FYI to those on a budget in regards to gratuity/service charges

ladybugpug

I was making a telephone payment on my December cruise and asked about paying for the service charges. I know when I looked online it appears that you have to pay for the service charges for everyone in the room at the same time. This adds up with 6 cruisers. The NCL rep I talked to this morning said that we can pay the charge per person instead of per room over the phone. Basically making 6 payments of $108 instead of a one time payment of $708.

Not sure if this will help anyone else but it gave my morning a boost!:)

I was making a telephone payment on my December cruise and asked about paying for the service charges. I know when I looked online it appears that you have to pay for the service charges for everyone in the room at the same time. This adds up with 6 cruisers. The NCL rep I talked to this morning said that we can pay the charge per person instead of per room over the phone. Basically making 6 payments of $108 instead of a one time payment of $708.

That is excellent information to know, thanks for sharing!

Although I agree there is a saving I would still sooner have the money in my account just in case I have to cancel.

Not sure how you see this as a savings. Maybe you can explain in more detail. As far as I know it is $12 a day pp, either way.

Now the second part, I assume you mean you'd rather wait until you actually sail, I agree with that.

Not sure how you see this as a savings. Maybe you can explain in more detail. As far as I know it is $12 a day pp, either way.

Now the second part, I assume you mean you'd rather wait until you actually sail, I agree with that.

I am with you. Why give anyone money BEFORE you have to. And, no... I am not holding it in some great account drawing interest. But, as long as I have it, it is mine.

Couldn't you also just put the 6 monthly payments into a savings account and keep the money until cruise time. Then if any issues come up you are not trying to get a refund from NCL?

Archived