re-enter the ship?

When you get off the tender in GC and go through the guarded gate, take an immediate right. There is a short staircase you go up and enter the door to your right. If you have any questions, the guard at the gate will direct you.

Yup! That's the place, you describe it just as I remember it. :)

Edited by Eng23

When you leave your passport with the purser, do you not need it for re-entry back on the ship when you're done with your day at the port? Do you just use your sign & sail card to re-enter the ship?

Passports aren't necessary to get on and off the ship at ports. Your S&S card is all you need.

I never carry my passport off the ship. In the 25 years+ that I have been cruising I have never taken it off ship until I debark. All that is needed is your sign and sail card to get back on the ship but please remember to take your driver's license with you as you need it to get back into port before boarding the ship.

I never carry my passport off the ship. In the 25 years+ that I have been cruising I have never taken it off ship until I debark. All that is needed is your sign and sail card to get back on the ship but please remember to take your driver's license with you as you need it to get back into port before boarding the ship.

So if you never take your passport with you, What would you do if (god forbid) you didn't make it back to the ship on time. I have been cruising for 25 years also and have always carried my passport with me.

Why even bring it if you don't take it with you

• 2 weeks later...
I give mine to the pursers desk and they get them stamped for me.

Isn't it partially for if some reason you got stuck in port? Would a copy be okay if that happened?

Guess this was already asked....should have read whole thread.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Forums mobile app

Edited by Lonasue

The whole idea behind carrying a copy of your passport into port is so if your stuff gets stolen, your passport does not. And if you get stranded and have a copy, the American Embassy can speed up a replacement.

On Mediterranean cruises they collect your passports when you check in. You do not get them back until the day before your cruise ends. Unfortunately though, ours did not come back stamped.

Stamping is not that important for DH and me, but for our DD's, it is.

Edited by wantocruisemore

The whole idea behind carrying a copy of your passport into port is so if your stuff gets stolen, your passport does not. And if you get stranded and have a copy, the American Embassy can speed up a replacement.

On Mediterranean cruises they collect your passports when you check in. You do not get them back until the day before your cruise ends. Unfortunately though, ours did not come back stamped.

Stamping is not that important for DH and me, but for our DD's, it is.

So do you find where to get it stamped for DD's in each port? I am going to Belize, Cozumel, Cayman, Honduras.

So if you never take your passport with you, What would you do if (god forbid) you didn't make it back to the ship on time. I have been cruising for 25 years also and have always carried my passport with me.

Why even bring it if you don't take it with you

If you leave your passport with the purser and then miss the ship, the purser will leave your passport with one of their reps that stays at the port to assist any passengers in this situation.

So do you find where to get it stamped for DD's in each port? I am going to Belize, Cozumel, Cayman, Honduras.

We've never gotten them stamped in the Caribbean when on a cruise. And we thought they would get stamped at the pursers desk in Europe, but they did not.

If you leave your passport with the purser and then miss the ship, the purser will leave your passport with one of their reps that stays at the port to assist any passengers in this situation.

Actually that may be the perfect solution. If they stay with purser and want them stamped, they get it. If you miss the boat you'll get them from the port rep. And since you will not have them touring, no chance of them getting lost or stolen.

Several years ago when we got off the ship in Cozumel we asked one of the many police officers on the pier where we could get a souvenir stamp for our passports and he told us, downtown at the Immigration Office.

It just wasn't worth it to us to go there. But our best passport stamp was at the little gift shop in Hell, Jamaica.