Gosh, it's quiet on here

Where is everyone??? Cruising I hope, its very quiet on here of late, or are all the chatterboxes over on FB, causing mayhem and mirth ;)

No cruising booked till June (another mini with P & O) then Dream fro two weeks in August next year....bit too early to post for trip advice yet. But Mr T is in training for his next charity fundraiser..........running up the rock at Gib, any one want to join him :D

BLESMA (who he raises for) have taken one of his photo's taken on the Celebration and have had it blown up as a Poster for their office lol (Mr T a poster boy :rolleyes:) but he did raise £1600 so thank you to all that donated

Currently sorting out my next hol (Sharm - not a cruise) in a few weeks, splurged a bit on it, will be good to see how it compares to a cruise, as it has been a long time since we took a restful holiday ( we usually travel rather than holiday, when we are not on a cruise, or ski or a combination of both)

What are all you lot doing:confused:

Hi Proudspectataor

Oww how excting :D

The facebook page is a group, do a search for it, it's called Thomson Cruises, just ask to join and admin will add you ( most of the regulars on here are on there as well) It a very friendly site and easy to add photos to, so loads of ships, facilities and ports of call to look at

ive tried to put a link but it would not work

We are having a few lazy breaks in the caravan at the moment, near Nottingham last week and near Peterborough this week, then go down to Minehead for a few days next Friday for a beer festival on the railway station there (steam trains and beer - great) before heading north to Barnard Castle, then down to York for another beer festival there on the race course. Keeps us occupied till our next cruise on Island Escape in October.

We are having a few lazy breaks in the caravan at the moment, near Nottingham last week and near Peterborough this week, then go down to Minehead for a few days next Friday for a beer festival on the railway station there (steam trains and beer - great) before heading north to Barnard Castle, then down to York for another beer festival there on the race course. Keeps us occupied till our next cruise on Island Escape in October.

When are you in Barnard Castle? :)

Hiya. We are off on Majesty next Friday ... cant wait .... Can you tell me what the FB page is called have looked but cannot seem to find a forum or chat page? Many thanks :)

We are on Majesty week on Friday, the 6th. Is that the same as you?

There is also a Thomson Majesty group.

Wave to me, Gill - we are not too far from Minehead & often have a trip on the steam train :)

Just back from our 2 week cruise on the Celebration; off to France soon for a weekend & have booked the same cruise as Topsey next year so may get to see Mr T running up the Rock of Gibraltar!! ;) (Not going to volunteer to join him & don't think my husband will either he's a cyclist not a runner!!!)

We've not got another cruise planned yet, but are of to New York im mid September for 5 days, the an overnight Ferry trip to the German Christmas Markets in Cologne and (oops can't remember the other place!!). I was going to say Carlsberg or Kronenburg but they are beers eh? The name will come to me later. No doubt will be comparing the ferry to the cruiseships.

But hopefully in the Spring we'll want to go cruising again.

I was looking at a couple of minis on the P&O website last night that are going Xmas market type places,,got my eye on a 3 nighter to Bruges on Ventura;)

Just thinking about my October week in my beloved Benidorm now my big holiday is over,,I love my Benidorm week with my friend! And then there's my significant birthday next April to start thinking about,,another decade approaches:eek: There must be a nice little boat trip going somewhere exciting!

We've not got another cruise planned yet, but are of to New York im mid September for 5 days, the an overnight Ferry trip to the German Christmas Markets in Cologne and (oops can't remember the other place!!). I was going to say Carlsberg or Kronenburg but they are beers eh? The name will come to me later. No doubt will be comparing the ferry to the cruiseships.

But hopefully in the Spring we'll want to go cruising again.

I love New York. Himself will be 60 in two years and I want to fly out to New York for five days and come back by ship. I have seen it the other way round but if you buy things in New York it is so easy to go over the weight limit. We last went to New York for the Halloween Parade. That was fabulous.

I love New York. Himself will be 60 in two years and I want to fly out to New York for five days and come back by ship. I have seen it the other way round but if you buy things in New York it is so easy to go over the weight limit. We last went to New York for the Halloween Parade. That was fabulous.

Well doen k8ti - that's what I call forward planning.:D Happy shopping!;)

I was looking at a couple of minis on the P&O website last night that are going Xmas market type places,,got my eye on a 3 nighter to Bruges on Ventura;)

Just thinking about my October week in my beloved Benidorm now my big holiday is over,,I love my Benidorm week with my friend! And then there's my significant birthday next April to start thinking about,,another decade approaches:eek: There must be a nice little boat trip going somewhere exciting!

Got home today after a great week with grandchildren in Benidorm at Ambassador Player...last Friday night was extra special, had a brilliant evening at Benidorm Palace, was such an amazing show. Also spent Friday at Terra Natura (felt like we were in Dominica) then took the children over to Aqua Natura to cool down. So a long day and night lots of fun.

It nice to hear that all are travelling/holidaying or about to, i booked another Ski-Holiday yesterday so Christmas and March all sorted :-)

Gillhalf pint you would love my local, if you like Beers, won the Camra pub of the year in 2007/8 and Camra Gloucestershire pub of the year 2013 - no steam trains though

Jakanne - Another one cruise???? :)

Jules, your hubby could always cycle up to keep him company :D

Langtoncouple - which ferry line is that we have done a mini wth DFDS to Denmark, we went in between Xmas and New Year a few years ago. LOVE New York, but would like to do a transatlantic like K8ti

Cappers just booked my third P & O Mini did Ventura to Brugge, then Oceana to Brugge and Guernsey and have booked Aurora for next year to Guernsey, they are great fun

Barnowl, my friends recently did a few days in Benidorm, they stayed at the hotel where the TV series is filmed and went to 'Neptunes' - not sure of its real name, and then did the Benidorm Palace, they had a great time :D

Topsey......Neptunes is Morgans Tavern and displays the Neptunes sign too our rooms at Ambassador Playa were a minute away, the Benidorm series use hotel Sol Pelicanos just 3/4 minutes walk away. Yes it was a fantastic night out at Benidorm Palace your friends must have had a great evening.

Topsey......Neptunes is Morgans Tavern and displays the Neptunes sign too our rooms at Ambassador Playa were a minute away, the Benidorm series use hotel Sol Pelicanos just 3/4 minutes walk away. Yes it was a fantastic night out at Benidorm Palace your friends must have had a great evening.

They did Barnowl - they are from the West Midlands as well :D

Langtoncouple, we were on the Dana Sirena, over night to Ebsjerg spent the day there then back, we booked commodore class cabin, it was lovely and huge! You get free champagne and canapés in the commodore lounge as well as other drinks. We also booked dinner in the Explorers Steakhouse which was very good. I think all of there ships are similar :)

Whats the DFDS ferry? That sounds interesting. Tell me more please..I'm looking at going over to Holland/Belgium for the florist wholesalers for xmas bits for the shop. Wholesalers will ship it for you but charge you an absolute fortune and driving via the tunnel is a right pain..doing it by luxury ferry sounds better!

Barnowl,,did you see my favourite acts in Morgans? One Vision? Shoewaddywaddy? Sister Act? God I love Benidorm,,been going for 20 years now!

"Gillhalf pint you would love my local, if you like Beers, won the Camra pub of the year in 2007/8 and Camra Gloucestershire pub of the year 2013 - no steam trains though."

Topsey, If that is the Old Spot in Dursley, I agree it is a great pub. Been there and had a few when staying near Slimbridge.

Whats the DFDS ferry? That sounds interesting. Tell me more please..I'm looking at going over to Holland/Belgium for the florist wholesalers for xmas bits for the shop. Wholesalers will ship it for you but charge you an absolute fortune and driving via the tunnel is a right pain..doing it by luxury ferry sounds better!

Barnowl,,did you see my favourite acts in Morgans? One Vision? Shoewaddywaddy? Sister Act? God I love Benidorm,,been going for 20 years now!

Hi Cappers :) we didn't get to go in Neptunes at all I did want to but the entertainment at the hotel was so good.... we loved the acts at Benidorm Palace too one act was a group of about 40 Michael Jacksons

Hi Cappers,

We did the overnight DFDS ferry to Amsterdam from Newcastle.Great time

Another couple of Beni lovers.We go once a year at least sometimes two and off again in November.Used to always stay in the Don Pancho but stayed in the Riviera Beach Hotel this year after infoqueen recommended it on here,great hotel and thats where were heading again in November.....ah One Vision.Lost count how many times we have seen them in fact Mrs Jim The Scot is a groupie :D...seriously aren`t they top class.One night we`ll watch them in Morgans,next night MJTS drags me to watch them in the comedy club. Shoewaddy are good also.There many excellent acts to be seen in Beni,one of the reasons we visit regularly

In all the times we had been to Beni not once have we been to the Benidorm Palace,just never took our fancy

Barnowl, we are going over for a mini trip with coach travel included from Edinburgh down to Newcastle. Its so cheap (around £250) for a 2 night ferry trip and 3 nights bed, breakfast and dinner at a German Hotel. We are not taking the car. I.m not sure what the normal ferry prices are. I've remembered the other German city we are going to - its Koblensk.

Archived