Where to stay in Fll early December?

comfortcove

We are coming in one day pre cruise, and will be there less than 24 hours. I want to stay in 17th street area, nice place for just the two of us. We will not be renting a car, and do plan on a taxi to hotel and taxi to port the next day. It would be nice to buy liquids at Total Wine and be able to carry it back without a cab, and go to dinner somewhere good, but not fancy that night. For a couple would you pick Embassy Suites, Pier 66, Hyatt Place, or Renaissance? Also, where to have casual dinner? (not Cracker Barrel or Hooters, haha)

All of those hotels are available, and are similar in price for our night. I have stayed at Renaissance before, and remember it being kind of a hike to the Publix and TW. I keep reading on this board Embassy is not so good now, is that true?

Many thanks! I just booked airfare today, now I want to plan everything!

We are coming in one day pre cruise, and will be there less than 24 hours. I want to stay in 17th street area, nice place for just the two of us. We will not be renting a car, and do plan on a taxi to hotel and taxi to port the next day. It would be nice to buy liquids at Total Wine and be able to carry it back without a cab, and go to dinner somewhere good, but not fancy that night. For a couple would you pick Embassy Suites, Pier 66, Hyatt Place, or Renaissance? Also, where to have casual dinner? (not Cracker Barrel or Hooters, haha)

All of those hotels are available, and are similar in price for our night. I have stayed at Renaissance before, and remember it being kind of a hike to the Publix and TW. I keep reading on this board Embassy is not so good now, is that true?

In other words, you want it all and you want it right now.

Well...If you forget the hotels you listed I might be able to help you.

Consider Extended Stay America right in front of the Harbor Shops. It was recently renovated, all rooms have kitchenettes, free airport shuttle and the port shuttle is $4 per person.

http://www.theharborshops.com/index.php/tenants/

Thanks for the input, and the link to the map. It is only a hike when you are lugging a case of wine! If TW still offers the preorder option maybe I will do that and just have cab stop and we can pick it up. I am a wineaux going on a long Southern Caribbean cruise a month before the cruise line is going to a more restrictive carry on wine allowance! What can I say, I want my good wines! Then we would only have to walk to Publix to pick up a few things.

Where is a good place for drinks and dinner within walking distance of this area? I really appreciate the advice, we have cruised out of Port Everglades several times, but it has been a few years. I see the Renaissance is also undergoing a renovation to be complete 10/2013. We are not going to the beach or anything, since our flight gets in around 4:30.

Where is a good place for drinks and dinner within walking distance of this area?

Bimini Boatyard, Market 17, and Coco Asian are very nice, but there are so many other choices. If you want someplace casual check out Duffy's, Kelly's, and Bravo.

Look at Gallery One , Doubletree.

We stayed last year in Dec one night before curise. Staying there again this Jan. It has a water taxi stop on site. Easy to take it to dinner. Just ask front desk for places to eat. We went to the 15 St Fishery for dinner.

There is a Publix two blocks away across from the Galleria Mall.Easy walk.

Great wine selection . I found Orvieto italian wine that I love.

Shared a taxi with another couple we met at breakfast who was going to the same ship the next morning.

If you are wanting to stay on 17th St and have no car...don't be concerned about wondering into a Cracker Barrel or Hooters by mistake or lack of options :)

Archived