Is celebrity better than royal caribean??

Mrsfshesgawjus

I've just returned from my 4th royal carribean cruise. I have sailed on liberty , twice on adventure and once on navigator. I do love royal but have found some of the entertainment etc to be a bit repetitive at this stage. I've heard celebrity is good. Has anyone any experience of both cruise companies and any opinions on which is better? Or indeed if anyone has found any other company better than royal carribean? I'm afraid to book with another company incase I don't enjoy it as much because its an expensive holiday! Any help would be appreciated! Sharon.

I've just returned from my 4th royal carribean cruise. I have sailed on liberty , twice on adventure and once on navigator. I do love royal but have found some of the entertainment etc to be a bit repetitive at this stage. I've heard celebrity is good. Has anyone any experience of both cruise companies and any opinions on which is better? Or indeed if anyone has found any other company better than royal carribean? I'm afraid to book with another company incase I don't enjoy it as much because its an expensive holiday! Any help would be appreciated! Sharon.

"Better" is very subjective. It. Is better for me since I don't do the activities on Royal. However, if I'd take my grand kids I would chose Royal. celebrity is more sophisticated. Better dining in MDR And fine specialty restaurants. The answer to your question is it depends on what you're looking for.

"Better" is very subjective. It. Is better for me since I don't do the activities on Royal. However, if I'd take my grand kids I would chose Royal. celebrity is more sophisticated. Better dining in MDR And fine specialty restaurants. The answer to your question is it depends on what you're looking for.

I like good bars, good food, good pool area,nice staterooms and not too many kids! I don't really take part in most of the activities on royal also so yoga and bingo etc is not important to me.

For us Celebrity is RCI for adults. We found the food to be a little better across the board. Service is good on both lines as is the crew. Both are friendly.

The S class ships have the wow factor that RCI has. The entertainment is in line with RCI's Voyager and Freedom class but not up to the Oasis class. The smoking policy on X is great. Nice to walk through a ship that doesn't smell like an ash tray. Also you will not find as many kids on board Celebrity.

Very nice pools and we love the Martini and Molecular bars. I suggest giving X a try. :)

For us Celebrity is RCI for adults. We found the food to be a little better across the board. Service is good on both lines as is the crew. Both are friendly.

The S class ships have the wow factor that RCI has. The entertainment is in line with RCI's Voyager and Freedom class but not up to the Oasis class. The smoking policy on X is great. Nice to walk through a ship that doesn't smell like an ash tray. Also you will not find as many kids on board Celebrity.

Very nice pools and we love the Martini and Molecular bars. I suggest giving X a try. :)

Thanks so much for your reply. That sounds just what I'm looking for. The no smoking thing is a big plus too. That's one of the things I really dislike about RCI. I can't believe there's so many indoor smoking areas! Ill definitely pick up a brochure tomorrow and investigate more. I presume it's more expensive too?

Thanks so much for your reply. That sounds just what I'm looking for. The no smoking thing is a big plus too. That's one of the things I really dislike about RCI. I can't believe there's so many indoor smoking areas! Ill definitely pick up a brochure tomorrow and investigate more. I presume it's more expensive too?

Price can vary. I have seen X actually cost less at times over RCI. You just have to shop around.

We find Celebrity more relaxing than RCI. There are fewer tannoy announcements, sun loungers are more comfortable especially in the solarium, there seem to be fewer under 18s.

I feel that RCI seem to try and organise people into activities more, but we just like to chill out and mooch. I have found the entertainment in the main theatre better on RCI, but the musicians around the ship rre better on X.

We've just booked for next year and celebrity came out cheaper than rci again for us :D

We find Celebrity more relaxing than RCI. There are fewer tannoy announcements, sun loungers are more comfortable especially in the solarium, there seem to be fewer under 18s.

I feel that RCI seem to try and organise people into activities more, but we just like to chill out and mooch. I have found the entertainment in the main theatre better on RCI, but the musicians around the ship rre better on X.

We've just booked for next year and celebrity came out cheaper than rci again for us :D

Great thanks for that. We're the same. We just like chilling out at the pool having some drinks and some good food. We don't really take part in too many of the organised activities. Love the English/Irish bar on RCI as its most like a proper pub and it tends to be the most fun. We just came back from our last cruise last weekend and although I loved it it had just lost a wee bit of the magic I normally feel when I'm onboard plus there was serious hustle and bustle around the pool area particularly. Think I'm definately swaying toward trying celebrity next year.

I like the food on Celebrity more than on the Royal Caribbean ships. But if you want entertainment I do not believe that any other ship can compare to the Oasis and Allure. Both of these ships will keep you as busy as you choose. If you have the time and money a week cruise on the Allure or Oasis followed by a week on one of the Celebrity ships (Solstice class) is a wonderful vacation. A B2B on sister cruise lines.

I like the food on Celebrity more than on the Royal Caribbean ships. But if you want entertainment I do not believe that any other ship can compare to the Oasis and Allure. Both of these ships will keep you as busy as you choose. If you have the time and money a week cruise on the Allure or Oasis followed by a week on one of the Celebrity ships (Solstice class) is a wonderful vacation. A B2B on sister cruise lines.

Thanks for the reply. I may have to win the lottery before I can afford a back to back one though!!

For us they both good. Celebrity is more "class" better food and service. Royal is more active as far as by the pool or in the Royal Promenade or the Solarium. For a longer cruise we like Royal as it is more going on for shorter one Celebrity. We enjoy staying up at night and it seems that more going on with Royal and more relaxed in Celebrity. If you are an early sleeper than Celebrity will be great if you like dancing, music... go with Royal.

I prefer Celebrity, but I enjoy the entertainment on Royal. If you want a relaxing cruise with good food and enriching seminars, try Celebrity. If you like activities and great entertainment and a night life, choose Royal. I now cruise for destinations so the night life and entertainment is not a big plus for me.

Ditto, we love Celebrity but the food choices and entertainment on the Oasis class are in a league by themselves.

Rccl is much better except for the smoking policy.

How so? Perhaps giving the OP your list of why RCCL is better would be helpful. Also, letting the OP know how many Royal and Celebrity cruises you've been on would be beneficial.

I like good bars, good food, good pool area,nice staterooms and not too many kids! I don't really take part in most of the activities on royal also so yoga and bingo etc is not important to me.

I think that you will love Celebrity. The price is similar to RC. The bars are very nice but you won't find a rustic British Pub, as that is not Celebrity's style. On Solstice class, you will find entertainment nightly in Ensemble lounge (piano, jazz, folk, light rock, etc). The specialty restaurants are excellent as is the included dining.

We like Royal and Celebrity and we typical go on either depending on where we want to go and what's available. We love the Royal ships with the promenades and sometimes the Celebrity cruises are a little boring so we need to get some cheesiness backing into our cruise groove by doing another Royal cruise where we can do Quest, mini-golf, etc.

I'd go on either line in a heartbeat.

Celebrities smoking policy (or no smoking policy) is REALLY nice. We've had 3 Royal cruises ruined somewhat by balcony smokers making it impossible to leave our door open or go out on our balcony. We never have to worry on Celebrity.

Tom

Archived