Where to park at Port Everglades, Fort Lauderdale

Rneighh

We are flying into Orlando for December 22, Carnival Cruise that leaves for Fort Lauderdale. We plan on renting a car and driving to the port. We will arrive late on 21 in Orlando and plan to drive part way get a hotel and the drive to the port early on the 22. It there anyplace to park that is less expensive then at the port?

Renee

We are flying into Orlando for December 22, Carnival Cruise that leaves for Fort Lauderdale. We plan on renting a car and driving to the port. We will arrive late on 21 in Orlando and plan to drive part way get a hotel and the drive to the port early on the 22. It there anyplace to park that is less expensive then at the port?

Renee

Google ParkNGo.

The majority of the car rental places in Florida do not charge for dropping a rental off at another location. Even if they did, the cost of renting a car for a week plus parking fees would be way more than the drop off charge.

I would just rent the car for a day, turn it in, then take a cab to the pier. Some rental agencies will even shuttle you to the pier or pick you up at the pier and take you to their office to rent another one.

Renee

Just curious, why are you flying into Orlando instead of FLL??

Thanks I didn't even think of a one day rental.

Jennmaybe --- I found a much cheaper rate by flying into Orlando. We are saving over $800 by flying into MCO instead of FLL

Wow! That's a lot of savings!! I would too if I was going to save that kind of moolah!:D:)

Maybe they are going to stop & see Mickey first.

Nope--here is what the OP said:

"We will arrive late on 21 in Orlando and plan to drive part way get a hotel and the drive to the port early on the 22."

Can't go see Mickey if they are arriving late and immediately driving down towards FLL.

Here's my suggestion. Do a one way rental from MCO and turn in at FLL. All of the rental car agencies at the Ft. Lauderdale airport have shuttles that will then take you to the port. Easy peasy. Or you could take a taxi just as easy from FLL to the port, fare would be about $12-$15. :)

Archived