Celebrity reflection

suziecruise68

We returned from the August 9th cruise on the Reflection. It was one of our favorite cruises. The Reflection was a beautiful ship with great food, service, shows, etc. It was interesting to be on a cruise where Americans were not the majority. It was great meeting so many people from different countries, and there were over 500 children, who you rarely saw.

The one interesting thing we noticed was that the majority wanted to eat late (a European tradition). We went for drinks with our friends at 5:45 and sat down about 6:30. There were not a lot of people out and about. When we finished dinner a little after 8:00, the lounges were packed and the 8:30 seating was packed. We would wander thru the shops and head for the theater for the 9:00 show. The singers and dancers were great, but the only show that was packed at 9:00 was the magician. When we left the show a little before 10:00, the lounges were going strong and I expect people would soon to be heading to the 11:00 show. I don' know for sure as we heading back to the room well before 11:00. This is a very port intensive cruise and most of our tours met at 8:00 or before.

While we were there (August) it was very hot and humid. Hopefully it won't be so hot in June. Most of the tours required a lot of walking (up to the the top of the hill) and many of the walkways were rough. Everyone was well worth it.

We booked mostly private tours for the four (or six) of us. I can give you more details if you want. We booked RomeCabs for transfers from the airport (with a two hour tour), from the great hotel (Alberto Cesari) to the port with another two hour tour, and from the port to the airport on the 19th. We also booked great private tours in Athens, Naples (Pompeii and the Amalfi Coast) and Messina (Mt Etna and Taormina). We booked ship tours in Kusadasi (you have to tour Ephesus with the apartments), Rhodes (Lindos and the beach) and Santorini (you have to do Oia). We did Mykanos on our own (just walked the waterfront to the windmills and wandered thru the back streets).

We usually ordered room service in the morning with such early tours. Room service was always on time and good. We often ate lunch in the dining room. On one of the port days they offer a brunch in the dining room which was excellent. Be sure to carry water on your tours.

You will enjoy this fabulous ship and itinerary. Rest up and bring good walking shoes.

We board the Reflection on the 30th of this month, so nice to hear that you had such a great time. We are some of the ones who will be doing late seating, a bit later than we typically like but had heard that is the norm on a cruise through Europe.

Our tours have been booked independent of the ships and a couple of the ports we are going DIY. This will be our first trip to Europe and only our second cruise with Celebrity, we typically sail with Princess so it is really great to hear such good reports on the Reflection. Thanks so much for your input and for sharing.

We board the Reflection on the 30th of this month, so nice to hear that you had such a great time. We are some of the ones who will be doing late seating, a bit later than we typically like but had heard that is the norm on a cruise through Europe.

Our tours have been booked independent of the ships and a couple of the ports we are going DIY. This will be our first trip to Europe and only our second cruise with Celebrity, we typically sail with Princess so it is really great to hear such good reports on the Reflection. Thanks so much for your input and for sharing.

We also sail Princess most of the time. We will be on the Emerald out of FLL on Nov 9th. The only problem we had with the Reflection vs Princess is the shortage of pull out drawers or convenient shelving for clothes on the Reflection. We had a balcony cabin and the main storage was shelving over the bed. DW had to stand on the bed to get things. They also did not have a shelve in the closet. We got used to it, just a heads up.

We knew about the late dining in Europe, but we like the shows and didn't want to do the 11:00 shows with early tours in the morning. Most nights the shows were at 9 and 11.

Another thing we liked about the Reflection was the shore talks. Unlike Princess where they are mostly information about where to shop, on this cruise the talks were mostly about the sites to see and a little about where to shop and a little about what ship tours to take.

We also liked being able to access our account on the room tv, although the station choices were no different. You also could view pictures that were taken of you and friends on the room tv. Room service is very good on the Reflection. With so many early tours we often had breakfast delivered and it included plain omelets. It was always delivered on time and it was delivered by our cabin attendant.

There was always a lot going on, especially in the atrium. The one thing I missed was a piano bar. They also had a lecturer, who spoke about the fabulous history of this area. All in all, a great trip. It is interesting to see what each cruise line does differently than the others. We were on the Oasis recently and that is a whole different experience.

We returned from the August 9th cruise on the Reflection. It was one of our favorite cruises. The Reflection was a beautiful ship with great food, service, shows, etc. It was interesting to be on a cruise where Americans were not the majority. It was great meeting so many people from different countries, and there were over 500 children, who you rarely saw.

The one interesting thing we noticed was that the majority wanted to eat late (a European tradition). We went for drinks with our friends at 5:45 and sat down about 6:30. There were not a lot of people out and about. When we finished dinner a little after 8:00, the lounges were packed and the 8:30 seating was packed. We would wander thru the shops and head for the theater for the 9:00 show. The singers and dancers were great, but the only show that was packed at 9:00 was the magician. When we left the show a little before 10:00, the lounges were going strong and I expect people would soon to be heading to the 11:00 show. I don' know for sure as we heading back to the room well before 11:00. This is a very port intensive cruise and most of our tours met at 8:00 or before.

While we were there (August) it was very hot and humid. Hopefully it won't be so hot in June. Most of the tours required a lot of walking (up to the the top of the hill) and many of the walkways were rough. Everyone was well worth it.

We booked mostly private tours for the four (or six) of us. I can give you more details if you want. We booked RomeCabs for transfers from the airport (with a two hour tour), from the great hotel (Alberto Cesari) to the port with another two hour tour, and from the port to the airport on the 19th. We also booked great private tours in Athens, Naples (Pompeii and the Amalfi Coast) and Messina (Mt Etna and Taormina). We booked ship tours in Kusadasi (you have to tour Ephesus with the apartments), Rhodes (Lindos and the beach) and Santorini (you have to do Oia). We did Mykanos on our own (just walked the waterfront to the windmills and wandered thru the back streets).

We usually ordered room service in the morning with such early tours. Room service was always on time and good. We often ate lunch in the dining room. On one of the port days they offer a brunch in the dining room which was excellent. Be sure to carry water on your tours.

You will enjoy this fabulous ship and itinerary. Rest up and bring good walking shoes.

Glad you had a great time. My mom, daughter and I are very excited! Do you happen to remember what nights were your formal nights?

Formal nights were the two sea days - days 3 and 9.

Another suggestion. Be sure that everyone is prepared for the hikes (many uphill) on uneven ground if you plan on seeing the Acropolis, Lindos, Ephesus, Mt Etna, Pompeii. Also, many parts of the towns you visit are pedestrian only and there are long walks back to the parking lot. The sites are spectacular, but be prepared.

We did the Mediterranean for our anniversary in early May. Weather was still a little cool and rainy, but we did get some great pool days regardless. Our fav port was Santorini. The ship and crew was so spectacular that we've booked a Caribbean cruise on Reflection late this year. Take advantage of the specialty restaurants- Qsine, Tuscan, and Murano were outstanding. If you drink, consider the premium beverage pkg. it's the only way to go for us. Enjoy!

The Reflection is a beautiful ship and she is impeccably clean and well maintained. We sailed on her last February and will again in a few weeks in the Med. The service and food on any celebrity ship cannot be beat, but the extensive dining options and of course, most important, the bar options on their new ships are absolutely amazing.

The only problem we had with the Reflection vs Princess is the shortage of pull out drawers or convenient shelving for clothes on the Reflection. We had a balcony cabin and the main storage was shelving over the bed. DW had to stand on the bed to get things. They also did not have a shelve in the closet. We got used to it, just a heads up.

Oh yes! We had a great laugh over this one. I even took pictures of us trying to get to our things. We were fine with it, however, it did concern us if there were elderly people that could not be climbing up on the bed to reach their clothes. Strange design idea for sure!

Reflection is my favorite Celebrity ship. I tried X after one Princess cruise, which I loved, and never went back. Going on Reflection in January, which will by my first repeat of a ship. I liked it that much. I'm sorry to say that my DD and DS shared a standard balcony cabin and also noticed the lack of shelves besides the overbed bin. They made use of the closet and hung lots of things like t shirts that would normally go in a drawer. I know cost is a huge consideration, and PLEASE don't take this as a snobbish comment, I'm just going to say that if you can afford a suite, even a sky suite, which is like a Princess junior suite, the storage options improve exponentially.

Nice things about Reflection: the bathrooms are really nice, roomy, shower door instead of curtain. The buffet is very nicely laid out, with multiple stations. The service I have experienced across the board on Celebrity has been really over-the-top impressive, better than Princess, in my personal experience. The ship is beautiful. The library is very nicely stocked, if you like to read. I thought the food was superior to Princess, but food is very subjective, so some don't agree with me there.

Have a wonderful cruise, I think you will love Reflection!

I was on Reflection's second sailing in the Med last October. We have sailed all the S class ships and Silhouette and Reflection are our favorites. She s absolutely gorgeous! The Sunset Bar is one four favorite spots for pre- dinner drinks. Would have loved to sail her in the Caribbean ths winter, but we were not thrilled with the itinerary. We had to decide between ports or ship and we chose Summit for it's great itinerary out of San Juan.

Archived