Jamie Logan

captjohn

captjohn, we just disembarked from the Navigator and Jamie was the Cruise Director for our Alaskan cruise....which was excellent in every way!!!

I was on his website and it hadn't been updated for a long time. He and his wife Dana were on our Honeymoon cruise on RCCL way before Regent and were on our first few Regent - then Radisson - cruises. They are great at what they do.

captjohn, we just disembarked from the Nav.........................which was excellent in every way!!!

How was the Nav Shore Excursion Department(crew)?

Some poster here have complained of late. Sound like you were happy.

J

Just returned from the Navigator too and I must say it was perfect in everyday.

Jamie and the entire entertainment cast were the best I have ever seen at sea. Too bad she sailed without me in San Francisco

I totally agree with your assessment and I must say I was a bit reluctant to sail due to the fact we've not been on this particular ship and some remarks have been less than favorable on CC. The food was outstanding: the crew excellent; entertainment awesome.....we got left behind in SF also:(

How was the Nav Shore Excursion Department(crew)?

Some poster here have complained of late. Sound like you were happy.

J

Sorry to have left your ? unanswered. I heard no complaints which is good news but one of the school buses used for an Astoria excursion broke down and had to wait for another bus. I would imagine those folks weren't happy campers! We met so many lovely couples on board. I can surprisingly say the dress for dinner was the most dressy I've seen. I thought Alaska might be a bit more casual. All in all this tops my list for our 3 Regent voyages. Capt. Daniel Green is certainly a "people" person....quite young at 37ish and very handsome!

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

We were on the bus that broke down in Astoria We were surprised to find our selves on a school bus rather than a coach anyway We waited about 30 mins for the replacement. Most people were pretty patient about it Can't say it was our favorite excursion or port of call but it was near the end of the cruise and we had enjoyed so many others days.

I don't think Astoria has worked out the cruises ship bugs yet. Not too many ships call at this port but the staff at the port thanked us for coming, that was nice

We were on the bus that broke down in Astoria We were surprised to find our selves on a school bus rather than a coach anyway We waited about 30 mins for the replacement. Most people were pretty patient about it Can't say it was our favorite excursion or port of call but it was near the end of the cruise and we had enjoyed so many others days.

I don't think Astoria has worked out the cruises ship bugs yet. Not too many ships call at this port but the staff at the port thanked us for coming, that was nice

We have been to Astoria half a dozen times on different lines; The School buses are not just used for Regent; They are owned i think by the Astoria Chamber of Commerce or Tourist Board. There are few other options in that port which is charming;

Archived