did Celebrity ever do towel animals?

porrah

We just returned from our first Celebrity cruise. (Mediterranean, Equinox) I know the crew work hard etc etc, but I must admit to being a little disappointed that on our 12 day cruise we didnt get any creations. On other lines, we have always looked forward to seeing what would be in our cabin and it got to be a game between us and the cabin steward. Is this the norm for Celebrity? Maybe towel animals are beneath them? Or did we just have a lousy steward?

Some stewards do them as a matter of course, some don't. It doesn't mean you had a "lousy" steward. You are more likely to get them if you have children in the stateroom. In future, if you would like them, a word to your steward and you will probably have them the following night.

didn't you see the magic carpet hanging in the bathroom. The creations are not part of everyday Celebrity cruising, however, we have seen a number over the years.

I was disappointed too i missed the towel creations, but now realize I had several magic carpets in my bathroom too! very subtle

:D

We have rarely seen towel animals on X. We came back to our cabin and there was a couple on the bed. It was a nice surprise.

Later in the evening as we were getting ready to shower we seen that there were no towels. We called the hot line to get some towels. They were delivered about 15 minutes later.

The next day we told the cabin attendant that he forgot to leave us towels and that we had to call the service desk. He looked at us and said that he didn't forget our towels and pointed to the animals. We felt a little foolish because On the other lines those were in addition to the regular towels.

On our last Carnival cruise one morning every chair around the pool had a towel animal on it and everyone was different. Surprisingly no one removed them or tried to claim a chair for a rather long time until the real animals took over and then it back to the typical....

Edited by miched

The only towel animals we have ever had on Celebrity were two swans that were waiting for us after dinner on our 25th anniversary. A very considerate thing for our room attendant to have done for us. (he was generously rewarded!)

I've had one in five cruises, it was our most recent cruise on the Eclipse. It was a lovely little mouse made from a facecloth and even had proper stick on eyes :)

To be honest as cute as they are I would prefer that the room attendant spent his or her free time having a rest rather than making things out of towels :) they work hard enough as it is!

Edited by DebbieMacG

Towel animals on all our Celebrity cruises...brings a smile to my wife's face (OK, I like them too :D )! Once the Stateroom Attendants find out how much we like them...we keep them all throughout the cruise, to the point where the couch is unusable for "human" activities...we sometimes find several at night !!:)

On our last Millie cruise, there was also a Pool Butler assigned to the T-Pool who made large animals from the pool towels everyday...just another happy greeting each morning.

Thanks Celebrity

Woody

We've been on 16 Celebrity cruises and have only had towel animals on 1 cruise - our 2010 Mercury cruise. My husband and I couldn't believe it the first evening we came back to the cabin after dinner I took pictures of them because we hadn't had them on a Celebrity cruise before or as it turns out since then.

My daughter had one small towel animal in her cabin made with a face cloth on Connie in July. We didn't get any.

Our travel companions got a snake made from a pool towel. It really made them jump when they opened their cabin door as they had never cruised before and didn't expect anything like that to great them.

On RCI it was so exciting to see them in the cabin and to see what they were going to be. We gave an extra large tip at the end of the cruise because our steward had made the trip for us. If you look at my cruise name photo you can see what we did to my daughters teddies when a monkey arrived in our room on the Mariner

We just returned from our first Celebrity cruise. (Mediterranean, Equinox) I know the crew work hard etc etc, but I must admit to being a little disappointed that on our 12 day cruise we didnt get any creations. On other lines, we have always looked forward to seeing what would be in our cabin and it got to be a game between us and the cabin steward. Is this the norm for Celebrity? Maybe towel animals are beneath them? Or did we just have a lousy steward?

Hi, I would never call the cabin attendant lousy because I didn't

receive a towel animal.:eek: And I would not say it is beneath them

either. No, it is not something normally done but from reading

the other posts, some folks have received them.

I guess we all have different opinions about everything, including

towel animals. Not something I care about, actually, I think they are

a bit weird but after reading all the posts, I guess I am in the

minority.

Sorry you were disappointed in not receiving them. Hope you

enjoyed the rest of your cruise.

We have had some towel animals waiting for us on each X cruise we have taken. My favorite was a bat hanging on a line and it was wearing my sunglasses.

That was the creepiest thing I have ever seen :eek: Ours was a monkey hanging from the ceiling - it scared the pants off me when I turned the light on in the cabin! I have no need for them, don't know what to do with them, and much rather my hard working room stewards not waste their time on them. I think they are a wonderful idea if there are children in the cabin though:D

Edited by Christine Frances

Frankly I think some stewards are very proud that they have learned how to make them. One steward told us that he went on his own time to classes as he thought the passengers would enjoy them. For that I give them a thumbs up - it is obviously not something that is required of them, but it something that gives pleasure to some of them and some guests. Last time we had a duck made & the steward assured us that he wanted to go home with us.................. nice gesture