Do you still have your Celebrity Video?

CaroleSP

When we originally joined Captain's Club, we paid a fee and received a ship or itinerary video. We have the Galaxy and still watch it. That's probably because we are about to sail her for the 4th time. It helps the anticipation.

Did you get one?

Which one?

Do you ever look at it?

When we originally joined Captain's Club, we paid a fee and received a ship or itinerary video. We have the Galaxy and still watch it. That's probably because we are about to sail her for the 4th time. It helps the anticipation.

Did you get one?

Which one?

Do you ever look at it?

Yes, we also received ours of the Galaxy on our first X cruise (2000 or 2001, I'll have to check) when we signed up and paid the $35. To the other previous poster -- this was being provided back when Celebrity was charging to join, so you wouldn't have received it 2 years ago.

Yes, we also received ours of the Galaxy on our first X cruise (2000 or 2001, I'll have to check) when we signed up and paid the $35. To the other previous poster -- this was being provided back when Celebrity was charging to join, so you wouldn't have received it 2 years ago.

Thanks. I thought I missed out on something.

I am a first-time Celebrity cruiser, and I purchased a Galaxy video and a Panama Canal video from travelvideostore.com. The cost was $9.99 per video, and they were done by Celebrity. The Panama Canal video was not much use, but the Galaxy one is really good...about 15-20 minutes.

I'd be interested to know when you joined CC? I did not receive any video when I joined two years ago.

We joined in 1998; you probably joined when it was free. When they stopped charging for the membership, the videos stopped, too.

I am a first-time Celebrity cruiser, and I purchased a Galaxy video and a Panama Canal video from travelvideostore.com. The cost was $9.99 per video, and they were done by Celebrity. The Panama Canal video was not much use, but the Galaxy one is really good...about 15-20 minutes.

Hi Bob,

I was trying to get a Connie video from Celebrity and they sent me some free stuff; totally worth what I paid!! The Royal DVD was about 2 minutes and so frantic that I couldn't watch it. I thought it would make me want to sail with them. The Celebrity video was even shorter and talks about it's new ships. the once glimpse of a ship at the end was the Century????

I tried to find some of them on Ebay; no luck. I am going to check your link.

You said Panama was useless, short or not very scenic?

If I remember, you never sailed celebrity before; the Galaxy video is great. Just watched it again over the weekend.

See you in Panama!

Hi Bob,

You said Panama was useless, short or not very scenic?

If I remember, you never sailed celebrity before; the Galaxy video is great. Just watched it again over the weekend.

See you in Panama!

Hi Carol! The Panama video had a short history of the canal and a few shots of going into one of the sets of locks, but then it sort of switches to the same stuff that is on the Galaxy video, talking about the ship experience. No excursion or shore info.

Definitely love the Galaxy video. I watch it at least once every couple of weeks. How sick is that?

Panama is one of the places I'm having trouble deciding on a shore excursion.

Later,

Bob

hajekfam,

In 1992 -93 there was one other ship in the "X' fleet.............The Britannis.

Wasn't the Britannis under the Chandris Fantasy line - not Chandris Celebrity line? Our Celebrity books from 92 only list the three I mentioned. I know the Captain's club back then was giving credit for both Fantasy and Celebrity cruises.

Definitely love the Galaxy video. I watch it at least once every couple of weeks. How sick is that?

You will appreciate the Galaxy video even more after you sail her. She has been updated in certain areas; others are exactly the same. Every time I watch it, I put myself right in each public room. After spending 31 days on board, I know her pretty well. I'm really looking forward to adding another 12 nights to the count.

Quiz question: Who introduced the early videos on the Celebrity ships. Very prominent Celebrity. Anyone answers Kathy Lee, wrong cruise line.

Ok, Don you've got me going. I know that weirdo was doing Carnival. I don't remember anyone doing Celebrity. I guess I block sound and get lost in the pictures.

I really knew very little about Celebrity when we boarded the Century in 1998. I do know that we were so impressed from the beginning that we paid our $35 on the 2nd day out.

Wow, Thanks, you'd think we would have remembered, or at least noticed that. :confused:

We have one from the Meridian and the Splendour. I sent the Horizon to another CCr who was anxious to have one. :)

Hi Cindon. :D

Hello Brigitte and Tom,

Hope you two are doing well. Come cruise with us again on the Constellation 11/10/05 Repo cruise. We will make up for the partying that we didn't do on the Galaxy.:D Email us!

Archived