Is celebrity better than royal caribean??

Mrsfshesgawjus

• 1 month later...
I've just returned from my 4th royal carribean cruise. I have sailed on liberty , twice on adventure and once on navigator. I do love royal but have found some of the entertainment etc to be a bit repetitive at this stage. I've heard celebrity is good. Has anyone any experience of both cruise companies and any opinions on which is better? Or indeed if anyone has found any other company better than royal carribean? I'm afraid to book with another company incase I don't enjoy it as much because its an expensive holiday! Any help would be appreciated! Sharon.

we mostly cruise Celeb & love S class ships and AQ w/BLU. We have been on Radiance, Navigator, Enchantment, Brilliance and most recently Oasis....enjoyed them all except Oasis.

.It seems great for families w/ children of all ages, those who enjoy rock walls, flow riders, zipllines etc... For us it was way too big, crowded, impersonal and mostly a floating shopping mall & food court. lots of windy areas due to way it was designed, crowded pools and did not have the same elegant, special feel as on Celebrity. the hawking of cookbooks and wine aerators in specialty venues was not very classy! and you have to book tix for events in advance and even then wait on lines...

We find music is usually better on Royal C than Celebrity but not so on our oasis cruise...The shows on Celebrity can also get into a pattern once you have experienced them.. We did think that the Celeb aerial shows we have experienced were much better than the Oasis show of the same type....

we truly look forward to being back on Celeb. Equinox for out next cruise & may also try Reflection...Hope this helps you choose but of course it is all very subjective when picking a good match.. we struck out trying oasis! Dtr & her fiancee loved it!

"Better" is very subjective. It. Is better for me since I don't do the activities on Royal. However, if I'd take my grand kids I would chose Royal. celebrity is more sophisticated. Better dining in MDR And fine specialty restaurants. The answer to your question is it depends on what you're looking for.

Interestingly enough, I took my four kids (teen and pre-teen) on a Carnival cruise about three years ago, and they all had a blast. Almost two years later, I took them on a Celebrity cruise, and all but one liked Celebrity better. They said is was more relaxing (teenagers looking for relaxation? Maybe I have them -- or they have themselves -- in too many activities!)!

Thanks so much for your reply. That sounds just what I'm looking for. The no smoking thing is a big plus too. That's one of the things I really dislike about RCI. I can't believe there's so many indoor smoking areas! Ill definitely pick up a brochure tomorrow and investigate more. I presume it's more expensive too?

Couldn't agree more. Celebrity takes First place over Royal, although we cruise both lines depending on itinerary. Like their smoking policy and fewer children, if any. Will pay a few bucks more just for that. The best is Azamara and like Royal they recognize your level.. diamond, Elite, etc.

RCI has better entertainment by far. Rooms are slightly better on newer ships. All else, including food, atmosphere, service, lecturers, friendliness, etc, pick celebrity. I have sailed both this year and in prior years too.

If it could be proven that one cruise line was better than another, there would be a mass exodus from one to the other.

If one were to ask whether M-class ships were inferior or superior to S-class you would get a very varied response based on personal preferences, the same if one were to ask about the superiority of Radiance class vs the other RC classes.

We have been on back to back cruises on the same ship and our experience was very different on the same itinerary, with practically the same staff.

Fact: Celebrity M-class ships have the same basic hull design as Radiance class on Royal. Both are just over 90,000 tons. Millennium has a passenger capacity of 2,138 passengers, Radiance 2,501 passengers. Both ships have their fans but one carries nearly 400 more passengers in the same space. For one who likes personal space, I think that fact could be considered in picking a ship.

There is just too much personal bias for anyone to say that A is better than B or B better than A.

The experience is just different and both companies seem to be successful in meeting the expectations of most of their loyal customers again and again.

We will be cruising Eclipse~Oasis~Century~Constellation~Allure in 2014 because personal likes dictate our preferences, not unsubstantiated facts that can be manipulated by anyone who has different biases from ours..

As always, we are so glad that we all have so much choice to pursue our cruising obsession without everyone else picking the same ship... :D

Can I just say I am extremely jealous?

Archived