did Celebrity ever do towel animals?

porrah

Many, many nights on Celebrity with no towel animals and now start to see them more.

We always tell our steward the first time we see a towel animal to go ahead and not make them for our room. We've seen them all, sometimes multiple times, and would rather the steward increase their time off rather than the time it takes to make a towel animal. This especially is true since they have increased the work load for stewards. If you are sailing with children, though, their first time(s) with the animals is pretty special!

Would rather they re-instate some of the things they have eliminated rather than add towel animals. Of course towel animals cost nothing.

Have you ever seen them make a towel animal, it takes them 10-20 seconds flat? :rolleyes: . They do this every night and have mastered it!

Highly doubt that 10-20 seconds you give back to them means anything at all, maybe if you told them you didn't want your bed made or room cleaned it would be different :p

Just off the Eclipse two weeks ago. We had a towel animal a few days into the cruise and thanked our room attendant for it. Every night after we got a towel animal. Celebrity is not like Carnival where you are almost guaranteed one each night. Im sure if you kindly asked they would be more than willing too. We did tip our room attendant extra at the end of the cruise for his efforts

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Forums mobile app

Many, many nights on Celebrity with no towel animals and now start to see them more.

We always tell our steward the first time we see a towel animal to go ahead and not make them for our room. We've seen them all, sometimes multiple times, and would rather the steward increase their time off rather than the time it takes to make a towel animal. This especially is true since they have increased the work load for stewards.

Would rather they re-instate some of the things they have eliminated rather than add towel animals. Of course towel animals cost nothing.

On a previous line I sailed I became very aware of the overworked staff, to the point where it became uncomfortable and I looked for ways to lighten their workload. I went so far as to imagine better ways to organize the staff to do what was being overlooked. The staff would approach us and let us know how impossible their jobs had become. I decided not to support that company, I cannot enjoy a vacation if the staff is cut so short service cannot be comfortably provided.

Such a cutting comment!
Some can't let others enjoy a topic without bringing up the things they miss or the old days...gets old, doesn't it.

I hope I get a towel animal on my January cruises, but not the monkey hanging from the ceiling. On another cruise line, I walked into my cabin one evening without turning on the light and almost had a heart attack because I thought someone was in there...it was just that darn hanging monkey, but I did get a good laugh when I saw what it was. I did enjoy the pig, because it kind of looked like my Old English Sheepdog.

Edited by NLH Arizona

Have you ever seen them make a towel animal, it takes them 10-20 seconds flat? :rolleyes: . They do this every night and have mastered it!

Highly doubt that 10-20 seconds you give back to them means anything at all, maybe if you told them you didn't want your bed made or room cleaned it would be different :p

The complicated ones (some of which are shown here) take longer than 10-20 seconds. Plus, the extra towels do not fall like manna from heaven, they have to procure them from the laundry cart, put them on their cart, etc. They also have to remove the towels and do the same in reverse. OK, so maybe it is a couple of minutes. A couple of minutes x 18 rooms is 36 minutes. And yes, since we have seen every towel animal numerous times and could care less, and have been told the little bit of extra time is appreciated, you do what you want to do and we will do the same.

Hey, if you enjoy them and the Cabin Steward is willing to make them for you, by all means ask, as the Cabin Stewards seem to only want to make your cruise enjoyable. I know if I get one or two on my January cruise, it would make me smile and I'm sure the Cabin Steward will have a smile on his face the last night, when I give them an extra tip for it. Edited by NLH Arizona

Give me a break. Go to Disney land if you if you want toys. Give me clean sheets, clean towels and ice. Staff have enough to do without making towel animals we are not 10 years old.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Someone asked a question people are answering. No one sounds like they are complaining.

I hate to be the party pooper here, but I'm grateful we've only had them on one cruise (on RCCL). It looked like the cabin steward spent a lot of time and thought to create the "animals." We were reluctant to take them apart because we didn't want to offend the cabin steward. So the cabin steward just left them in our cabin. As a result, by the seventh day of this cruise, we had seven large towel animals piled up in our cabin; they took up valuable space in our small cabin. Just give me towels to dry off with, and don't take up my cabin space with "critters!" :D

I hate to be the party pooper here, but I'm grateful we've only had them on one cruise (on RCCL). It looked like the cabin steward spent a lot of time and thought to create the "animals." We were reluctant to take them apart because we didn't want to offend the cabin steward. So the cabin steward just left them in our cabin. As a result, by the seventh day of this cruise, we had seven large towel animals piled up in our cabin; they took up valuable space in our small cabin. Just give me towels to dry off with, and don't take up my cabin space with "critters!" :D

Well over a hundred days at sea and we never had a steward leave the criters and I even asked once. I would have loved to have them stay.

My suggestion is undo them, use them, and it will be obvious what your desires are. It is likely difficult for them to clean around them anyway.

Edited by hulamoon