price lowers after final payment and CC won't honor the difference

hedyc

I have seen the term before ' five star rate '. what is a five star rate?

just curious.

thanks,

Debbi

From my understanding it is a promo rate code - it still confuses me. All I know is that prices dropped before final payment and I couldn't pay the additional amount to do a paid upgrade because they weren't considered five star rates - which they had to be in order to combine with my pick your perk promo booking code.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Regardless of the confusion over rates and rate categories (including guarantee), I've never been able to take advantage of a price drop after final payment date.

To the OP, if you were able to do this in the past you were lucky.

Enjoy your cruise and don't worry about it.

I have always assumed that you could get the advantage of the price drop if it occurred before the date for final payment even if you made your payment before that date. Am I wrong?

This completely depends upon whether or not you have a promo. You might lose your promo extras like drink packages etc.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

this is the first time that even after final payment Celebrity has not given me the price difference between what I paid and the new price drop. Anyone help with suggestions?

That's pretty standard all throughout the industry. There may be some exceptions, but they are jus that, exceptions.

Why is it you think they should honor the price for you?

That's pretty standard all throughout the industry. There may be some exceptions, but they are jus that, exceptions.

Why is it you think they should honor the price for you?

Celebrity USED to honour price drops after final payment. I am not sure of the date when this changed...it was something like 5 years ago.

The OP may have applied for price drops after final payment years ago and received them, but she finds that she is not able to get them now. This may be the first time she has tried to access a price reduction after final payment since Celebrity`s policy changed.

I have always assumed that you could get the advantage of the price drop if it occurred before the date for final payment even if you made your payment before that date. Am I wrong?

When i was booking on board Silhouette in the spring the agent mentioned several times that if we submit final payment early then that would be considered final payment and no changes allowed.

Most cruise lines don't honor price drops after final payment....or at least none that I know of. If it is before - I have gotten them with Celebrity, but afterwards? I stop checking the price and what's done is done. Otherwise, people would continue calling Celebrity for week out pricing to get a discount.

Archived